level 8 -> Armor Lore

level 12 -> Hafted Weapons Lore

level 18 -> Tactics Lore

level 25 -> Concentration

level 35 -> Constitution/Source Warden Focus

level 50 -> Warding Energy Lore

level 65 -> Blacksmith

Currently level 20, I have a few questions:

- Combat Alert vs Battle Aura? Half bonuses + regen penalty seem a pretty heavy trade-off for the Permanent mod. As a side note, is it just me, or Battle Aura is really blatantly inferior to Seraphim's Battle Stance?

- Untouchable Force? Is it worth it? I'd mod it for Mind Control, Calm, Crumble and switch Constitution with Source Warden Focus to support it. Without Source Warden Lore the damage will be pitiful, but I wonder if the defensive benefits surpass those of Constitution.

Edited by Spaffo

Hi Spaffo,

some notes for your build planning (as I understand you want to make melee utility character):

* change skills order and some skill:

level 2 Blacksmith

level 3 Armor

level 5 Bargainig (keep it at char. level)

- You can create your own equipment from the beginig of game

level 8 Devout Guardian Focus

level 12 Hafted Weapons

level 18 Tactics Lore

- Improves you killing ability

level 25 Warding Energy Lore

- Enhance your Shield

Now you have basic of this character

level 35 Enhanced Perception

level 50 Toughness

- finish you utility and survival ability

level 65 more options based on your gameplay experience

.. Source warden skill for Untouchable Force (replace Toughness/Concentration), but I think UF is not much good buff.

.. Lost Fusion skill for Jolting Touch/something else

.. Damage Lore (mastery) is very good damage improvement

.. Constitution can be replace with high powered shield and LL modifier

.. Concentration -maybe, but better way is going for only one buff and pick Expert Touch.

.. Pacifism/Divine Devotion - be more hardcore:-)

* As for Combat Alert - keep it as recastable semi-buff.

Lots of decision depends on your build planning - stop him at lvl75? Or would you beat Niob?

Edited by vaclaf

I personaly would never bother with ep on a shopper blacksmith unless I was limited in the number of slots I had available and as you say this is sp your not limited unless your console in which case blacksmith doesnt work for you anyway.

level 12 -> Hafted Weapons Lore

Currently level 20, I have a few questions:

- Combat Alert vs Battle Aura? Half bonuses + regen penalty seem a pretty heavy trade-off for the Permanent mod. As a side note, is it just me, or Battle Aura is really blatantly inferior to Seraphim's Battle Stance?

- Untouchable Force? Is it worth it? I'd mod it for Mind Control, Calm, Crumble and switch Constitution with Source Warden Focus to support it. Without Source Warden Lore the damage will be pitiful, but I wonder if the defensive benefits surpass those of Constitution.

If you weren't already Level 20, I would call Hafted Weapons into question: I'm not convinced that it's really that useful on a Temple Guardian. (Though I'm used to running spellcaster Temple Guardians.) Also, since you'll be using T-Energy Shroud (as do all solid Temple Guardians), you do not want Constitution. Toughness, however, is a solid choice.

Combat Alert vs Battle Aura is essentially a matter of whether or not you mind recasting it: those who dislike recasting it turn it permanent, those who don't have a powerful (stackable) buff... er, not buff. You know what I mean.

Untouchable Force is another step towards immortality.

* change skills order and some skill:

level 2 Blacksmith

- You can create your own equipment from the beginig of game

.. Damage Lore (mastery) is very good damage improvement

Vaclaf, does getting Blacksmithing that early (as opposed to waiting until Level 3 or 5) really make that big of a difference? Personally, I don't have a Bargaining network or a pile of rings/necklaces, so I've always wondered why you pushed for Blacksmithing so immediately (when gaining the first few levels feels easier with Armor Lore right off the bat).

Spaffo, only go Damage Lore if you're playing Ice & Blood. That said, after Vaclaf's success with it in his Lost Fusion build, I'm very eager to hear about how good it will jive with Source Warden.

Thank you very much for the replies!

I'm currently level 43 and in Gold and I'm quite satisfied with how my TG is turning out. The starting level were as painful as they could get, but now I clear trash mobs quite fast (not like the one-shotting wonder of my BFG Seraphim, but still), bosses are still a problem though. I guess they will be more manageable when I get more jabs for Deathly Spears

I took Warding Energy Lore at 35 and at 50 I'll take Toughness instead of Constitution (Thank you Shattered Rift for pointing that out. Constitution does nothing for my shield, Toughness indirectly strenghtens it :D )

I don't mind having Hafted Weapons (I'm keeping it at 1, but it gets boosted pretty high with +skills), it unlocks nice bonuses on the weapons.

I chose to transform Combat Alert in a buff in the early 20s, since I found that, when it was on cooldown, that my TG was too weak to be enjoyable.

I'm still undecided on Untouchable Force, I'm pretty sure I won't be able to get Source Warden Focus, so even if I choose to use it, it will be very weak.