"Die Another Day" Team PvP Event

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some really interesting thoughts coming up and I'm enjoying the read guys! :(

O.k.

I have have been agonizing over this event since it came up, I have never been a fan of PvP. I just had lots of poor experiences with different games (console) and getting embarrassed by some creep that got his jollies out of making peeps look silly for even trying. Most of all PvP means somebody wins and somebody loses. How do we keep this event light and fun without somebody getting pounded on and giving up or getting there ego bashed so badly that its not fun?

I have not read any posts or seen any builds designed for PvP. So what the heck do we bring to this party?

by level 15 you have 5 skills but only 30 skill points to spend. what do you pick? heavy on defense? heavy on damage? single target CAs or multi target (Area of Effect)?

These will be teams so party mods on CAs will be cool for once, but we won't have the skill points spent for only 6 or 7 mods tops.

So I am stuck.

Can Schot divulge any of his secrets to us to lesson the agony?

I completely understand what you're saying loco. My first experience, Tron 2.0, was extremely aggressive. I had to play with the biggest "potty mouthes" I've ever met and I never want to experience that again. Especially not in this event. It should go without saying but for the sake of saying I'll say there'll be Zero tolerance for poor sportsmanship:

Everyone loves to win of course and when a player/team is doing well in battle they should feel free to celebrate/congratulate but they should do so politely and with special consideration to their opponents. I don't want to see comments like "Yeah! Eat that suckah!" After defeating an opponent. That sort of talk is not "the [D.a.r.k] way". Give a "woot!" or "Whew! That was close!" or "Nice one!" to a team mate. All in all when achieving success celebrate, congratulate but do not condescend. The typical taunts of PvP don't apply in this event.

On the other side those who experience defeat, even at the hands of lag, must maintain their composure. Do not have a tantrum if you are not doing well. Everyone has their bad moments and it's important to be a "good sport" when times are tough. If there is a mis-communication then talk about it after the match and talk about it civilly and maturely. If you're angry. Don't be. It's only a game and all things can be resolved by simply discussing a problem and coming to a solution. PvP can elicit an uncontrollable excitement at times and even catch us off guard. That said if you start to have negative thoughts please take a break but more importantly please be fair to your team and try to at least finish the battle if you're in the middle of one and then take a break.

There's really no need to worry though. Team PvP is a much more gracious sport than 1 on 1 PvP I think. Not only that but most of the modes I've been thinking of aren't exactly about one team defeating another team. It's going to be much more complex than that. If all goes well there will even be some scoring involved.

As for preparations and divulging secrets... Hmm... Ok, well during the main mode we'll be playing we'll have limited space to work with and it won't be very large. There will be boundaries that we must play within so if anyone has considered the thought that they'll have plenty of running room in the event of trouble I can tell you now... You won't. ^^

The location to be played will remain secret. When it is time to play I will go to the location and then join each team to port them in.

We're playing level 15 so don't over-complicate things. Not only that but it's a new idea so don't worry too much about winning this weekend. Focus more on getting accustomed to PvP. Strategize for the next time.

7. Your now famous buff suit. Why not? Schot said this is a free for all event. Is this cheating? Not in this event!

8. Niob to your hearts content. Use the smiths. I'm sure they get lonely in the darkness. Even a smith needs to see light everynow and again.

~p.s.~ I tend to keep it very light. Meaning no hard feelings. I've been in pandora's box before. Your right...events like this can get out of hand. Remember, this is a family event for the [D.a.r.k]

You got it! And if need be share your(@all) resources with others too. :(

Basically, we're all in the same boat with PVP sacred 2 style, even though some of you may have PVP'd in other games, sacred 2 is comepletely different to them all so this could lead to some really hardcore ideas being useless and just keeping it simple.

Tactic wise, Im trying to just keep it simple, work out what mod points I think will be useful and planning on how to get them without wasting skill points.

PS...from wiki table here pacifism gives 4.3% mitigation at level 15...not really very much. Remember that out resistances are going to be much higher than your average monster at level 15 if we socket niob smith arts meaning damage is likely to be low without pacifism.

Keep it simple. Good advice!

There was some mention of LL%. You all may consider choosing base LL as opposed to LL%. LL% might not be very effective at such low levels given our HP pools will be small.

Cheers!

There was some mention of LL%. You all may consider choosing base LL as opposed to LL%. LL% might not be very effective at such low levels given our HP pools will be small.

Cheers!

Ssshh...that was one of my fiendish ideas you just gave away!

Cheers!

Oopthie! :(

What I meant to say was LL% FTW! :(

Cheers!

hahah.. Yeah! Eat that suckah!

I mean, uh.. woot! :(

*hides*

With regards to softcore versus hardcore we solved the problem of being able to gear up by using the shared chest. The second problem was that we lose the SB of a character...

Ok my advice is to only use this toon for this clan pvp event. Afterwards delete it. You can always boost a new virgin toon with blood forest quest chain. I have a level 75 shadow warrior softcore SW who is on the light side (I think) who would be able to boost you afterwords (I'm pretty sure he's light? have to check).. well the worst would be that you would have to side shadow which there are more SC people playing shadow than HC imo..

A problem that would occur if we did do hardcore is that the players and clan would burn through a lot of level 15 items = bad, because they are actually in short supply since you don't spend very long farming for the span between 15-30 and toons plus whenever you start a new toon you always need the 15 items but often you die before the higher level items so deplete them less. Well thats my theory I think loco said 15 items are always nice to have in the storage accounts.

Bonus Question: I tried schots method of farming sets in bronze. Silver sets is better than bronze but just in case theres an item you want and its missing you could farm it. Take level 30-60 toon and smack down the bronze low level griffon. Ok. But every time I tried it it dropped a level 20 set item. The question I have is whether it would drop the level 15 items from the 3 aspect sets?

Second Bonus question: how many combat art slots do we get at level 15?

Edited by claudius

question... can we be mounted..

One might want to have some gold runes socketed and that is a level 20 item just on the edge which would slow movement unless mounted... Plus bigger HP pool..

:tease: @ dreeft

With regards to softcore versus hardcore we solved the problem of being able to gear up by using the shared chest. The second problem was that we lose the SB of a character...

Ok my advice is to only use this toon for this clan pvp event. Afterwards delete it. You can always boost a new virgin toon with blood forest quest chain. I have a level 75 shadow warrior softcore SW who is on the light side (I think) who would be able to boost you afterwords (I'm pretty sure he's light? have to check).. well the worst would be that you would have to side shadow which there are more SC people playing shadow than HC imo..

A problem that would occur if we did do hardcore is that the clan would burn through a lot of level 15 items = bad, because they are actually in short supply since you don't spend very long farming for the span between 15-30 and toons plus whenever you start a new toon you always need the 15 items but often you die before the higher level items so deplete them less. Well thats my theory I think loco said 15 items are always nice to have in the storage accounts.

Bonus Question: I tried schots method of farming sets in bronze. Silver sets is better than bronze but just in case theres an item you want and its missing you could farm it. Take level 30-60 toon and smack down the bronze low level griffon. Ok. But every time I tried it it dropped a level 20 set item. The question I have is whether it would drop the level 15 items from the 3 aspect sets?

Second Bonus question: how many combat art slots do we get at level 15?

Thanx for the leveling offer claudius. That's very kind. :)

• Another alternative would be to SB train in between event dates.
  • For sets it might even be possible to do the Blood Forest quest over and over. It's generally great for sets and I "think" you can go there at as low a level as 4 in a Silver server. For the Griffin I think it primarily drops aspect sets.
  • CA and Weapon slots that we get at level 15 are 4

question... can we be mounted..

One might want to have some gold runes socketed and that is a level 20 item just on the edge which would slow movement unless mounted... Plus bigger HP pool..

Anything goes! Yes indeedy. :)

Thanks Schot!

:: Destroys camera that is viewing his secret journal with notes ::

I had to destroy this secret camera because some of the other players are trying to find out my secret weapon... The disregard armor was just a decoy.. Truly I have calculated the winning PVP build amidst the helter skelter of ideas! Hmmmm is that a spy bug or just my mouse? Have to investigate... Ok back to the secret journal... Of 'top' secret notes.... yes killl....killl ....killl....killl.....killllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll :tease:

Thanks Schot!

:: Destroys camera that is viewing his secret journal with notes ::

I had to destroy this secret camera because some of the other players are trying to find out my secret weapon... The disregard armor was just a decoy.. Truly I have calculated the winning PVP build amidst the helter skelter of ideas! Hmmmm is that a spy bug or just my mouse? Have to investigate... Ok back to the secret journal... Of 'top' secret notes.... yes killl....killl ....killl....killl.....killllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll :tease:

The Clan [D.a.r.k] spy bug is activated!

Your sensing it may be your mouse? This is planned. Spy Bug sends a false signal to your USB port connecting your mouse. In turn, your mouse will become rather odd in nature.

This is all of course a simple diversion.

I remain, :)

lol you guys. All these secrets are making me wanna hire a private eye. :)

P.s.

About that mount question... Although I did imply that you are "allowed" to use a mount it maaaay not actually be possible. :tease:

I would take three good guesses where schot's secret battle is but that would just spoil his fun.

*Singing* I know where we're going!

Spy Bug activated. Diversion enabled. *007 style*

"Shaken not Sturred"

I remain, :tease:

EDIT: typo

Edited by Etherian
I would take three good guesses where schot's secret battle is but that would just spoil his fun.

*Singing* I know where we're going!

Spy Bug activated. Diversion enabled. *007 style*

"Shaken not Sturred*

I remain, :tease:

What was that! Very strange, my mouse just moved all by itself. hmm.......

Well....just tried logging onto the servers to see they were working to see if there was any good news and noticed that both of the toons that it started making in preparation for the upcoming event had disappeared...one level 10 toon and a level 15 toon, completely gone. Bit of a bummer. Anyone else noticed this?

Yes it appears the did a rollback on the servers.

But it worked :) Servers are now up and running!

Edit: Can anyone help me out with a smith? Need some niob runes forged into level 2 equip for the event

Edited by ryanrocker1217

What about another week to prepare for this?

If anyone has a niob level 15 shopper (or SW set pieces) please shop me:

3 niob relics of each color

2 niob rings with nice melee mods

2 niob amulets with nice melee mods

SW wrists, feet (not legs), and shoulders... ANYTHING with sockets (or if you have set pieces for these pieces)

Also Ryan I can help you smith we just need to hook up

Edited by claudius

Thanks for the offer Claudius :) Will be on in around an hour and half. I also would prefer if the event was rescheduled as one night doesn't give me a ton of time to prepare :)

I really hope this GG event will be rescheduled...

Only 18hrs. to prepare w/ sleeping in the mix & working tomorrow makes this timeline next to "mission impossible"

I remain, ;)

I haven't had any time to prepare at all. I may end up just being a spectator.

If I get a chance I will do some shopping tonight and look for the stuff Claudius needs. If anyone else wants anything, let me know.

Well....just tried logging onto the servers to see they were working to see if there was any good news and noticed that both of the toons that it started making in preparation for the upcoming event had disappeared...one level 10 toon and a level 15 toon, completely gone. Bit of a bummer. Anyone else noticed this?

Yep, my level 10 character I was preparing for the event is also gone. What a bummer. ;)

I might have some time to remake this character if the second part of the event is sunday in the afternoon.

Max

Please Sign In or Sign Up