Breaking Down Balance.txt for a few Legendaries per monster

So I tried messing around Balance.txt but I couldn't get it so that you get at least few Legendaries per monster.

Also seems that I am getting way too many potions.

Anyone have remedy or the Balance.txt for so that I will be getting more Legendaries and less/no potions?

I already tried looking around forums but couldn't find anything.

Thanks in advance. :)

Welcome to Dark Matters, Isac! :)

There are a group of lines that are a portion of a much more complicated Drop mechanics formula

in the Balance file here:

ZRareExpectation15 = 2,
 ZRareExpectation14 = 6,
 ZRareExpectation13 = 14,
 ZRareExpectation12 = 16,
 ZRareExpectation11 = 24,
 ZRareExpectation10 = 34,
 ZRareExpectation09 = 46,
 ZRareExpectation08 = 58,
 ZRareExpectation07 = 72,
 ZRareExpectation06 = 88,
 ZRareExpectation05 = 106,
 ZRareExpectation04 = 124,
 ZRareExpectation03 = 144,
 ZRareExpectation02 = 166,
 ZRareExpectation01 = 456,
 ZRareExpectation00 = 1000,
 ZRareBasepoints15 = 1350,
 ZRareBasepoints14 = 1320,
 ZRareBasepoints13 = 1290,
 ZRareBasepoints12 = 1260,
 ZRareBasepoints11 = 1230,
 ZRareBasepoints10 = 1200,
 ZRareBasepoints09 = 1175,
 ZRareBasepoints08 = 1150,
 ZRareBasepoints07 = 1125,
 ZRareBasepoints06 = 1100,
 ZRareBasepoints05 = 1080,
 ZRareBasepoints04 = 1060,
 ZRareBasepoints03 = 1040,
 ZRareBasepoints02 = 1020,
 ZRareBasepoints01 = 1000,
 ZRareBasepoints00 = 750,

the legendaries are in the 15 category

Uniques in the 13-14 area

All other drops fit into 00 - 12 with 12 being the best Rare items and 00 being junk

by manipulating the values you should lower the 00-12 numbers and raise the 13-15 numbers

Keep in mind that this is only one part of the equation. Tier 15 items are intended to be rare and hard to find. so it may take raising those tier 15 numbers by factors very high.

The other factor I haven't figured out is the number of items that can drop from a single kill. You may still have to do a fair amount of kills on champions, bosses for a legendaries chance to hit one of those drop opportunities.

Hope this helps

Also, you have to remember that not every monster can drop legendaries. Only some such as all of the campaign bosses I think, definitely the guardians and some other monsters here and there.

ZRareExpectation15 = 32768,
 ZRareExpectation14 = 16384,
 ZRareExpectation13 = 8192,
 ZRareExpectation12 = 4096,
 ZRareExpectation11 = 2048,
 ZRareExpectation10 = 1024,
 ZRareExpectation09 = 512,
 ZRareExpectation08 = 256,
 ZRareExpectation07 = 128,
 ZRareExpectation06 = 64,
 ZRareExpectation05 = 32,
 ZRareExpectation04 = 16,
 ZRareExpectation03 = 8,
 ZRareExpectation02 = 4,
 ZRareExpectation01 = 2,
 ZRareExpectation00 = 1,

I tried making it with power of two but I still don't get any Legendaries.

Anyone have a better list?

Have a quick read here: Sacred 2 - Item Drop Mechanics. Understand there is not just one number to change. its complex and

your code is a little light on the numbers try the 10th power or higher and see what happens against bosses that can drop legendaries. How many bosses are you killing for each test run? And having tiers 0-14 have high numbers of easily dropping items is stealing a drop spot away from the legendaries. make em all 1 except tier 15. that should get you a legendary pretty soon.

(Yes, this is out of curiosity, I suppose I do it with every RPG there is. Same goes for modding, see I have a habit of insatiable modding hunger, no matter how good the mod is, I always hunger for more.)

Looks like it's working, nine Legendaries from one Gar"Colossus.

Though next none of them were maxed level items so I am bit tad dissapointed.

Does Crystal Regions boss drop maxed level items always?

>;P

Edited by Samurai190
(Yes, this is out of curiosity, I suppose I do it with every RPG there is. Same goes for modding, see I have a habit of insatiable modding hunger, no matter how good the mod is, I always hunger for more.)

Looks like it's working, nine Legendaries from one Gar"Colossus.

Though next none of them were maxed level items so I am bit tad dissapointed.

Does Crystal Regions boss drop maxed level items always?

>;P

they will drop at Monster level, or close to it. Some unique and legendary items only spawn at certain level intervals, if you're not fighting monsters close to those levels you wont see that item

• 2 weeks later...

Zrare line absolutely increase you're chance to get random legendary item,if u want to get legendary items that u want just search item u want in blueprint.txt and copy id then go to drop.txt search for that item id, n change weightedprob to 100 or 200 n save.

u can also do this trick to potions and change weightedprob to 0.

Here's what I did some time ago to help me with the accelerated tests:

1. I put all the ZRareExpectation from 00 to 14 to 0.

2. Then I put the 15 to 1000.

-> it seems the developers have given us a safety check. If 15 is solely for the legendary items, and the monster can't drop one, it will drop the next best thing - either a set or unique item, and if the dice roll for the drop is low, a rare one.

3. Set the BOSS_STANDARD = X to 2000 or 3000.

-> this forces the game to give twice/three times as many items from a boss.

--> you can put a higher value, but some time ago I did a test with 15 = 10000 and BOSS_STANDARD = 10000 and I couldn't even pick all the items that dropped in time, let alone spot the legendary items in all the stuff that kept on popping out on the ground. That also clogs up the inventory in no time.

With these values I do the accelerated tests for new characters. Valuable items keep on dropping all along, so there are no equipment problems. It is actually with these values that I first saw a Kira's Wall, Kal'Dur's Legacy, Methedrin's Scepter, and such extremely rare items.