Editor for Fallen Angel 2.43 patch

After searching for hours to find and good Character Editor for Fallen Angel 2.43 patch, I finally came upon a very nice (under construction) one which offers a ton of features. I don't know if it is backwards compatible or able to work with Ice & Blood.

It's in .7z format so you'll need Winzip, which can be found here:

WinZip

I've scanned it via McAfee and found no viruses of any kind.

The Direct link to it is:

Character Editor

Source of the download and where updates are posted are here:

http://www.cheathappens.com/show_board2.as...p;titleID=14440

There are three applications inside the .7z file which is a decoder for the sacred 2 saves, and encoder to use the saves again and the Character Editor. To use it, just open up the "Sacred2CharacterEditor", open up the character you wish to edit. Which is found for Vista users under (Profile Name)/Saved Games/Ascaron Entertainment/Sacred 2/. Sorry, Xp/Win7 users, I don't have much experiance with those OS's. When done just goto File/Save Current, that's when the other two applications will kick on to finish the process. After that, go into the game and have fun!

I don't take any credit for this, just posting what I found, in hopes you guys and gals might find it useful. :whistle:

Enjoy!,

Ghost

• Like! 1

Update for the editor has been posted. Here's what all has been updated.

Karach0s

Hello all!

It has now come the time to release yet another version of the editor. I present to you version 0.9.0.0 with the following changes (as always - '+' means feature aded, '!' means feature fixed/modified):

+ added Expert Touch editing;

+ added French translation (by redgbreaker - still work in progress);

+ added Polish translation;

! fixed skin color bug;

! fixed "Experience not found" bug;

! changed some icons for a better looking ones;

! modified program to accept localized strings;

! modified program to remember last opened save location;

Links:

Editor (0.9.0.0): Link

Source (0.9.0.0): Link

Backups:

Editor (0.8.5.0): Link

Source (0.8.5.0): Link

As noted, redgbreaker still works on the French translation. Main strings are already covered, however some minor work still needs to be done. Lets all wish him good luck with the rest of translation.

A word for you, redgbreaker: could you clean some of your PM box? No really, 'cause I would like to send you a message, and if I write about 7, 8 chars, it says there is no more room in your inbox. Thanks in advance.

Works like a charm, and gotta admit, I've made couple of shortcuts. I really don't like about the idea to build a 60+ char from the scratch just 'cause I made a one litte mistake with a mod. :D Call me lazy or something.

I agree with Stormwing, it does ruin a game if you can become all-powerful so easilly. However it is great for changing and tweaking build ideas at higher levels without having to fight your way to level 100+ before you find that your ideas for the build do not work as you hoped. Once I know that a build is viable, then I start a new character

Being able to change out skills and CA modifications was wonderful. From what I played around with it, you can't give yourself items or runes but can edit money. I was able to use winzip, when I tried to just open it without anything installed (since I had to do a complete reimage of my laptop) Windows said to use Winzip, so I went with the Eval version. :whistle:

skillsb.jpg

casfc.jpg

Gentleman,

I have to intervene here and make a very important point.

I am seeing the word "Cheat" repeatedly, and I have to ask that we stop. This is a modification thread in the modification section of our forum. Please keep your comments to the subject, without being judgmental in how it is used by one individual or another.

We are all here to have fun and enjoy, and any mod or editor is accepted here at FDM. Judgments on there use which may steer the thread in a negative way are will not be allowed.

Thanks

locolagarto

Hi everyone, I'm here to go even further on loco's words regarding cheating. I have removed all references to it in this topic.

Cheating is a can of worms

... ew!

can%20of%20worms.jpg

and most of us here just want to play this game the way we want to. The mod team has families like everyone else here and we can only spend so much time moderating and going through threads...

Please have a little bit of mercy on us and our time that we commit to this forum :whistle:

Please do not discuss cheating or your point of view upon it on this thread. The modding is cool, the commentary is cool, discussion of the mod itself, how you use it, it can be improved upon... that's cool too.

Life's better sunny side up

:P

gogo

p.s. though if you want to ...you can discuss that can of worms.. :P

Gogo, there is no way to discuss that can of worms, only stating the obvious. Ewwwww :P

See?

Now everyone just wants to barf

misdirection at work

prestidigitator in da house

:whistle:

gogo

Is there on for Xbox 360 at all? I'd like to make a high level shopper and re do one my my characters mods and skills to change it's build. Now on my luck there isn't :D

Hey Ajaxduo,

I merged your XBOX topic for a save game editor with this one, since they are related topics.

Cheers

Is there on for Xbox 360 at all? I'd like to make a high level shopper and re do one my my characters mods and skills to change it's build. Now on my luck there isn't :D

This will not work for the XBOX as when the files are unpacked using something like offzip the information is in a different byte order can't remember which way round they are offhand but I think it's big endian for PC and little endian for XBOX. There might also be some qwerks for the XBOX format as well but don't really know about that. If there aren't in theory you may be able to recompile the source code for the Character Editor specifying a different endian format and getting rid of the use of the decoders, use it on the output from offzip and then repack you chars using packzip (this is just a theory though and probably would not work in practice). Otherwise I think you may be out of luck.

Hey Ajaxduo,

I merged your XBOX topic for a save game editor with this one, since they are related topics.

Cheers

Ah thank you I was wondering what happened to my topic lol ^^.

Oh thats a shame, I really wanted to switch up my build and get a shopper started but since I'm at work and a rather busy person I don't have much time for it :\

I done a little research though and I have found the odd couple of forum posts via google search with people who have modded their characters which were on Xbox 360, I just can't find what they used at all. Although there was one link Left 4 Modz SAIO scrolling down their is a premium editor supposedly for Sacred 2, guessing you have to pay for that though..

... ew!

can%20of%20worms.jpg

p.s. though if you want to ...you can discuss that can of worms.. :P

Gogo

If we can discuss this can of worms Gogo, shouldn't the thread be in the Dark Kitchen?

Yummy!

Thanks for posting about this editor.

This is just what I might need to get me re-interested in Sacred 2 again. ;)

My idea is to mod my single player builds to see if similar builds will be feasible to aim for to play online in HC.

This is just what I might need to get me re-interested in Sacred 2 again. :)

My idea is to mod my single player builds to see if similar builds will be feasible to aim for to play online in HC.

Brilliant for this exact purpose, saves literally hours of time or 'altering' other game files to achieve this quickly like the balance.txt file.

And I certainly hope it does create some interest for yourself in HC Sacred again :nooo:

• 1 month later...

has anyone had problems useing this, my computer says file not found, when it gves me the opyion to pick which save game, and when I clik on a one it then says file not found:) any help

Edited by caolan1478
Is there on for Xbox 360 at all? I'd like to make a high level shopper and re do one my my characters mods and skills to change it's build. Now on my luck there isn't :)

Yes, it is called SAIO and here it is :blink:

http://www.left4modz.com/forums/index.php?app=portal

There is a movie on Youtube showing you how to use it here

To MOD Sacred 2 you need the premium version, it's not free and I don't know the price.

Edited by Gordius

LOL! Hi

The editor is neat for other reasons. Testing out modifications. When I have too start from fresh too see changes, this comes in handy only for beta testing reasons.

Edited by locolagarto
  • 1 year later...

This is an amazing tool and it even works on version 2.40, which is quite stable and preferable to to 2.43. One question. The hair color has a hex code and a swatch for color but the skin color is just a slider. Without touching the slider my seraphim's skin is now a green tint! DO you know where to set the slider for the original skin color? I tried both ends of the bar to no effect. I'm hoping that someone may know so that I can save relaunching the game 100 times. Thanks!