Is it worth spending time on silver playthrough?

Silver playthrough.  

13 members have voted

1. 1. What should I do?

• Hurry through the main quest to unlock gold/higher difficulties?
    • Do sidequests, and play like normal, not hurrying at all?
    • Worry about my weapons/armor, but skip over the sidequests?
    • Do some side quests (please list which ones below) and spend time on my weapons/armor?
    • Do some quests, and not worry about my weapons and armor?

I've recently began playing sacred 2, and I didn't know how to start. I began playing on bronze, and got to level 20. I quickly got tired, however, of how easy things were. I read online that many people started out on silver, and so I went to silver. It still is extremely easy however, and I am now level 25, and am about to go into the human realm for the main quest. Does beating the main quest unlock gold? How do you unlock platnium/niob? I've been doing EVERY side quest that I've run into up to this point, and frankly, I'm bored of easy side quests. I've spent a bunch of time on my weapons/armor, but I don't want to spend much more if I'm not going to get anything truly good until harder playthroughs, so I'm thinking about rushing through the main story, not caring all that much about my armor/weapons, and saving my money for harder difficulties. What do you think I should do. It's all just to easy at the moment, but I wouldn't mind doing a few cool side quests on the way. I heard there were some fun ones.

For your very first character it may be a good idea to spend time is silver learning the game before advancing to higher difficulty. After you have played a couple characters you could move through silver more quickly to the better xp and gear available in gold

I voted for the 'do some side quests', which is basically the Runemaster in Sloeford and the character specific quests for the nice pressie at the end (gimme, gimme, want cookie).

Edited by podgie_bear
I voted for the 'do some side quests', which is basically the Runemaster in Sloeford and the character specific quests for the nice pressie at the end (gimme, gimme, want cookie).

why is the runemaster in sloeford important? I already did it, but why is it important? I've been doing a few quests, for example I just finished blind guardians as well as the undead legion chain (boy was that quest long, even on silver) and will probibly do the office one, the char specific mount one, etc. I just wont so every single one I see, which is what I was doing. Thanks for your advice everyone!

why is the runemaster in sloeford important? I already did it, but why is it important? I've been doing a few quests, for example I just finished blind guardians as well as the undead legion chain (boy was that quest long, even on silver) and will probibly do the office one, the char specific mount one, etc. I just wont so every single one I see, which is what I was doing. Thanks for your advice everyone!

In single player there are only certain villages that have merchants available. Sloeford serves as the tutorial village for merchants. You will only be able to trade runes with him if you do the quest. Same for the blacksmith tutorial. once you advance to the other towns you will have no problem finding merchants to trade with.

When I start new characters I take my time in Tyr Lysia to get some levels and mod some combat arts. When the area you're in isn't a challenge anymore, move on to the next and eventually you'll be finished with silver. On gold you should be able to cruise through the campaign, doing whichever quests you like. I usually do Blind Guardian, Undead Legion, the the class quest. When you reach Platinum and Niob you should be very sure you can handle an area before venturing into it or it could be very brief, and then you're starting a new character on sillver again.

I always do the Blind Guardian and Undead Legion side quests on every difficulty (except perhaps bronze), for extra experience as well as some weapons (if you have something better they can just be sold/put in the chest for other characters). Other than that I'd say you might want to do your Class Quest. Other than that I usually rush through to get to gold (then I do more side quests but still rush through). Plat/Niob are unlocked in the same way (clearing gold->plat etc.)

Welcome to the boards, Sirdiesalot! You got some good general answers, but I'll try to tackle it another way.

At this point, by your description, I would scoot thru the Human realm and fight the Gar'Colossus, and move into the Orc Lands. If you find that area easy, you probably can keep to the main quest and advance to the Desert or Jungle regions (the dragon caves and the swamp are not too hard if Orc land is not hard). You really don't learn much when your one-shotting everything and don't use Health Potions, ever.

If you find the enemies too tough and/or are getting hit for too much damage, you can always backtrack to an easier area and level up for a while... but no harm in pushing your toon at least a little.... keep your "Danger, Will Robinson" sense about you or you will get killed faster than a bad remake... analogy definitely intentional.

First off, funny name for someone who finds the game too easy :whistle:

Yes, it is a pain in the bum to have to play through silver to unlock gold, gold to unlock platinum, platinum to unlock niob... but that's how it is!

Since you're on XBOX, if you are interested in achievements, it is best to do some of them in the easier difficulties - they are time consuming but you can forget about them later on when you just want to play.

In relation to side quests, I initially did every single quest that I could find. This adds ridiculous amounts of time to the main quest and, with the exception of a few mentioned before, give fairly average rewards based on time spent.

It is important to have good gear for survivability no matter what your difficulty level, but don't worry too much about hoarding... your gear will become redundant in higher difficulties and as you advance in level!