A Guide To The Little Melee Bosskilling Dryad - Duel Wield Dryad In Action

ah, I see...the Spell Resistance is heavily influencing reduction in number of ticks, so that can help.

I like your say on the constructs...one of my favorite leveling spots too.

:)

gogo

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was there ever a download for this build? Or does anyone have a build like this lying around... something with great dual wield leech going that we can add to the builds section at a download?

gogo

hmmm, well I haven't seen him here for a bit, I'll check out the Russin forum for him to see if he's still active, or send a pm/message to see if he still has his build here as file

gogo

• 1 month later...

hmmm, well I haven't seen him here for a bit, I'll check out the Russin forum for him to see if he's still active, or send a pm/message to see if he still has his build here as file

gogo

I'm alive actually :D

Was kinda busy, sorry guys.

As of character download, don't worry, I'll upload it as soon as I finish a 200+ Detheya set (only one item left).

Yee haw, olol cat is back!

lol, I think that download of your buid is gonna be hot! I know we were trying to get downloads in place in time, but we just missed you. Glad you're here again on the boards

gogo

• 7 months later...

I'm using your build, currently level 60 Dryad on console, and I'm just wondering how important Moribund Animus is.. I'm thinking of getting bargaining as my last skill instead of the lore/focus that makes Moribund stronger. I'm approaching 65 so I'd like to know asap if possible, thanks.

I took Voodoo Focus and started using this buff just because there was a "free" skill choice. The summon isn't very useful to this dryad (even if she doesn't use dual Kal'Durs) because %LL kills bosses way too fast for the ghostly pet to do anything; common mobs/champions are going down in one-two Ravaged Impacts thanks to it's "Disregard Armor" mod. This buff might be more useful for ranged or magic-based dryads to provide some support.

Edited by ololcat

I took Voodoo Focus and started using this buff just because there was a "free" skill choice. The summon isn't very useful to this dryad (even if she doesn't use dual Kal'Durs) because %LL kills bosses way too fast for the ghostly pet to do anything; common mobs/champions are going down in one-two Ravaged Impacts thanks to it's "Disregard Armor" mod. This buff might be more useful for ranged or magic-based dryads to provide some support.

Thank for the reply, but on consoles LL% doesn't do damage, so I can't really rely on that later on. Do you think I should get the buff or get Bargaining to find better items? Or I was even thinking of going Pole Arm this late into the build just because the LL% doesn't do the intended damage... I hate how the console version is so bugged :(

Well, then both choices are fine (I think): strong pet will aid you in fights, while bargain will help you to get deathblow/disregard armor/all skills items. The only downside in choosing Bargain as your final skill, that I see, is that it needs a lot of skill points and +bargain/+all skills gear to be really useful.

Well, then both choices are fine (I think): strong pet will aid you in fights, while bargain will help you to get deathblow/disregard armor/all skills items. The only downside in choosing Bargain as your final skill, that I see, is that it needs a lot of skill points and +bargain/+all skills gear to be really useful.

Alright thanks, I'll see when I get to 65. I have one last general question... Do you think your build would be viable/good to use and would be considered amongst the top tier IF the LL% damage didn't apply? From the damage I'm seeing.. From 1-50 I felt beast in silver, hitting 2200 x2 per RI. But even as I got new weapons and levels, at 61, I'm still hitting like 2500s.. I feel as if the growth has just halted, making me lose motivation since the LL% damage I was looking forward to in platinum/niob won't even be there..

I think it will be. You'll just have to focus on boosting your damage with other mods such as ignore armor, crit chance, deathblow, damage +%, flat x-x damage. You'll also want to find a weapon (weapons, if you're playing dual wield) with high base damage. It's good idea to use regeneration time -% and chance to halve regeneration +% to allow more runes into RI.

Edited by ololcat

Playing weaponless dryads starting a boss fight with disease speeded up the kill speed. With the x% life leech attacks from detheya you quickly reached the trigger point when the enemy was damaged enough to cause biggest disease damage, which is robbing a percentual amount from life too per tick.

Also disease gives a chance for a nice shrunken head. Anyone knowing if disease would fit into this build, given that it already has voodoo focus?

Seeing it's the console-version, Disease could become nice addition to build. As %-LL is borked, yet Disease isn't nerfed down...

Should do some testing for PC purposes, as I have one caster-orientated Dryad near the end of Silver. Though she leans more to NW-aspect...