What's your single most watched movie?

Guest gogoblender

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahh, matrix

I have watched the exploding truck scene more than thirty times as they are picked up by a high flying neo just in the nick of time

Perfect scene.

:)

gogo

How did I miss this thread! Been reading through all your lists, and I obviously stopped going to the cinema before most of you were born. I remember the day, after a match at Murrayfield (Edinburgh) when I noticed the prices had gone up to 50p. We didn't go in, and I have never been since - miserable old skinflint.

So my most watched film remains King Kong, the early 30's version which was much better than any of the later more pretentious one. I think I keep going back to it because I have not yet decided whether Faye Wray has any clothes on when she comes up out of the lake after diving off Kong's ledge.

Of course if you include TV films and videos .... still the same ... we have it on DVD now .....

Edited by Bondbug
  • 3 weeks later...

Obviously no movie from the 80ties, 90ties, 00ties can be it. I never watch a movie more than one time a year if I can choose. So it has to be an old one. I think there is only movie which I watched more than 30 times, more or less with or without being forced.

The Bridge

Die Brücke

First it was 2 times a year at school, then 2 times a year at army and now my daughters are old enough to write essays about it for school and it runs on DVD on our only TV. It is a bitter, sad , hard but really good movie, no question. But once I know every dialog I normally stop watching a movie.

Second world war stopped 8th of may so at saturday 'Die Brücke' was on 11 channels if I counted right.

don't know which one I watched most, but it's gonna be a close call between these

- The shawshank redemption (my favourite movie ever btw)

- Scarface (say 'ello to my little friend)

- Alien series (exept alien vs predator, I don't like that one)

- Trainspotting (good movie, but mainly because I saw it 5x on school-related things). Watched it a few times besides that.

and tonns of good movies, but the most watched should be in this list. never counted, so not sure which one.

Think Alien series though, because they play em on TV here each year.

• 1 month later...
don't know which one I watched most, but it's gonna be a close call between these

- The shawshank redemption (my favourite movie ever btw)

This is also one that I have watched numerous times, and a top favorite of mine. The movie I've watched the most would be;

"All Quiet On The Western Front".

My father was a WWII veteran, I got to see a lot of War movies growing up.

• 2 weeks later...

Mine would definitely have been Beat Street which came out in the early 80's as I was fully into the breakdancing era. Now I realise how horrible the clothing was back then and how much of an idiot I looked like hahaha

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086946/

Full Movie here: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=9216094888669478564#

My current fave movie to watch is any of Jackie Chans Police Story movies. The man is a nutter doing his own crazy stunts.

New Police Story (full movie) here: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6048424984942516392#

• 7 months later...

My Favourite movie and the one I have seen the most, is The Shawshank Redemption, with Tim Robbins and Morgan Freeman. I first saw it in 2000, when my sister had to watch it for school. and I thought it is simply brilliant and damn inspiring (how Andy kept going and kept his head high) then in 2006 it was my turn to watch it for school, I knew the movie of by heart, and my classmates would come to me to quote certain scenes. still watch it regularly. :)

The Sound of Music.

Yep I know, how geeky is that. :crazy:

But I love the story (anything with WWII and nazis gets my interest)and I always shed a tear listening to Captain von Trapp sing Edelweiss and its the only musical that I never seem to get tied of hearing the songs.

That is the movie I have watched over a dozen times and will always watch when it's screened on tv.