Sacred 2 Save Game Files Editor

Looks like I forgot to post this here, but I wrote a guide on how to edit save games. You can edit your attribute points, skill points, the skills you have, experience values, level, etc. It's a little work, and will probably take like 15 minutes to do, but it's not difficult. Here's the link: http://taylorsmurphy.com/sacred2/

edit: You can probably edit a lot more, to be sure, but it will involve writing stuff down from in game, changing something, writing it down again, and then comparing save files to see what's been changed. Also I am not sure how to change the save file size and have it still be readable, so all you can do is change values, not delete or add anything (for example, you could change your character name easily, but there's some magic involved if you want to add or delete a letter). Anyways, hope the guide is useful.

Edited by gogoblender

"I do not know how bourgeois programkoy and SAVE while the manual editing can take up to 16 (inclusive) skills. Superfluous, those that are in excess of ten, the game interface does not appear, but acts. Checked. "

...reads a google translated post on some russian hacking forums. I take this to mean that you can add up to 16 skills to your character. That's understandable since the numbers available per bit (is it "bit"?) go up to 16, I.e. 1-16, or 0-F in a hex editor. However there's some difficulty in actually editing this because you have to convert some numbers from the start of the file, then modify them in some weird way, and then you're able to save the new file. I haven't learned how to do it, but it's linked at the end of the tutorial if you want to try to learn how to do it (warning: all of the instructions look like the quote above). I can't find any automated editor, so I'm not sure what "borgeois programkoy and SAVE" is supposed to refer to either. I checked the thread and no links to any programs have been made, so it's a mystery. (I made the guide, by the way, because I don't want anyone to have to piece together how to modify save files using google-translated russian like I did).

If the save file decoder doesn't work please say so. I didn't see any new ones posted, but something could have gone wrong with the update.

Edited by tsmurphy
  • 1 year later...
  • 7 years later...
  • 5 months later...

I have a working copy of the Sacred 2 Character Editor; I would be happy to add it to our download section as a tool, if it is permissible and in accordance with the will of The Guardian of The Dark Sun.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 12/1/2018 at 3:28 AM, Hooyaah said:

I have a working copy of the Sacred 2 Character Editor; I would be happy to add it to our download section as a tool, if it is permissible and in accordance with the will of The Guardian of The Dark Sun.

Hi Steve!

Any chance it has been uploaded? I have been looking for days to find a savegame editor for the XBOX 360 version and found some, but those don't allow me to mod. Horizon has no modding option for Sacred 2, Modio does not allow it (button "Mod" is greyed out) and SAIO requires a premium subscription which I am not able to obtain. I am very late late to the party - hopefully not too late.

The character-editor for PC works fine and is kinda fun - but strangely I prefer the XBOX 360 version of the game since playing with a controller is much more relaxing. Also I've sunk many hundred hours into this game (on XBOX) since the release and life is kinda in the way to sink some hundred more for a few changes.

Cheers!

Sure Alex, you may download a copy here at the Nexus. You will need to create a free account. While you are there, you may want to check out the other mods for Sacred 2.

On 11/26/2020 at 2:58 PM, Hooyaah said:

Sure Alex, you may download a copy here at the Nexus. You will need to create a free account. While you are there, you may want to check out the other mods for Sacred 2.

Thank You very much, I got this one running and it's perfect for the PC-version. The XBOX-File however doesn't work with this one. There have been programs like "SAIO" that could change the save-files; but these are out of order and I was hoping someone hast such a program available.

<3

1 hour ago, Flix said:

XBOX

A completely different way of handling input-output. It's like trying PC tricks on a Mac.

On a side-note:  the way the majority of the game content is stored on consoles is one of the reasons , why I don't consider these... appliances to be true gaming devices for anything, but arcades. 

• Like! 1