Mist of Miasma Permanent Weaken Bug

larvi

While fighting the swirling mist I seem to randomly get afflicted with the following status, I guess it's some sort of weaken effect since my stats drop considerably to the point I'm useless. What is it and how do I get rid of it? It doesn't seem to go away with time, the only way I've found to clear it is to exit the game and restart which sucks because I loose all of the progress I've made against the mist. So I'm pretty much stuck and can't get past this part of the campaign right now. I've fought the mist more times than I can count and never remember having this problem before, seems to be unique to this toon.

big_0004.jpg

Ah, the old Mist boss weaken bug. I believe it has something to do with teleporting into a battle that has already begun against a Mist boss. It can turn your attribute points from like 700 down to 50 and stay that way until you leave the server. Unfortunately no remedy other than leaving the server has been found. As for prevention I think refraining from teleporting to your party that is fighting the Mist boss will do the trick. Teleport in via a Portal instead.

Thanks for the reply, didn't realize it was a known bug. I'm fighting it by myself but I was using a resurrection portal in the town right next to it to TP in so maybe that's the problem. I'll try hitting a portal somewhere else on the map and walking there and see if that fixes it. Very strange bug for sure.

Edit - That worked, thanks so much Schot. I'm finally past that mist (still have 1 more to fight, now I remember why I like the dark campaign so much). I've also noticed that I get randomly afflicted with DoT damage while fighting the mist too, even when I'm not in the actual cloud part. Not sure if that's also a bug, but it goes away over time at least.

Edited by larvi

I guess it's not a party only problem after all then. Thanx for the feedback larvi. I'd be interested to know if it works out for you the next time. Strange bug indeed. ^^

Gratz larvi! The DoT damage you're getting is from the tiny spheres the Mist boss shoots at you. The spheres are very hard to see though. :)

That might be although the spheres are "heat seekers" so to speak. Once a target has been set they rarely miss unless a tree gets in the way. Funny that you're getting hit even when veiled but maybe it's as you say; caught in the crossfire.

Didn't know that, will keep an eye open for the spheres, strange that he targets a veiled char, unless I'm just getting caught in cross fire with them.

The spheres are auto-targeting.

The persistent debuff has been fixed with the cm-patch (at least I hope so) and had to do with a never-ending spell duration. However no fix for closed so far.

Edited by czevak

Great information, thanks guys. Currently playing closed net so no CM patch but definitely want to try it out at some point as it sounds like a they've done a great job of fixing bugs and adding new features.

• 2 years later...

I noticed this bug fighting the mist yesterday. A weird thing keeps happening now, I was fighting the scorpion and the same thing happened. My regeneration time on deathly spears went from being 1.1s to as high as 4.5s. I've been playing sacred for a long time now and I can't say that I have noticed this occurring before. I know a weaken dot could explain this but the scorpion doesn't have magic damage.

• Like! 1

and, you also get a welcome to DarkMatters golfer!

Sacred game is small, devoted and loyal community, we're happy to meet up with everyone who's loved and loving it as much as we do.

:)

gogo

I noticed this bug fighting the mist yesterday. A weird thing keeps happening now, I was fighting the scorpion and the same thing happened. My regeneration time on deathly spears went from being 1.1s to as high as 4.5s. I've been playing sacred for a long time now and I can't say that I have noticed this occurring before. I know a weaken dot could explain this but the scorpion doesn't have magic damage.

Welcome to Dark Matters :) I haven't played in awhile, but doesn't the scorpion have the sand debuff that lowers your attack rating significantly? Perhaps this is what is happening?