"Port not found" I know this is old but could someone please help me

I really didn't know what section this would belong but this one I found to be good place to put it

so me and brother have been playing sacred 2 happily together on open net and few days ago this message became showing up "port not found"

I had this problem once before and it just went away mystically and now it's tormenting me and my brother again

what is this?

I really didn't know what section this would belong but this one I found to be good place to put it

so me and brother have been playing sacred 2 happily together on open net and few days ago this message became showing up "port not found"

I had this problem once before and it just went away mystically and now it's tormenting me and my brother again

what is this?

Sorry for the late response

I am not a full blooded IT guy, so bare with me while I try to help. the port is a address, or thread so to speak of your internet connection. Sacred uses a port to route the signals coming in and out of your connection to the game.

Port not found can happen a couple of ways, anti-virus or firewalls can block the port for security reasons. your modem or router may need reset.

if nothing has changed I would suggest both of you reset your modems or routers as see if that helps. if you have installed new software or changed internet setting, or anything like that. you may need to check your firewall setting to make sure the port is open.

some routers or wireless gateways have internal port forwarding that can be enabled to keep a port reserved and open for a dedicated application.

So anyway, try restarting your modem and then your computer and see if it clears itself. since you are trying open net both ends of the connection need to be open, so it could be either one or both of you that needs to reset.

Somebody help me here if I have some of my info messed up.

thanks