Editor for Fallen Angel 2.43 patch

I started playing Sacred 2 again after buying it on steam and feeling nostalgic to have another go (managed to fully update it to 2.52.2 I+B with the 1.30 community patch), and stuck to playing my favorite character, a lost fusion utility TG.

I found a few mods through this forum, firstly a level 200 unskilled save game for every character type, which I used to play with the skill points on a level 200 TG, and realized that mine were all completely wrong and I would either need to start again which would have meant another early rage quit, but fortunately I found a save game editor so I managed to simply fix my stats:

Nekkid stats and my shiny loot so far:

sacred2character.th.png

Bargaining / Blacksmithing suit:

sacred2character2.th.png

Farming gear:

sacred2character3.th.png

This was a brand new but funded from my previous (and from selling equipment from the level 200 character downloads, cheeky cheeky), with all my previous loot and equipment deleted including a Nloaves Mystery staff because I wanted to start with nothing but funding for bargaining + blacksmithing.

The combat arts are correctly modified for tanking and defense, with my main attacks being:

Dedicated blow > Jolting Touch for single yellow enemies (Payback > Self repair > Shelter, unmodded DB), which will later be updated to Dedicated Blow > Jolting Touch > Deathly Spears when I take Combat Dicipline at level 65.

Furious Emblazer > Amplifying Discharge for mob killing (eventually upgraded to Immolation / Incapacitate / Burnout and Ricochet / Ricochet / Ice Bullets)

Archimedes Beam > Jolting Touch for boss killing (eventually Bundle > Intent > Shelter, which along with JT, Combat Alert, and T Energy Shroud should be near invincible tanky tanky).

I will eventually want 75 points in Devout Guardian Focus for fully modded T Energy Shroud, Combat Discipline and Deathly Spears, 200 points in Lost Fusion Lore, Bargaining and Enhanced Perception, 75 points in Warding energy Lore and Combat Dicipline, and then I dont know how to develop the rest.

At level 45 I take Warding Energy Lore, and at level 65 Combat Discipline. The latest patch adds Ancient Magic to the TG, but I want Combat Discipline so I can place 3-4 CAs into each combo, and it seems to add a bigger %age bonus to damage than Ancient Magic does.

Edited by bhav

Some would consider it cheating, but all I used it for was to redistribute my skill points. I had put 10 points into blacksmithing and 15 into armour lore, plus a few in Lost Fusion Lore, none of which were needed and would stop me from reaching the end stats I want.

I need 75 points in Lost Fusion Focus, Bargaining, Enhanced Perception, Devout Guardian Lore and Warding Energy Lore before increasing any of the other skills, and I never get my point distribution right.

• 1 month later...

Ooo hello people!

I dug up my old sign in information :) Recently started playing S@ again and since I suck and broke all the characters I had... this topic was a revalation! and much needed ;)

But I even suck at using editors it seems :( need a guide to use the editor so I can follow a guide for the character.... why do I love gaming so much when I am not good at it ....

I was following the Sohei guide from chattius. And took dragon magic focus (giving points for modification) and that worked!

Incresed the mentalist focus (which also gave points) but that part broke. In game I cant use any mod and in the editor it says minus 3. And I cant seem to edit that.

Anyone got clues?

Edit:

seems I modded something else already and forgot/ didnt notice

Edited by Denna1984
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This rocks my socks. I used it to remove the bronze mod on the Dragon Mage's familiar that causes the bug with mentor potions and statues. I'm so glad I found this. Would be happier if I had found it before I spent an hour trying to edit my save with the hex-editor method though. :sweating:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm on my phone at the moment. Is this link and editor still viable? Just curious if anyone knows if everything still works or if they're is another editor available.

Thanks

cheers

• 1 year later...

After searching for hours to find and good Character Editor for Fallen Angel 2.43 patch, I finally came upon a very nice (under construction) one which offers a ton of features. I don't know if it is backwards compatible or able to work with Ice & Blood.

It's in .7z format so you'll need Winzip, which can be found here:

WinZip

I've scanned it via McAfee and found no viruses of any kind.

The Direct link to it is:

Character Editor

Source of the download and where updates are posted are here:

http://www.cheathappens.com/show_board2.as...p;titleID=14440

There are three applications inside the .7z file which is a decoder for the sacred 2 saves, and encoder to use the saves again and the Character Editor. To use it, just open up the "Sacred2CharacterEditor", open up the character you wish to edit. Which is found for Vista users under (Profile Name)/Saved Games/Ascaron Entertainment/Sacred 2/. Sorry, Xp/Win7 users, I don't have much experiance with those OS's. When done just goto File/Save Current, that's when the other two applications will kick on to finish the process. After that, go into the game and have fun!

I don't take any credit for this, just posting what I found, in hopes you guys and gals might find it useful. :whistle:

Enjoy!,

Ghost

So I tried this out, went into the editor, changed some things, saved and closed it. But in the game there were no changes I applied, but they were still present in the editor when I opened it again. Any ideas what is wrong?