Is there any way to make so that all monsters that spawn are Champions or Bosses?

Is there any way to make so that all monsters that spawn are champions?

Also is it possible to make so that all monster are some bosses?

BONUS

What is the limit of Monster_density?

I tried 50000, went well but it was barely different from 2000.

Also tried 2147483648 but then no monsters spawned. :D

You can sort through the creatures.txt and set monstertype = 2; for every monster that has "champion" in the name.

groupmaxcount = 0,

probabilityforelite = 0.000000,

rank = 0,

Those three interest me quite much.

Is elite=champion?

How does groupmaxcount operate? Anyone know it's max threshold?

Rank is also very interesting.

2 actually makes all monsters bosses.

1 then should make all champions.

0 Normal

Yes. I read your title wrong, thought you wanted all champions to appear as bosses, hence my answer above. Well you sorted it out. I did not play around with the groupmaxcounts and such and Rank seems to have little to no effect.

Edited by czevak

So far what I have discovered about groupmax that with value of 100, max of groups seems to be around 20-30.

Monsters are also less spread, moving in 1-20-30 groups.

Going to test other values too.

Edited by Samurai190
  • 2 weeks later...

yes I finally and succesfully edited the creature.txt file..changing champion mobs to bosses..I can figth 5 booses at a time.its not a quest boss, its only a champion mods becomes boss.hehe.I only change the dangerclass and mostertype,

boos3.jpg

boss2.jpg

Edited by iandave68
The boss problem still insists, anyone know how to turn all monsters into random/certain bosses or possible Mini-Bosses?

From what I gather you have to do it manually on all "Spawn.txt" places...

What I did was COPY all the Goblins (their number for Elite) and paste them over the existing Goblins and the game Spawns 1 of each (most the time)...

I also added Max Spawn to 95 and there is alot of monsters here and there...

Example : Cobold

ORIGINAL :

mgr.addSpawn (7,42,-2,{ -- Cobold Wolfrider Ranged Elite Orc Backgroundspawn

total_density = 95,

layermap_id = 2,

{547,6,"",0,0,0,0},

{642,2,"",0,0,0,0},

{149,6,"",0,0,1,0},

{52,1,"",0,0,1,0},

{144,3,"",0,0,2,0},

{305,1,"",0,0,3,0},

{146,8,"",0,0,2,0},

{306,6,"",0,0,3,0},

{1009,4,"",0,0,0,0},

{1011,3,"",0,0,4,0},

{1009,4,"",0,0,4,0},

EDITED :

mgr.addSpawn (7,42,-2,{ -- Cobold Wolfrider Ranged Elite Orc Backgroundspawn

total_density = 95,

layermap_id = 2,

{52,1,"",0,0,0,0},

{53,2,"",0,0,0,0},

{54,2,"",0,0,0,0},

{144,3,"",0,0,0,0},

{146,7,"",0,0,0,0},

{147,3,"",0,0,0,0},

{148,1,"",0,0,0,0},

{149,6,"",0,0,0,0},

{305,1,"",0,0,0,0},

{306,6,"",0,0,0,0},

{401,3,"",0,0,0,0},

{493,1,"",0,0,0,0},

{494,1,"",0,0,0,0},

{547,6,"",0,0,0,0},

{642,2,"",0,0,0,0},

{1009,4,"",0,0,0,0},

{1011,3,"",0,0,0,0},

{1012,1,"",0,0,0,0},

{1013,3,"",0,0,0,0},

What this means is, IF you change the monsters that are to spawn in those places and replace them with the ones you want then you will get those monsters there... Alot of work but dang fun after the editing... I got 100% satisfaction from editing the "spawn.txt" file... :)...

IF you take the same number a few times lets say 3 Monster {547,6,"",0,0,0,0}, then you have to write like :

{547,6,"",0,0,1,0},

{547,6,"",0,0,2,0},

{547,6,"",0,0,3,0},

then the game should spawn 3 of the same monsters in the area...

So technically if you wanted 3 bosses then you would write in the Bosses spawn number... I have tried to place the monsters in a text file separating them all...

From what I gather wimpy monsters have their own spawn number tags ex:({547,6,"",0,0,0,0}) while Elite monsters have a totally other tag ex:({1547,6,"",0,0,0,0})...

Hope this helps some...

I'm currently making a version of creature.txt that has all bosses instead of champions, but Notepad is taking it's time sorting through 2Mb+ of data to change all required things... it's eating away a full core now for more than 5 minutes already...

Edit: After about 10 minutes I was done with changing champions to bosses.

Edit2: I tried it out and found out that a level 2 boss brigand HE has 1300+ hp! while the normal version has something like 70 hp... He did drop good stuff though, got a yellow 2 silver socket shield from him.

I also made my dryad a champion, wich didn't do squat. so I'm now going to make all normal enemies champions :)

Edited by Arperum

I like this topic :)

I would like to play a game with those setup too but I can,t manage to edit that file

Can someone upload that Spawn.txt edited that all mobs be champions or bosses ? I,m playing Ice & Blood Expansion...

Regards, Infinity !

So, for those hard-of-thinking, editing the Spawn.txt file & changing the "total_density" will increase the amount of monsters spawned (man that's a lot of rows!) & changing the "rank = " line from 0 to 1 would make a normal monster a champion in the Creatures.txt file (and changing it to 2 would give a boss)?

Edit: 'Cause I replaced all of the rank = 0 with rank= 1 & none of the monsters changed to champions...

Edit #2: Ooops, I guess I should ahve changed "monstertype = 0" to 1...

:D

I used Notepad to replace

monstertype = 0 to monstertype = 1

and is working..all the mobs are Champions... even the people in towns are Champions(they got that golden glowing look)

what I want to do next are 2 things :

1) Increase the density of mobs... maybe double it...

if I use the same function as monstertype ... to replace all total_density = XX, to total_density = XX, or so....

starting like this :

Replace total_density = 95, with total_density = 190,

Replace total_density = 90, with total_density = 180,

Replace total_density = 85, with total_density = 170,

Replace total_density = 5, with total_density = 10,

hope it will work to increase the monster's numbers by 2.... don't know if there is a "cap" to the number you can put to total density... I think it doesn't work hight than 100 ...

the questions are :

Are there somehow the bosses ? I don't wanna run into 3-4 Carnach or 3-4 Grifins ... or to change the number of peaople in towns... go thene and are like 3-4 shopers, 3-4 blacksmiths..etc...

2) Increase the Bosses Strenght .. make them harder... more life.. more damage...etc.....

I plan to creating a little mod for multyplayer co-op challange ... lots of strong mobs on your way to the mighty boss that pwns... (of course the drop from such a beast are high... to make it worth the risks)...

anyone have some ideas to increase the bosses power without editing the scrips for each and one of them individualy ?

LAST EDIT : it seems that the initial highest density is 50 at some monsters... I will try to set it with doubled numbers andd see what I can get....

Edited by infinity_at_end

If you could get a list of all of the different monster densities that would be great (then we'd have a list of what would need to be replaced for simple "double/triple/etc" mods).

As far as making the bosses harder, they should have a creature ID (can't remember which file off the top of my head) which you could poke around in & you can change their CAs in the Spells.txt file.

If you could get a list of all of the different monster densities that would be great (then we'd have a list of what would need to be replaced for simple "double/triple/etc" mods).

As far as making the bosses harder, they should have a creature ID (can't remember which file off the top of my head) which you could poke around in & you can change their CAs in the Spells.txt file.

about the monster densities : I set all their total densities at 50 and I get like 30-50% more mobs than usual (depends on their type and region) .. if you set to 95 you will get at last double the number of mobs.. is quite sweet... but it maces quite a lag in cavern regions since they will be CRAWLING with mobs ;)

Regarding the Big Bosses.. I,m not interested in their abilities and skills... I wanna change their life,armor,damage,movespeed and attackspeed ....

also I wanna do something too ..

is there possible to edit the Balance.txt file that : all the normal and champ will onli drop items that are not included in Sets,Unique or Legendary ... these can only be droped by the Big Bosses .... ?

I think you'd probably need to alter the Dangerclass line on individual monsters since IIRC only dangerclass 10 monsters can drop Legendaries?

I can play with the chance of droping items in the Balance.txt ...give the BOSS units to drop more drops ... unualy crap(at most yellow) and there can be the change of droping a piece of Set,Unique or Legendary ...the other mobs have a chance too but their item drop is low :)

an example of what I,m trying ..

NORMAL_STANDARD = 50,

NORMAL_RUNE = 10,

CHAMP_STANDARD = 200,

CHAMP_RUNE = 100,

BOSS_STANDARD = 2000, // quite big I know ...but will compensate the effort by killing a boss 10 times stronger than in normal game :D I want it to be a challange...

BOSS_RUNE = 500,

Question :

How that Dangerclass variable affect a mob ? life ? dmg ? drop ? experience ? .....

Can someone explain to me what is affecting the numbers :

MP_experience = {750,1150,1325,1550,1825},

I know the first one is the experience... 1000 means you get 100% experience from mobs... 3500 meanst you get 350% experience ..etc.... I,m planing to let it be at 75% experience ... but edit the big bosses to give a lot more experience than usual... maybe they give more experience based on their level,health ..etc... I dunno....