Just a few little questions about my Shard Battle Mage

Ta dah  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Are u going 2 read my post?

• Yes
    • No
    • Can I have my cookie now?

Okay, its just a little thing. Im doing my new shard BM, and im a bit stuck with gear. I am a bit of a fashion freak/trying to create the light and dark look)., butshould I socket my shard runes into items with 3 sockets, or socket only 1, cause if I want 2 get my runes back from the item that has 2 or more runes in it, I only get 1, or Im missing something. And any item suggestions for a newbie, beginner shard mage are welcome

P.S: I've seen, that colored items give some bonuses according 2 their color. Blue mage items give +water spells, red +fire spells... Is that true, or just an illusion/luck?

heh, I thought your post was funny. So you get the cookie. I've never been a battle mage fan, hopefully one of the players here will be able to help you out though.

Great having you here on the boards, welcome to Darkmatters Voidstriker!

:paladin:

gogo

I would suggest--if you are looking to create a truly powerful mage--that you forget about the fashion. Either wear blackstaff's armor or Amarri. Blackstaff will add power(and full time ghost meadow) and Amarri will give secret damage which makes up for the loss of power.

You do not have to socket shard runes at all if you invest in a super-high level of Ghost Meadow.

Socket as much as possible. You can always trade unwanted runes at the combomaster to get more that you want. Runes are easy to come by. But by all means, as Sil says, boost GM and get yourself a good set.

ok, thanks 2 u all(and gogo, that was very nice of u. thnx), but, I cant wear 2 sets at 1. And I dont know which 2 choose. Amarri has secret dmg, blackstaff permanent ghost meadow. Both are good.

P.S: Gogo, who do u play as then?

The best magic user for me was Wood Elf. For my main attack I pumped Thornbush and for backup against mobs I used Call of the Ancestors. She made my Battle Mage builds look like total wussies. :)