What skills to drop for my Shadow Warrior build?

devon

The following is a snippet from Qwalens 2 Handed mace build,

Tactics Lore

Hafted Weapons

Armour Lore

Death Warrior Focus

Concentration

Combat Discipline

Malevolent Champion Focus

Constitution

Combat Reflexes

Toughness

I would like to make a Shadow Warrior build using Enhanced Perception, and unfortunately I will have to drop 2 skills, and was wondering which would be the best 2 to drop, while still allowing damage and defence for survivability.

In my opinion you could drop Constitution and toughness. In my Build Ultimate Shadow Warrior it can be easily converted for what you would like to do. Change Sword for Hafted, drop Combat Discipline and Damage lore and exchange them for Blacksmith (very useful utility) and Enhanced Perception.

But in all honesty I don't think that Enhanced perception is needed. Your running PC version, makes this easier. After speaking with Arperum we believe there is a "Lucky" dice roll upon creation of a character. And upon the creation of the server. For the "Lucky Character" the idea is to create the toon, enter server, on SP when you get to look in the first chest it should drop a few items. If at least one of the items is not a magical item ie: blue or gold, delete that character and make another one, rinse and repeat until you get a blue or gold drop, preferably gold item to drop. We believe this is your "Lucky" created toon. If playing on HC Closed net, create toon, enter server, on start island there are two hidden magical spots (flashing glow) on the island back behind and past the portal. On a path one to the right along the waters edge and the other on that same path at the top of the hill. If you have the patience keep remaking the character until you get the gold item to drop from one of these spots.

I'm playing SP, not bothered with online anymore, so seeing that this is the case (lucky dice roll) I won't bother with E.P then. Another thing when I start adding points to the skills like Tactics, Armour etc, what is the best way to go about this, is it best to get all skills to say 20 then work on maxing certain skills out, or is it better to pick a couple and work on maxing them first. I have been using your Ultimate build BTW. I figured on getting Tactics, Hafted (instead of Swords) and Armour up to character level an keeping them there till I get them to MAX then worry about the others after that, would this be a wise move?

If you want a shadow warrior smith eper the best way and only way I would do it is an astraql lord inviso build. This also gives you the ability to pilfir boss loot without a fight;/

Mind you as I made a smith shopper temple guard and a ep dryad I didnt need a smith ep shadow warrior...

I'm playing SP, not bothered with online anymore, so seeing that this is the case (lucky dice roll) I won't bother with E.P then. Another thing when I start adding points to the skills like Tactics, Armour etc, what is the best way to go about this, is it best to get all skills to say 20 then work on maxing certain skills out, or is it better to pick a couple and work on maxing them first. I have been using your Ultimate build BTW. I figured on getting Tactics, Hafted (instead of Swords) and Armour up to character level an keeping them there till I get them to MAX then worry about the others after that, would this be a wise move?

Good move, thats the way I did it and did not regret it. Now and then I would keep an eye on my Death Warrior and Malevolent Champ levels and pop a point in now and then when I saw that one point would bring me to the next level. And don't forget the Buff suit. Its absolutely wonderful to get that huge buff with only one rune read, putting battle suit back on and your regen from buff is under 5%.

But in all honesty I don't think that Enhanced perception is needed. Your running PC version, makes this easier. After speaking with Arperum we believe there is a "Lucky" dice roll upon creation of a character. And upon the creation of the server. For the "Lucky Character" the idea is to create the toon, enter server, on SP when you get to look in the first chest it should drop a few items. If at least one of the items is not a magical item ie: blue or gold, delete that character and make another one, rinse and repeat until you get a blue or gold drop, preferably gold item to drop. We believe this is your "Lucky" created toon. If playing on HC Closed net, create toon, enter server, on start island there are two hidden magical spots (flashing glow) on the island back behind and past the portal. On a path one to the right along the waters edge and the other on that same path at the top of the hill. If you have the patience keep remaking the character until you get the gold item to drop from one of these spots.

Did some more testing on this.Ran a server for three hours Monday night, Did not find a drop at either "hidden treasure" spot. I ran the Boar mini boss, Orc lands, seraphim Island and the dragon Tunnels, Blood forest up to the hound and did not pick up or receive one set piece.

Last night I did the same thing. But when I checked the "hidden treasure" spot, I got a Gold chest piece with a gold and silver slot. I picked up no less than 8 set pieces or unique items including a Poison Star. Which I think is the first time I have ever gotten one of those in over a year of playing.

I also tried this with bargaining, 6 servers with no "hidden treasure" spot find, looked to buy items from traders on Start Island, Waste Lands, Hissil'Ta and Blood Forest, and didn't find anything I wanted to spend my gold on. Finally hit a good server on the seventh try. My TG was level 68 also a Dryad level 40 was in server. When I checked the "hidden treasure" spot I found a gold double socket dagger at level 111. (No idea why it's level was so high) When I started shopping I found over twenty items that I did buy including one double death blow and 2 double dot amulets.

I'm very excited by the possibility of a lucky number character that has a higher than normal chance of getting great drops at the outset of starting a new server.

My pet theory of drops follows the same pattern I think I've observed in shopping. It's simple really, a modified SIN wave. The SIN wave gives the base chance, and then a random number is used to move the value up 0 to 1. I imagine this to be used to give you a drop/shop tier to choose the drop from. If you start a character near the top, it is far easier for your drop to be in the rare category. That position in the SIN wave is kept with the character and advanced based on lifetime of the character.

That would explain why I get drops in clusters... where uniques drop near each other... then with large gaps of no-such-luck. (I mostly fight trash mobs as most of my characters are starters.)

My new Shadow Warrior had no luck on the start island (I was shocked to discover he got 0 drops on the start island)... and has had rather bad luck dropping sets from either the Griffen or the Boar. (The previous SW had 1 rare drop from the magic hiding spot on start island... and much better drops overall by level 50)

Despite the same test set---I think you're on to something here!

Way to go Furian!

Edited by FrostElfGuard