"Die Another Day" Team PvP Event

Yeah, thats true. And since we cant do any real group events such as capture the flag style things all we can really do is just kill again...the game is way too fast paced for healers and such. Was still fun initially, but probably only so with fresh toons each time.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It took a bit of effort too I mean smithing all that gear and finding items and things... I am really glad we did it, was quite a blast of excitement the first few rounds. :)

"Die Another Day" Event is exactly as its stated... :)

Back to the drawing board. Was way overpowered tonight. Need to rethink these type of builds obviously.

Was very fun, but like the others have posted, till you get rolled a few times and realize your particular char/build is hopeless.

Will be back again to fight Another Day!

I remain, :)

Whew! That was soooo much fun guys! I actually had a lot more fun than I was expecting. I couldn't stop laughing most of the time. :) I think with some tweaking this could be even more fun. I think what I liked most about tonight's Dday was seeing how Combat Arts work against players. I'm sure in time we'll likely get to know item modifiers even better than we already do.

Gratz to Dragon Brother who fought well and managed to remain "King of the Hill" several times. King of the Hill" is a PvP mode we'll have among others where everyone fends for themsleves. The last player standing wins.

Cheers guys and thanx for the fun!

Sorry Fellas, All my anxiety just came raging back on me in the fur ball of SWs and thier minions taking me out in 2-3 hits. Just not fun for me.

Hope you guys to have fun with it,

loco

Oh I know exactly what you're saying loco. I remember the first time I played a type of PvP. I would literally get the shakes. It was teeeerrible and I don't think I ever got over it. It's like the more intense the battle gets the more intensely I'd feel. Not exactly a nice feeling at all and I totally get PvP not being for everyone.

P.s.

Remember guys that this is the first time we're doing this. Don't be too hard on yourselves. Live and learn!

A LAN event with a single character save that one person prepared for everybody to use. So everyone was on the same level. That would be fun I think. But otherwise there is always gonna everybody trying to play catch up to the biggest Dog and out do the other. Which is kind of what we do with the game, but the game doesn't mind waiting for you while you go and shop or socket or level a little more. there is too much pressure to come prepared or die. with no timeout.

I know a lot of people that thrive on that environment and enjoy it. otherwise Halo 3 and COD wouldn't be soo huge. I just never really could get into that.

I wouldn't want to get whooped by any other bunch than you guys though.

Cheers!

I thought it was interesting how augment guidon, radiant pillar, and skeletal fortification were not so good with an intelligent player. People would just run away from those things. It was a learning experience. The skeletons also were crap they couldn't do any damage.

Yeah, you really get to see just how much of a difference our resistances make along with niob socketing and such. Just about the only thing doing any real damage was the lifeleech. Everyone was running away from the level 25 or 30 skeletons, but they could only hit for about 15 damage or so...makes me *almost* pity the monsters of Ancaria...but not quite :)

A LAN event with a single character save that one person prepared for everybody to use...

OooOOooh. Clone Wars mode! :D

Interesting points on augment guidon, radiant pillar, skeletal fortification and the Nether Allegiance skeletons. You're right, they don't seem to be very good offensive Combat Arts but they may still prove to be decent defensive Combat Arts. When running into trouble they could help to scare off attackers.

You did really well in the event Dragon Brother and if I had to guess I'd say that you went heavy on the +LL.

I think what I found most interesting of all is that I quickly learned that I could no longer take my relics for granted. I really didn't do any serious planning with my relics and it's probably going to become a very important part of my strategy. Reason being is that I was getting my butt whooped by loco's BeeEffGee, lol. At the start I had set my relics to something random like poison/magic. For most of the event I never even looked at my relics. Nor was I keeping opponents damage types in check but I could have been. I had I given a bit of thought to loco's barage I might have switched my relics to Ice and probably dimished the amount of damage by quite a lot. Like I said... Live and learn! The lesson here is... Know thy enemy and his/her weapon of choice.

Something for everyone to keep in mind is that although it can seem as though GvG is too fast paced it will in time become much more manage-able. When I first tried PvP long ago my head was just spinning from all the action at the start. There was absolutely no way I could carry out a strategy let alone adapt on the fly but eventually I did. It's all about practice and exposure. That said... There will always be those who are naturals and tend to lead the pack so to speak. It's a fact of life and I agree that it isn't much fun for players who might be one step behind. But that's where GvG comes in and the reason why I want to focus on Team play.

Some people will be Time; others will be Space. Both leading elements in an ensuing battle. If you can't be either one of those then be the Butterfly. It's just as important in Team play. ;)

I said this during the previous event and I think it's important to say it here too. If we can look at this event not as a "competition" but rather a puzzle we'll have a lot more fun. Kind of like a Chess game.

See you all in 3 hours!

Ah that what Ryan's BFG, but I have an idea now. Honestly I didn't consider the BFg for the event as I thought if a bit over powered for other folk to compete with. But after my HE was a pin cushion to the minions and skeletal towers that you guys didn't think were working for you. I can also see from my observation a few other tactics.

1. Run speed or mounted play is a huge advantage. I was dead in the water with a melee HE with only 110% run speed. all I could do was sit and wait for the maob to assault me.

2. Ranged weapons may actually be useful if run speed is and issue.

It'll be at least 16 loco or if need be 17. :D

P.s.

Oops @ thinking you were the seraphim, haha. Goes to show how confused I was.

Welcome back to the event Loco! Glad you reconsidered... :D

So you know Schot, Ryan was on your team with his BFG. Salvo was going back and forth from Shuriken/Shield vs. BFG, doing alittle of my own testing. The Shuriken/Shield combo did considerable less damage. But, had alot more defense. With the BFG, did alot more damage but hit less often, even with silver mod Lock on AW.

So you know Loco, the BFG Salvo was wielding didnt stand a chance. The mass SW in opposing party was just to much. I also noticed the SW on average had around +300 life compaired to Salvo. Even with buff suit Warding/BFG, duel buff suit, the Warding was getting sunk in 2-3 hits. The BFG buff suit did add alot of base damage. At level 15 Salvo was wielding a level 28 BFG.

Of course I know you know all of this already. Just giving you Salvo's perspective from last nights event.

I wont be in the event tonight. Need to reconfigure my thoughts on this event. Even if I wanted to attend. I wouldnt have enough time to establish all the gear needed for a different character.

Next weekends event will be much more balanced on this end if I can figure out a few basic PvP dynamics.

I remain, ;)

I agree with Loco about run speed/mounts. I noticed I was definitely at a disadvantage after my first death (and losing my mount). Luckily everyone else had lost their mount too :)

It's interesting to see everyone had such high buff suits going on. I only had a shield/sword combo with 5 gold runes. I think my reflective emanation was about level 14?

In regards to the process..

Although it might be a step in the wrong direction, I would be interested to see preassigned teams, with specific 'guidelines'. This would allow us to even out the teams and protect casters a bit. Perhaps; 1 tank, 1 dps, 1 ranged, 1 caster, 1 support/healer/mini-buffer. This would definitely be a pain to organise and would be very uneven in every man for himself, however it might make for more impressive/lengthy GvG.

I also had a thought that it might be interesting to start from opposite sides of the map, kill things as you advance across the map and then fight at a preassigned location. First one there gets the strategic advantage, but the other team will probably get more XP (and potentially levels).

I think what the GvG needs is a bit more cooperation. From what I saw it was basically a free for all, with each player simply attacking whoever was closest. Never the less, it was great fun and I look forward to trying it again.

Thanx for the clarification Etherian. I was all messed up on who was who that day, haha. Too many things to keep track of. ^^

Great observations guys. I didn't have a run slot yesterday but today I did and no doubt it's a must have for doing battle. I hear what you guys are saying about some more structure and whatnot. Things like preassigned teams is defintely part of the plan so as to be able to develope straegies but for the moment I think we still need to get our characters built and understood. It's the reason I didn't really make any major presentations. Not only that I really wasn't prepared this weekend. In fact I was very close to canceling this weekends run but I didn't want to cancel so close to the date. We'll have more in store for us next weekend with plenty of time to prepare.

We'll likely use a password next week by the way which I'll post about later.

Here's me, Max and Ryan making a lil sample vid of PvP. We weren't very balanced so we made do.

Enjoy!

Thanx for the clarification Etherian. I was all messed up on who was who that day, haha. Too many things to keep track of. ^^

Great observations guys. I didn't have a run slot yesterday but today I did and no doubt it's a must have for doing battle. I hear what you guys are saying about some more structure and whatnot. Things like preassigned teams is defintely part of the plan so as to be able to develope straegies but for the moment I think we still need to get our characters built and understood. It's the reason I didn't really make any major presentations. Not only that I really wasn't prepared this weekend. In fact I was very close to canceling this weekends run but I didn't want to cancel so close to the date. We'll have more in store for us next weekend with plenty of time to prepare.

We'll likely use a password next week by the way which I'll post about later.

Here's me, Max and Ryan making a lil sample vid of PvP. We weren't very balanced so we made do.

Enjoy!

Love that music in the Video, fits the situation well, with that techno bass beat. Sounds almost like a PvP heart beat... :)

I remain, :music:

EDIT: typos

Edited by Etherian

Heres a video that I took on the first day...just some basic stuff, no music and the default windows movie maker intro/end. I have another one to upload but I'll do that later tonight. This first one is me vs dreeft vs etherian, etherian kicked the bucket first then me and dreeft duked it out until dreeft took me out!

And here is the other one - me vs dreeft mano a mano:

And here is the other one - me vs dreeft mano a mano:

Edited by Dragon Brother

I believe it's from the CS mod by lazytomcat.

Ohh pvp.... Don't thinks it's for me. Just watching DB's vid had my heart leaping and my hand slaping the space bar to no affect. Well ya, it's utube I tell myself but just those few minutes of red flashes had me gasping.

Dragon Brother, where did you got those colors on your hp bar?

Well, the ithers beat me too it, but yeah, its the CiSacred mod, there's a thread here with links to the CiSacred forum thread (in german).

I believe it's from the CS mod by lazytomcat.

Ohh pvp.... Don't thinks it's for me. Just watching DB's vid had my heart leaping and my hand slaping the space bar to no affect. Well ya, it's utube I tell myself but just those few minutes of red flashes had me gasping.

Haha...yeah, it did get intense, shoulda seen the whole event, health bars zooming up and down...not a good day for someone with a heart condition...soo many pots got quaffed though its not funny.

Dragon Brother, where did you got those colors on your hp bar?

ciSacred Mod

I love this MOD it is so easy to install and remove with 1 button. And the new Rev of the Seraphim set is beautiful

Yeah, I'm about to download the latest version :)

Man, those videos make me look useless :hugs:

I dont know about that, the fights lasted pretty long, and when you took me out, I went down in a flash.

Those where dynamic fights between you two!

Reminded me of two Titans battleing for supreme rulership over their domain.

Also was very fun to watch the two fighting, there for awhile I thought I would play a referee role. As my character became totally useless.

I remain, :devil:

Fantastic vids Dragon Brother. Thanx!

Just a little heads up that we'll be playing level 15 again this weekend. If we manage to get two or more teams for this weekend we'll try a special boss scenario so that we'll not only play against teams but also a high level boss as well. The team to take out the boss will get extra points. :D

We'll be using a password future events; "dark".

With a crazy influx of lightsabers (28 in one day of shopping) I was hoping we could also do a Star Wars themed PvP coming up soon. Only weapons for use would be lightsabers, and we would have light/dark teams to allow for inqui fans. If anyone is interested in this please say so :D

Please Sign In or Sign Up