Lang's Farewell - Legendary that dropped from mob on Dryad Island!

And there we go... this puppy dropped off for me yesterday in Dryad Island:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacre...ng%27s_Farewell

A drop from a mob... :bounce:

I was very surprised, but... there is a kind of connection here...I remember a few peeps mentionning that area as having potential for Legendary Drops, soldats I think one of them... this is a particularly difficult area of Dryad Island, the shamans love to root you and then cast that totem pole that Spunky describes so well.

Four Fen Fires lined up abreast fired at me at once, I did not reckon upon their damage,

I red-lined

:eek:

then had to high tail ou

t... upon opening up the inventory...

The gem.

:)

gogo

I actually don't know.

And to be honest, I'm not even one hundred percent sure that it came from the Dryad Island area...I only say so because it's very rare I go there..it's too tuff for what you get... but there have been threads running at DarkMatters about strange drop rates there...

I'm almost 95 percent sure that it dropped from that area though, it's just that I never saw it on the ground...only in my inventory later

Furian and I were back there late the evening, and with two, those ferns are still rotten dangerous... who knows I may respec a build to see if it's possible to pull another legendary from there later on.

Hate those ferns

:bounce:

gogo

p.s. Spunky do you know where that thread is that talks about that area again?

Hmm, not sure which thread you talking about, but I think I remember a thread way back that was about some legendaries dropping there that soldats or r00ster started.

Is it that one yer thinking about?

Four Fen Fires lined up abreast fired at me at once, I did not reckon upon their damage, I red-lined

then had to high tail out... upon opening up the inventory...

The gem.

gogo

Is that why you were porting back to Start Island after a really good round up? I'm sorry I wasn't able to watch your health.

Was very busy and Chaos was rampant. Wish we had video of those round ups. Was absolutely amazing the amount of destruction

a Dragon Mage and High Elf Pyro can throw down :eek::bounce:

The dryad isle can drop legendaries, but pretty much only the 'low tier' ones.

I have gotten 2x magisil swords there, back on the US servers some time ago.

Guess what gogo, just give a guess which enemy there has the highest (though still tiny) chance to drop them....

fen fires :whistle:

Just remember magic resistance vs them, and you should be okay for hunting them. They may look like ice, but their lightning zap is actually magic damage, their ice is melee... which they never do.

Dangerous area there gogo as you already know. I've lost [2] chars in this very same area. Both level's 60-65.

Congrats on your drop as well. Lower tier perhaps, but afterall, still a legendary!

I remain, Etherian

Guess what gogo, just give a guess which enemy there has the highest (though still tiny) chance to drop them....

fen fires ;)

Just remember magic resistance vs them, and you should be okay for hunting them. They may look like ice, but their lightning zap is actually magic damage, their ice is melee... which they never do.

OOOHHHH Nice r00ster. Thanks for the info. I know we were buzzing through the area fast and rounding up huge amounts of mobs. Most of which were not hard to take out. Only a few Blood Dryads had a noted toughness. But those Fens..... them lil buggers are hard to target and get damage on, at least for my Dragon mage. My main CA is Gust of Wind. Think I killed more with my throwing star. :ninjastar:

Edited by Furian67

fen fires :D

ah ha!

Can you post more about the "low tier" uniques versus high ones rooster? Dang Fern Fires... I'm gonna have to get better relics

:bounce:

gogo

Unfortunately Gogo, that was Cthulu's area of expertise, I don't think he's around here much if at all anymore.

Like if you remember some of his discoveries, I think basically out of the 15 tiers there are or whatnot, it would be something like;

Dryad isle or some/certain enemies there goes to tier '14' or something similar, and there are a few legendaries in that tier. Like magisil, I guess the one you found, I think perhaps the second ring etc.

Sorry I can't be more help there.

I'll have a look around for some of Cthulus data it's where the answer was... and I'm pretty sure he posted it all here.

I would also imagine the areas onwards storywise would have legendary tables, like the wastelands, but who wants to fight there with those bugged mages.... ewwww.

EDIT* This is what I could dig up quick gogo:

- Based upon their danger classes, all monsters have various drop patterns. Some do not hold anything, while others can have junk, gold, runes or the very wide ranged "Standard list".

For example: Certain legendary weapons, such as "Magisil" show up in the standard drop list; this list only gets used for (in order of most possible to lowest possible):

So that could explain it. They don't have 'true' legendary drop tables, just some legendaries are in the lower tiers. The ones that aren't, you will never find outside the 'danger class 10' enemies, which are;

- the nameless guardians

- The region dragons

- The storyline dragons

- The Carnac

- The Scorpion king

- The Crystal boss

- The Forest Guardian

- Various unimplemented monsters (I.E. T-Energy Dragons)

- The Blind Guardian band members (LOL!)

.... and the crystals on seraphim island!

Also, there is possibility if you have barganing mastery to get legendaries from 4+ star quests.

Edited by r00ster
So that could explain it. They don't have 'true' legendary drop tables, just some legendaries are in the lower tiers. The ones that aren't, you will never find outside the 'danger class 10' enemies, which are;

- the nameless guardians

- The region dragons

- The storyline dragons

- The Carnac

- The Scorpion king

- The Crystal boss

- The Forest Guardian

Also, there is possibility if you have barganing mastery to get legendaries from 4+ star quests.

Great insight, Thank You!

I remain, Etherian

Grats on Legendary Gogo, shame it has knock back.

Doesn't surprise me that Fen Fires can drop nice rewards occasionally as they are painful to have to face up to, and its almost worth running away if you see 5 or more. I will have to remember to use magic resist against them.

Lol at BG giving legendaries, I will have to do it more often now.

T Energy dragons might have been a handful.

gratz on the legendary drop? what's your magic find % at and levels of EP? :-D

Unfortunately Gogo, that was Cthulu's area of expertise, I don't think he's around here much if at all anymore.

Like if you remember some of his discoveries, I think basically out of the 15 tiers there are or whatnot, it would be something like;

Dryad isle or some/certain enemies there goes to tier '14' or something similar, and there are a few legendaries in that tier. Like magisil, I guess the one you found, I think perhaps the second ring etc.

Sorry I can't be more help there.

I'll have a look around for some of Cthulus data it's where the answer was... and I'm pretty sure he posted it all here.

I would also imagine the areas onwards storywise would have legendary tables, like the wastelands, but who wants to fight there with those bugged mages.... ewwww.

EDIT* This is what I could dig up quick gogo:

- Based upon their danger classes, all monsters have various drop patterns. Some do not hold anything, while others can have junk, gold, runes or the very wide ranged "Standard list".

For example: Certain legendary weapons, such as "Magisil" show up in the standard drop list; this list only gets used for (in order of most possible to lowest possible):

- the nameless guardians

- The region dragons

- The storyline dragons

- The Carnac

- The Scorpion king

- The Crystal boss

- The Forest Guardian

Just bargaining mastery? wouldn't it have to be a much higher level than say EP with massive MF% up the wazoo from gear? I find that forcefeeding EP earlier in the game gives MUCH better returns than putting (anything) in to bargaining.

Hey Onslaught, welcome to DarkMatters!

I don't have any ep, and I'll check this aft what my Magic Find is...but it's not something I usually focus on, it'll be pretty low.

Oh, and btw...I went back to that area last night, and THREE shamans roped and started toteming me at once. I pannicked, could not drink hp fast enough...finally got away limping.. redlined...

Sorry, but I'm definitely not going back to that area for a while... or at least with a group of peeps... way too dangerous...guardians are safer imo

Pok pok pok

ChickenCooked5.jpg

:whistle:

gogo

Wait, took a second look at this this morning. Do you mean completing the quest has a chance to drop legendaries, or that the Blind Guardian members are in Danger Class 15, but we're not allowed to kill them so pointless?

The actual band members themselves are danger class 10, the highest class, and yeah pointless as you can't kill em :whistle:

For barganing affecting quest rewards, I don't believe it can be one that auto-completes, ala mini bosses, and it must be four star or better, and you must have barganing mastery unlocked, which at mastery gives better quest rewards. the chance from four or better star quests is VERY low, but all legendaries are possible I believe.

That's crazy gogo! the nameless are easier than dryad isle? shiza! I've done a lot of tests vs. the nameless in niob, and they can pack incredible damage (over 30k per hit on some chars)! the dryad isle must've been really altered by the expansion that I've not noticed yet.

Cheers,