A Guide To The Little Melee Bosskilling Dryad - Duel Wield Dryad In Action

Man, the amount of damage and LL% you can do with this build is insane!

Like ryan said : Sweeeeeeeeet:)

Max

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bravo Dmitry! Once again someone pulls out a build that make us all do an about face. So...who doesn't want a pair of those weps now huh ^^ lol I know I'm hunting for a set ^^ This is going to be one of the toughest builds to pull off in HC... will anyone even admit to having those Kal'durs safely locked away and hoarded? :4rofl:

Dmitry, I've sent you a pm regarding how we can reconcile this guide with your videos on the other topic so that you can get all the fan clamor, cheers, yays, videos and builds all nicely packaged up together for you.

Cheers!

:drool:

gogo

Alrigty... with some careful weaving and editing, Dmitry, I was able to bend back a bit of time and get your guide from your second thread woven into your video one. We've got it titling now with the guide, and the videos all running through after.

You should be able to edit the first post in this topic as you are author... this way you can work with final touches for your opening post.

This is one of the most dramatic builds yet for Sacred 2. I have so many questions, I will have to return back soon later... but this one if you can... can you post a pic of the head that your dryad is using when in action against the Guardians?

Again, thank you for putting so much time into the build, the guide, presentation and videos. I'm always running behind the clock, but as soon as possible we'll up your build into Sacredwiki.

Cheers!

:biggrin:

gogo

Again, coming in far behind on this insane build. *Lost in Ancaria*

Dmitry, simply incredible.

Alot of time into all of this work...Thank You... :biggrin:

I remain, Etherian

lol... I can't read it :paladin:

Is there a leech on it? That's what I wanted to find out...if there was head that you were using to help with the percentage..

Would you be able to say why you chose that head for this build?

:agreed:

gogo

No shrunken heads have LL%, you doesn't need to be able to read it as he have written just beside the picture what it contains.

ah, ty I missed that! So why this choice of head... for Dblow? I will admit that was the primary reason I would socket a head for... if I could find that as good stat as well.

:paladin:

gogo

Death Blow & Voodoo Lore perhaps? not sure if VL boost the pet up or not.

Another great head would be a RPH & Death Blow one, those 2 on one head would have been grand!

Well, I chose this head because of Deathblow, right (I don't have VL in my build). Maybe I should level up my headhunter dryad a bit and try to find a better one. With deathblow and Voodoo Focus to boost pet's level.

PS. Wiki says that Vodoo Lore affects Malice bronze mod on MA buff.

Edited by ololcat

Hey there ololcat, was curious as to why Darting Assault was not used in the build? You could use that for mobs and then mod Ravaged Impact specifically for bosses, or is it bugged? Thanks

I just hadn't enough mod points to mod it for rotate (without this modification DA is useless with melee), and I was not feeling like testing to mod it first :bounce: Also, Area of Effect, caused by Blast mod on RI is bit larger than you can get from DA (when you're using DA, you should be surrounded by mobs to hit them all). Plus RI, when used with DW, strikes twice, doubling your chance for Area of Effect attack. And, as I mentioned in guide, RI's execution speed "jumps": I really don't know what it depends on (when I put points into DW, it goes up, then I equip new weapons (without attack speed penalty), it goes down). So it is faster to take down bosses just holding down left mouse button rather than spamming RI :eek:

Edited by ololcat

Dryad is at level 39 now, and I'm loving her. I ended up modding DA for rotate and it sucked buckets with the melee weapons. Then an idea hit me...what if we turned this baby into a staff dryad as well? So I dropped NW Lore in favor of Magic Staffs, and now I'm taking advantage of both the single target kill speed of your build, and the massive mob destruction of the staff dryad :)

I would drop Voodoo Focus instead of NW Lore to take staffs.

I took CV Focus only to get a pet that would help me out with normal mobs. So, when you can kill almost everything in 2 screens away, pet becomes useless. NW focus also improves Int bonus from Acute Mind and I think that you would like to boost your staff's damage :)

PS. Combo of staff and Zepetl's Short Sword, socketed for disregard armor, works really great :)

Edited by ololcat
I would drop Voodoo Focus instead of NW Lore to take staffs.

I took CV Focus only to get a pet that would help me out with normal mobs. So, when you can kill almost everything in 2 screens away, pet becomes useless. NW focus also improves Int bonus from Acute Mind and I think that you would like to boost your staff's damage :)

PS. Combo of staff and Zepetl's Short Sword, socketed for disregard armor, works really great :)

Thanks for the tips once again! I'm a huge sucker for pets/summons, so looks like he's gonna stay :yay: Also, masteries at 75 will be Tactics, Concentration, and Armor Lore. Decided that I can get enough HP regen without mastering Constitution early on, using GGT and Ancient Bark.

• 3 months later...

Dmitry, what's this build like in the swamps against spiders/werewolves/olms. I was looking at the setup... With my ranged dryad I am usually able to go in the swamp with zero anti dot even with a full servers in hc and manage to maintain high kill rate. Only reason this happens is because she's ranged and her pipe is so deadly.

I'm looking at trying out a leech build with either seraphim or dryad...but I'm worried how this build would hold out against ranged spiders attacks in the swamp combined with their dots. Did you maybe have other favorite leveling spots...or does this build hold up anyway to spider attacks?

:P

gogo

Well, I've got her at level 195 right now. Lv. 205 spiders' DoT does two ticks: 3500 (5000 for champions) dmg - the first and 1000 (1500) dmg the second. But she has 41k hitpoints and over 2.7k HP regen, so they are not a big deal. They're not until you run into a big crowd of them. In that case I have my Goldenglade Touch combat-ready, which provides additional 8k of regen. And don't forget Detheya and Kallies, combined with double-striking Area of Effect Ravaged Impact not only destroy mobs all around, but also completely heal ya. (My equipment is quite outdated though.)

Werewolves are not a formidable enemies, since her high CC reflect rating *almost* completely protects her. And oh yeah, her ghosty minion is always happy to slice-slice.

Swamps are not my favorite grinding place since mobs there have really high poison resistance and my RI is modded for poison damage. I prefer leveling in Cursed Forest, on the field with crazy numbers of Constructs roaming around. The game crashes pretty frequently there though.

:P

Edited by ololcat