Question on Unique Mounts

I recently started a High Elf and have just reached the point of picking up my unique mount; however, I'm having a dilemma about the regen times it is giving me. When I look at the mounts in the shop (specifically the arrant pyromancer mount) it shows the mount at my level with ~+30% regen to all combat arts and the standard ~-33% to arrant pyromancer. So I understand this is the typical values players see for mounts of their class type and it is what I received on my first character, a SW. The problem I'm having with the High Elf; however, is when I actually purchase the mount with the above stated values they change. When I check my inventory I can see that the mount now adds ~+50% regen to all combat arts and still gives the -33% to arrant pyromancer. Buffs do not seem to affect this number in anyway and I'm unclear as to exactly what is going on with the mount. I'm hoping someone with some knowledge can tell me either what I'm doing wrong or if this is a known issue. Thanks in advance.

Welcome to Dark Matters Myzari.

What your seeing is typical. And as you level while mounted the mount will "level" with you effectively making the regen penalty even worse. It's a major drawback to being able to move faster and still keep your buffs on while mounted.

Some have taken the Riding skill. It lowers the regen penalty and at mastery increases the speed of your mount.

What your seeing is typical. And as you level while mounted the mount will "level" with you effectively making the regen penalty even worse. It's a major drawback to being able to move faster and still keep your buffs on while mounted.

Some have taken the Riding skill. It lowers the regen penalty and at mastery increases the speed of your mount.

Thanks for the quick response. So just to clarify +50% regen to all is typical for a High elf but not for a SW? I guess I just expected my arrant pyromancer to drop my c/d's just a bit like my malevolent mount did, not increase them. I am mainly having a hard time swallowing the fact that I buy one item and seem to receive a totally different one in terms of stats. This does not seem right to me. I have not ruled out taking riding yet, but I also want to know as much as I can to make an informed decision.

Thanks you for the welcome, I've been reading the forums/guides for about a month on here and the community here is second to none. I have really appreciated all the great info here.

Edited by Myzari

Thanks for the quick response. So just to clarify +50% regen to all is typical for a High elf but not for a SW? I guess I just expected my arrant pyromancer to drop my c/d's just a bit like my malevolent mount did, not increase them.

I never really compared each class, it may depend on at what level you purchase the mount or at what level you go back to look at the numbers.

I have done a trick where I level some on foot. then play mounted. as the mount only levels when you fight mounted you can lower those regen penalties that way. Or after playing mounted for a time I sell the unique mount that is high level and buy a new one that is lower level (lower regen penalty).

Either way, it is not something you are doing wrong. Everybody has the same problem.

Edit: BTW your Avatar skull is scaring the crap out of me! I love it! :blush:

Thanks for the quick response. So just to clarify +50% regen to all is typical for a High elf but not for a SW? I guess I just expected my arrant pyromancer to drop my c/d's just a bit like my malevolent mount did, not increase them.

I never really compared each class, it may depend on at what level you purchase the mount or at what level you go back to look at the numbers.

I have done a trick where I level some on foot. then play mounted. as the mount only levels when you fight mounted you can lower those regen penalties that way. Or after playing mounted for a time I sell the unique mount that is high level and buy a new one that is lower level (lower regen penalty).

Either way, it is not something you are doing wrong. Everybody has the same problem.

Edit: BTW your Avatar skull is scaring the crap out of me! I love it! :blush:

Glad you like the avatar, I'll work on getting my sig up soon. It is equally impressive imo.

Anyway back to topic since you caught me on an edit. The leveling on foot doesn't seem to be a bad idea since my primary concern is with the regen time. Are there any other negative effects I should be worrying about?

If you get the chance please reread my second post on this topic. I tried to clarify a little bit on what my issue is. I hate beating on dead horses, but the more info I can get the better I will understand what is going on.

Edited by Myzari

I understand your concern as I have had the same in the past, as well, and I think there have been 2 or 3 discussion threads on the subject in the past.

And I too would like to see a regen benefit from the mount. However, I look at it this way when planning a build. Is it going to be a Mounted Char or not. If I plan to play as a mounted char, As I do with a Dryad Blowpipe hunter, High Elf. I plan my regens and skills for that purpose. If it is only a mode of transport, then I care a little less about the regen.

As a caster the HE is actually very good mounted. As for Regens, Grand Invigoration can give such huge Regen benefits to either Ice or Fire Aspects that I usually don't have regen concerns with that Class.

There is more to learn about this game and its dynamics than you can imagine. this Site and the SacredWiki are a treasure chest of info to speed the learning curve. But trial and error is also a great teacher. Man I knew what I know now 2000 playtime hours ago.....

Thanks for your time and knowledge loco. It saddens me that this is "how it works" but such is apparently the case. I'll just have to do my character planning accordingly which shouldn't be to much of a problem, it's just a hiccup I wasn't originally planning on dealing with.

Wow, Loco's here and is already firing off answers! :)

Firstly, Myzari, welcome to DarkMatters!~

And, yes, the mechanism sort of lefthandish for the regen management from mounts. Choosing one that least affects your regen...yes it helps, but in a different kind of way.

However...because of the way it's set up, I sometimes wonder about using a strategy where I use skills, ca pics etc to mod my main aspect...and choose a mount for a single CA...maybe a boss killer outside of my main aspect, that would be impacted by my choice of mount.

This whole game's about regens, and the mount choice is just one of them amongst a plethora of choices.

Good luck, and have great fun with sacred 2!

:o

gogo

Personally, I actually like fighting on foot rather than from a mount, so what I sometimes do is just use my mount 'til I'm in an area close to my objective(s) and then dismount and fight on foot, of course this would slow you down a bit, but it's still an alternative (especially if you get tired of your mount's CA animations).