What's your single most watched movie?

Guest gogoblender

A toss up between Tombstone, Big Trouble in Little China, and Army of Darkness. They are all on such regular rotation it is hard to know for sure.

Three great movies. I try to catch Big Trouble whenever it comes on....love it.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine would be Donnie Darko, not really sure why I love this film so much, theres just *something* about it but can't explain :)

The soundtrack is excellent to.

Has anyone seen the second one? I'm not sure if I want to see it in case its rubbish and spoils the first for me

Edited by Dobster

Cool thread and very interesting responses.

For me it have to be The Wizard of Oz. Certainly not my favorite movie, but as a kid growing up it seemed this movie was on network TV twice a year, once in the fall and again in the spring. As I grew up and had kids of my own and a VCR player, it was The Wizard of Oz that seemed to be the most viewed, like once a week. Now that I'm even older and with grandkids -- you guessed it -- they love The Wizard of Oz, now on DVD. I guessing it gotta be over hundred times already, I've watched the darned thing.

Something about those flying monkeys keeps us coming back...

Cool thread and very interesting responses.

For me it have to be The Wizard of Oz. Certainly not my favorite movie, but as a kid growing up it seemed this movie was on network TV twice a year, once in the fall and again in the spring. As I grew up and had kids of my own and a VCR player, it was The Wizard of Oz that seemed to be the most viewed, like once a week. Now that I'm even older and with grandkids -- you guessed it -- they love The Wizard of Oz, now on DVD. I guessing it gotta be over hundred times already, I've watched the darned thing.

Something about those flying monkeys keeps us coming back...

Wow, Highlander, haven't seen you in an age!

How're things?

Has anyone seen the second one? I'm not sure if I want to see it in case its rubbish and spoils the first for me

Dobster, don't watch it, just don't...

There's a reason it was made Direct to DVD

My most watched movies in this case are The Lord Of The Rings trilogy, just because, well, it's LOTR, does it need explaining?

:)

~Doom

Edited by TimOfDoom

Ah, Amadeus was such a great movie X3 Only seen it once though. I'd watch it again, for sure :3

Let's see.... Most watched is probably Hayao Miyizaki's Spirited Away, shortly followed by Princess Mononoke. Others would be...Gosh...what was that one that I kept going back to see?! D;

Anyways, others.... Advent Children (I think I like the graphics too much), LotR, Labyrinth (woo, David Bowie)... Haha, Sweeny Todd, watched that a few times. Probably some others. There's a huge one, and I just can't think of it! It's driving me crazy! DX

OH! OH! Wait...! *scrunches nose in concentration* Not Pan's...Hmm...Transformers? That might be it, actually XD;; Oh well. If I think of it, I'll edit this ;p

Haha, when I was younger I watched the Black Stallion alll the time. Don't really remember much from it, now. That and the Lion King, methinks. Good times back then.

@Viper: Ooh, Equilibrium! It was strange, but goood <3

• 3 weeks later...

Hmm... Being a big movie fan, I've watched a lot... but there are always those special movies which demand you see them again and again... so here goes

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (Johnny Depp and Benicio Del Toro are so far out hilarious in this movie...)

Blues Brothers (the good old days of John Belushi and Dan Akroyd)

Pink Floyd The Wall (no more needs to be said)

Young Guns (Keiffer Sutherland, Charlie Sheen, Emilio Estevez and Lou Diamond Philips in their prime (youth) - and one of the best modern westerns made)

Lost Boys (again Keiffer Sutherland in his prime (youth) - and a great vampire flick for youngster and the young at heart)

Lord of the Rings I-III (ehh... hopefully everyone knows these movies)

Pusher (Danish movie about drug dealing - and a deal going completely wrong.... - eventually see IMDB's rating.... great great movie and highly recommendable)

American History X (Edward Norton and Edward Furlong as American youngsters in a Nazi environment)

Dog Soldiers (best British werewolf movie ever made)

Shaun Of The Dead (still laughing while thinking about it)

Dracula 2001 (Wes Craven, Gerald Butler and Jennifer Esposito... what more do you need?)

Bram Stoker's Dracula (Gary Oldman probably doing the best Dracula ever)

Godfather (still one of the world's best movies)

and finally The Shawshank Redemption (great Stephen King adaption and also one of the world's best movies)

Heh - when I was a kid, Grease was the big hit (watched it like seven times one weekend... glad I'm a grown-up now ;-))

Mine would be Donnie Darko, not really sure why I love this film so much, theres just *something* about it but can't explain :)

The soundtrack is excellent to.

Don't watch it! I liked the first one and was excited to see there was a second coming... But after about 20 minutes I turned off the dvd... So - if you liked the first so much - stick to it :-)

Edited by chaosholm
  • 1 month later...
Whoooa... Did someone say films:)

Most times seen:) Maaaybe Full Metal Jacket. Close behind... Snatch, Fight Club, Reservoir Dogs, Apocalypse Now, Pulp Fiction, Natural Born Killers, The Shining, Run Lola Run, Das Boot [The boat(It's a Sub actually)], Der Untergang (The Downfall), Battleship Potemkin oooooohhhh and of course mexican films Amores Perros and Nicotine. Excellent moooovies! /thumbsup

O yes, and Star Wars, all of 'em.

I watch three or four every week, just can't get enough... I'm extremely addicted, as you can see... :(

gotta second Fight Club. Also Swingers is another Favorite Most Watched. I have seen both of these movies a million times, have the DVDs and will still stop and watch them when they are on tv.

You are so money and you don't even know it. You're like this big bear and she's this little bunny. You got these big claws and you can't kill the bunny, you are just pawing at it.

I don't want you to go up to this girl and be the PG-13 guy that everyone really hopes will get the girl. I want you to be the rated R guy that you're not really sure if you like yet or not.

You miss the pain? Yea, you miss the pain. For the same reason you missed her, you lived with it for so long.

The things you own end up owning you.

We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very piffed off.

And the list of quotes goes on and on . . .

For me nothing beats the Star Wars : Return of the Jedi lol like ive watch the damn thing on VHS like hundred times. Love the part where Hans is rescued on the desert lol its amazing the action.

Edited by nomad13
  • 1 month later...

Oh I loved Denver. But Put thats a TV show not a movie.

I know what you mean about to much watching the same things as a kid. I had him recorded on the VCR all episodes and kept watching them over and over.

Come to think of it when it comes to Transformers I learned most english words by watching them . There was a time when I could recite the hole text from Transformers Rebirth. :D

• 3 months later...

Blade Runner, you just cant go wrong with FORD in his prime & a younger Ridley Scott!

I am sure I have seen other movies more often. Cannot recall from early childhood however.

Long live the RUNNER!

I remain, Etherian

Edited by Etherian

Ahh, blade runner. That's something I've watched many many times... it falls well into this topic, seems to open up a new chapter on the story every time I click on Play. Things I loved:

• Sean Penn, gorgeous
  • Harrisson Ford, unbeatable as mister gritty
  • Rutger Hauers, One of the top ten Badd Arses of all time... right up there with the Kurgan
  • Fingers into Eyeballs scene...that one still ranks top three for me with flinch factor
  • Shades dripping downwards over the glass to screen out the sun... height of rooms... holee mollee was that an owl flying around.
  • My introduction to origami
  • Pyramid buildings climbing into the sky jetting plumes of smoke
  • Japan/LA... sharp then, still now

Yeah... I think I know what I'll be digging up tonight

Thanks Jason

:)

gogo