Podgie the Bearbarian

My favourite space opera of all times: Perry Rhodan

I am too lazy to visit the libray myself, and so I am now 100+ booklets behind reading the epic Perry Rhodan series. I stopped reading the Thoregon cycle which was booklet 1800-2199.

Oh man.. I used to read Perry Rhodan as translated by Wendy Ackerman a couple of decades ago. Is that even still in print? I really liked that series - the mutant mouse-beavers were always a riot. Sadly, they only translated about the first 150 odd chapters.

• 2 weeks later...
im new and confused about what eating a rune is? im level 6 and I cliekd on about 6 shadow viel runes and it doesn't level up

When you 'right click' on a rune, that is referred to as 'eating' it, but it only increases up to the maximum level allowed by your character build. Bearing in mind your character level and the skill governing the CA you 'ate'. For example Shadow Veil is governed by the Astral Lord skill.

Hello Mr. Bear.

It is with great reluctance that I read your wonderfull and well worded SW build (Didyouthinkhesawus)

Regret, because I only found it two days after starting my own.

Then JOY!

I read on and see that SF has time to develope. (currently lev36 with 1 rune in SF)!

So no real panic there.

BIG concern is my continued self impossed forcing every single point gained into Dex.

I refuse to admitt that these points could be used in many other benificail ways.

You see I played one game before (aso a SW, but very broke in skill list, and just used 4x spectors, no buffs) light campaign 98%. stopped at lev36 with him.

I spoke to a new friend on xbox after clicking PvP by misatke and getting killed in 1 shot! 10k dam (only had 1,800HP)

He asked what I wanted to play Cha wise..

I mentioned my sinlg cha past, and wanted to play with spectors, (I get very lonely)

..yet I wanted to be range attack. ( I like to be a leader, not a grunt)

So in order to move the drinks cabinet 2ft further across the map, he helped me build a SW that could give me what I wanted.

Range (he can run GR & RE or "dissapear entirly and call forth the spectral grunts" Option to play varied difficulty or go for an easy but slow advance. Both stlyes utilise AG & SF in combination, and party buffs added due to my SW needing be able for solo or co-op play.

Spector (I like having "friends, or should that be fiends")!

Niaob possibilities. ( I would like to run through to lev200, by which time I will hav a deeper understanding of the game. Well a little more knowledge than the xbox"mannual" gives.

I am very happy with him, but would love your feedback, as well as that of other seasoned Sacred2 gamers.

Full details are in the post (should be able to locate through my name I think)?

Thankyou for your time and friendly approach to a very varied and individual build class.

I must say that it looks interesting. I admit that I never needed GR or RE since nothing could see me to hit me and my SF takes down anything very quickly.

The only thing to really worry about is using your little friends (or fiends), because enemies will attack them and if they use an Area of Effect style attack it will damage you as well, which can kill you quick! My first attempts at this build included Nether Allegiance and I took huge amounts of damage from Area of Effect spells, etc even when I was invisible, because it was aimed at my skellies and since they tend to stay within a certain distance of you, you get hit as well as them. So in my later versions of this build, I retired any 'pets' or companions. The same applies in multiplayer, if they shoot at your partner, it can affect you even if they do not know you are there.

If you are using Nether allegiance, I would advise modding it ;

Sharp Blades - 40% increase in damage

Spectral Shield - Enhanced defence for your skeletons

Elite Equipment - Enhanced defence for your skeletons

I know that you only get 2 skeletons instead of 4, but they are better at what they do. Also with 4 they can get in each others way and be less effective than the 2 can be.

However, play the build to suit your style and enjoy yourself. NEVER use a build a certain way because someone else does, play it your way for YOUR enjoyment. :chef:

Edited by podgie_bear

Thank you for the prompt reply.

Yes I had read up on area effect and very aware of it when fighting the dragon boss.

Nearly had me ( I was lev34, boss at lev 38 I believe at the time) I spammed health potions on more than one occasion due to low dam of Spectors at the time.

Yes this build has only 2 specs with mods you mentioned. (Looking for figures in another post)

Reason for the double buff was so I could play as SW was intended....in hard like tank.

With the dragon, I had to use SV with NA, and risk the 15% chance of spell giving my postion away. ( I had only around 19 points in Astral Lord Force then.

Since then I am 100% invisable now, but even a general likes to cisit the front lines.

The Dex with Tactics stat gives nice bonus crit and dam bonus, with the added armour form dex he can hold his own in silver atm. The Double buff is to help quicker damage and safeguard those little surprises. IF it get too hot I just Disapear.

Your right..play it as I want. I intend too to the full, but NOT without listening to all comments and advice from the serious gamer. After all this Cha (SW) and me will be spending many many hours together.

I have left one skill tree open and will deside on it at lev 65 when I am more proficiante with the game and mecahnics. ( I will know CHA shortfalls by then I hope.

When I get to Lev 50 I might run a post, so others can see my experiences...the ups and downs.

What ever happens, I will do my best to take him to lev 200 no matter if I die. ( I lose survial bonus, but makes it more of a challenge, and maybe will need to go invisable with SF to keep progressing. I hope not, because that will become boring. I like to choose when and if I attack or hide, based on how I feel at the time, oh and of course, the bosses!

• 2 months later...

Hello,

I am following Podgie the Bearbarian guide. I am level 74 (Platinum, single):

Astral Lord Lore (74)

Astral Lord Focus (74)

Concentration (1)

Ancient Magic (1)

Blacksmith (74)

Enhanced Perception (some points)

Armor Lore (some points, about 20)

I am using only Spectral Hand, Skeletal Fortification and

Shadow Veil. To gather mobs I can turn on Nether Allegiance. All points are going to Stamina.

I have 3 free slots for skills and I am not sure what to take:

1. Malevolent Ch. or Death W. Focus? Or both?

To support Spectral Hand: Rousing Command or Augment Guidon + Killing Spree? Or all of them?

2. Riding, Speed Lore (support Spectral Hand with +% attack) or Alchemy?

3. Damage Lore, Combat Discipline (Does Combat Discipline raise damage of Skeletal Fort?)

And last question:

Should I raise Blacksmith above 75 points? Or Master it, leave it and raise with + all skills?

Thank u for reply,

have a nice day.

Really, with the way podigie went about the guide, so long as you max out Shadow Veil, you can do eff all anything and still be fine, even when you make a mistake. :P But I would personally choose DW focus over the MC focus myself, though nothing wrong with having MC focus. After that, I don't think you'd even need Alchemy with what you got, and I can't say much about Blacksmith seeing as I don't play the PC version (thus can't use it), so literally everything else you listed looks fine to me.

Hello,

I am following Podgie the Bearbarian guide. I am level 74 (Platinum, single):

Astral Lord Lore (74)

Astral Lord Focus (74)

Concentration (1)

Ancient Magic (1)

Blacksmith (74)

Enhanced Perception (some points)

Armor Lore (some points, about 20)

I am using only Spectral Hand, Skeletal Fortification and

Shadow Veil. To gather mobs I can turn on Nether Allegiance. All points are going to Stamina.

I have 3 free slots for skills and I am not sure what to take:

1. Malevolent Ch. or Death W. Focus? Or both?

To support Spectral Hand: Rousing Command or Augment Guidon + Killing Spree? Or all of them?

2. Riding, Speed Lore (support Spectral Hand with +% attack) or Alchemy?

3. Damage Lore, Combat Discipline (Does Combat Discipline raise damage of Skeletal Fort?)

And last question:

Should I raise Blacksmith above 75 points? Or Master it, leave it and raise with + all skills?

Thank u for reply,

have a nice day.

Speed Lore won't affect spectral hands speed - the modifiers are in the wiki somewhere.

Leave Blacksmith at 75 - you can raise it alot with relics and at high levels you can get alot of Plus skills items. Also at higher levels ( starting from 100?) you get 5 points free when you level up.

I'd take combat discipline (extra damge, regen bonus) and either DW Focus or Malev' champion.

Nice :) your lvling fast, I find this build to be a slow starter (I'm level 14 with 7hrs playtime) or it could just be me :)

And level 94 skelly fort :) regen still +- 10 sec ?

Cheers,

Tim

My advice for you now and further mode tower first the skelly dont need dmg output.Enter bronze make the quest from first city(armour ,shield stuff,troll chiftan,rune master,mary from dome and parts)leave at level 6 ,take the continuing quest from savin mary and speak to the mother husband,take TAX and make the quest from arena it gives you some fine xp.Go and take quest that takes u to the Boneslicer item but leave at 14 when they have you're level.Then orc teritory,swamp if u like,desert and at 30 u can go on silver I prefer the orc teritory again.I'm level 45 and have 13h and 48 min played ;)

I took my Shadow Veil to 100% (about 25 runes) as soon as possible, then never increased it again. The character is a little bit of a slopw starter, but with Astral Focus, Concentration and pumping Stamina, the regen penalty starts to come down fairly soon. Anyway, once you are 100% invisible your character is unbeatable and you can just take yout time collecting xp for the next few levels until the regen comes down, there is no rush. And it is on the higher levels (75+) that it really shines, that is when it becomes the Mass Killer!

im new and confused about what eating a rune is? im level 6 and I cliekd on about 6 shadow viel runes and it doesn't level up

Eat one rune at first and pump points in aspects I kept the number of runes below my aspect level.Don't rush with eating runes play along u won't get perma invisibility at 6 from start u will gest get a big CD.

• 4 months later...

Awesome build, really enjoying this on my new Shadow Warrior, up to 50 at the moment.

My take on it was ever so slightly different though as I didn't want to pick up skills for the sake of, or take things like Blacksmith which are bugged on the console. So I've opted to change a few things out and make decisions based on my play experience (still levelling so am pretty much making it up as I go along but liking how it's developing), here's what I've done to date (order is a bit messy in hindsight but can be reshuffled to suit):

2) Astral Lord Lore (Increased every level after getting sufficient skill points to catch it up to Focus)

3) Astral Lord Focus (Increased every level)

5) Concentration (Increase every level after getting sufficient skill points to catch it up to Focus & Lore)

8) Tactics (5pts for Dual-Wield access then stopped till later when I'll take it to mastery)

12) Combat Discipline (mastery eventually but not training at the moment)

18) Ancient Magic (Mastery eventually but only getting 1pt out of my 5 at 50 right now)

25) Armour Lore (not training at the moment)

35) Malevolent Champion Focus (idea was to get 2-3 modification points for Augmenting Guidon here)

50) Dual-Wield (only the initial 1pt to equip two weapons so far)

65) Not sure yet

So... I'm using Skeletal Fortification as per the initial build but have also made extensive use of Spectral Hand (after Shadow Veil hit 25 and I could cast w/o being made visible), both combat arts have been added in to Combos from Combat Discipline for the 10% recharge boost, I've also set up one for Belligerant Vault just becase, and my fourth is Rousing Command, Augmenting Guidon, Skeletal Forticiation (this is because my main SF recharges in 19secs at it's current level and this combo takes a full 60s but is well worth it when it's up). Both SF Combos can be used independently of each other.

I've modded Augmenting Guidon for +50% ATK/DEF and +10% experience, Rousing Command for +50% DUR and +15% RUN SPD (in hindsight +10% ATK/CAST SPD would've worked better with Dual-Wield and Spectral Hand) and Skeletal Fort as per Podgie's build. The idea behind this is that my second SF combo increases the damage output and the experience gain; which leads me on to gear.

For my armour I jumped on my level 6 shopper (level 90 bargaining and glitched in to Niob for better gear) and bought various SW armour with things like +experience and run speed on them, as Podgie said the armour doesn't matter much as you're invisible but I've gradually equipped set items and better gear with sockets as they've dropped, these sockets have all been given to my Niob smither to drop Whet smithing arts in (+DMG +ATK) and I've been using that in every socket bar two as the damage percentage raises both the damage output of my SF turrets and the damage of Spectral Hand significantly. The last two items, and the whole reasoning behind my taking Dual-Wield, are two Officer's Sabres (those nifty ones that drop around 50 with three gold sockets on them and the Survival Increase bonus) which I've used 1 socket on each for a +1.0s RPH ring (this rounds up a bit higher than 1.0 when Niob smithed in a gold socket) and the other two sockets on each with Whet again - one Sabre is socketed for fire damage the other ice. I've got a ridiculous amount of +DMG/ATK% and it pays off in that Spectral Hand is basing it's damage off of my Dual-Wielded sabres as the base which is higher than a single weapon, then is further boosted by all the damage bonuses along with Skeletal Fortification.

As a test of just how much damage I could put out on him I jumped my SW over to Niob (same glitch method) at level 48 (prior to dual-wielding) and started to do the campaign to see if I was able to kill the enemies at that point and could progress. Answer was that I could, quite comfortably although damage-wise I'd compare him at that point before dual-wield and the sabre trick to a new character starting out on Silver; it took a few hits to drop things instead of running about one shotting everything as I'd grown used to.

So that's my set up if anyone feels like playing about with it or developing further. :)

Awesome build, really enjoying this on my new Shadow Warrior, up to 50 at the moment.

My take on it was ever so slightly different though as I didn't want to pick up skills for the sake of, or take things like Blacksmith which are bugged on the console. So I've opted to change a few things out and make decisions based on my play experience (still levelling so am pretty much making it up as I go along but liking how it's developing), here's what I've done to date (order is a bit messy in hindsight but can be reshuffled to suit):

2) Astral Lord Lore (Increased every level after getting sufficient skill points to catch it up to Focus)

3) Astral Lord Focus (Increased every level)

5) Concentration (Increase every level after getting sufficient skill points to catch it up to Focus & Lore)

8) Tactics (5pts for Dual-Wield access then stopped till later when I'll take it to mastery)

12) Combat Discipline (mastery eventually but not training at the moment)

18) Ancient Magic (Mastery eventually but only getting 1pt out of my 5 at 50 right now)

25) Armour Lore (not training at the moment)

35) Malevolent Champion Focus (idea was to get 2-3 modification points for Augmenting Guidon here)

50) Dual-Wield (only the initial 1pt to equip two weapons so far)

65) Not sure yet

So... I'm using Skeletal Fortification as per the initial build but have also made extensive use of Spectral Hand (after Shadow Veil hit 25 and I could cast w/o being made visible), both combat arts have been added in to Combos from Combat Discipline for the 10% recharge boost, I've also set up one for Belligerant Vault just becase, and my fourth is Rousing Command, Augmenting Guidon, Skeletal Forticiation (this is because my main SF recharges in 19secs at it's current level and this combo takes a full 60s but is well worth it when it's up). Both SF Combos can be used independently of each other.

I've modded Augmenting Guidon for +50% ATK/DEF and +10% experience, Rousing Command for +50% DUR and +15% RUN SPD (in hindsight +10% ATK/CAST SPD would've worked better with Dual-Wield and Spectral Hand) and Skeletal Fort as per Podgie's build. The idea behind this is that my second SF combo increases the damage output and the experience gain; which leads me on to gear.

For my armour I jumped on my level 6 shopper (level 90 bargaining and glitched in to Niob for better gear) and bought various SW armour with things like +experience and run speed on them, as Podgie said the armour doesn't matter much as you're invisible but I've gradually equipped set items and better gear with sockets as they've dropped, these sockets have all been given to my Niob smither to drop Whet smithing arts in (+DMG +ATK) and I've been using that in every socket bar two as the damage percentage raises both the damage output of my SF turrets and the damage of Spectral Hand significantly. The last two items, and the whole reasoning behind my taking Dual-Wield, are two Officer's Sabres (those nifty ones that drop around 50 with three gold sockets on them and the Survival Increase bonus) which I've used 1 socket on each for a +1.0s RPH ring (this rounds up a bit higher than 1.0 when Niob smithed in a gold socket) and the other two sockets on each with Whet again - one Sabre is socketed for fire damage the other ice. I've got a ridiculous amount of +DMG/ATK% and it pays off in that Spectral Hand is basing it's damage off of my Dual-Wielded sabres as the base which is higher than a single weapon, then is further boosted by all the damage bonuses along with Skeletal Fortification.

As a test of just how much damage I could put out on him I jumped my SW over to Niob (same glitch method) at level 48 (prior to dual-wielding) and started to do the campaign to see if I was able to kill the enemies at that point and could progress. Answer was that I could, quite comfortably although damage-wise I'd compare him at that point before dual-wield and the sabre trick to a new character starting out on Silver; it took a few hits to drop things instead of running about one shotting everything as I'd grown used to.

So that's my set up if anyone feels like playing about with it or developing further. :)

G'day, SFAvernal! Welcome to the boards :D

Your build for console looks solid, and I would like to suggest EP as your 10th skill, but it is a secondary skill for the SW, so I don't know what to suggest. :(

I did highlight a small portion of your post, to indicate that it is not strictly correct. SH damage is based on your main-hand weapon only when you DW, not on both weapons added together.

Shame! It is getting the extra Damage % boosts from the second sabre though so I can live with that, perhaps dropping Malevolent Champion Focus and sacrificing a bit of experience gain might allow for EP to be taken as well although you'd still need to dump one skill on something bugged/of debatable use for the console to get it. :(

Shame! It is getting the extra Damage % boosts from the second sabre though so I can live with that, perhaps dropping Malevolent Champion Focus and sacrificing a bit of experience gain might allow for EP to be taken as well although you'd still need to dump one skill on something bugged/of debatable use for the console to get it. :(

Yes, any socketed Whet or other modifiers in your left hand will be applied, but it adds no base damage.

And I agree that getting EP on a SW is painful in that you have to take Blacksmithing, Alchemy or Divine Devotion first. Alchemy isn't too bad with a Veiled SW, and if you take Ker's gift, DD can be fun while you are invisible as well.

• 1 month later...

Podgie, this build is masterful.

I'm playing the Japanese edition on PS3 (I like punishing myself). As I can't read a word of Japanese, this build is perfection manifested. No need to try and determine what mods an item has based on the number values, no need to worry about socketing or finding the right set item, just trade for the two Astral runes you need and you're unstoppable.

I initially started with a build based on claudius, letting minions do the grunt work, but now that I'm 100% invisible, Skeletal Fortification with a high regen makes much more sense.

The only trouble is, I now don't want to play online, trigger an area effect, and lose my survival bonus..............

• Like! 1
  • 4 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not sure why you deleted your first post here, I thought chattius would reply. I think you were asking about how he got so much damage from skeletal towers. I would put it down to astral lord and ancient magic mastery, damage x-x rings (50-50 at really high levels), blacksmith maxed whet, and regen per hit.