Torchlight 2 - New ingame Video June 30th

omg im deffetly gonna buy this one when it comes out. I have the first one and its so great I had a max level battlemage summoner on hardcore and the hardets difficulty its just a sexy game

Game environment is looking pretty medium-fare (Nothing out there beats Sacred 2 yet) BUT.. because we're getting a poorer rendered world, the Combat Arts and game play execution look wonderful.

This is what really draws me into a game first. How Magic looks, executes on screen, creativity with synergy and, how bodies blow up :crayzy:

I see MP here... this could be an interesting stand in for us will Sacred 3 gets here?

:)

gogo

Could really be a nice, snack-like game. Much like the original TL. From the trailer looks really comp-friendly, like original one.

If I ever get a better connection, this could be a nice one to try in MP. Nowadays my lag would kill me...

• 3 months later...

I've been waiting for this game since it was announced, because I liked the original Torchlight but really missed co-op. All trailers look good, so I'll definitely pick the game as soon as it'd be released. The question is whether or not they finally announced a release date. They keep telling about 'July 2011', but I saw nothing more precise this far. I start to suspect that the release might be delayed.

I know..it's so disheartening...I was reading the Runic Games Faq and saw the dates... but till then, guys check out the Armor Sets Video yum yum!

:bounce:

gogo

• 1 month later...

Class information!

Outlander(Glaive looks awesome!)

http://www.torchlight2game.com/about/outlander

Berserker(GGGGGGGWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRR! Getting into character!)

http://www.torchlight2game.com/about/berserker

Engineer(Battletechnomage?)

http://www.torchlight2game.com/about/engineer

Embermage(Why one word and not a compound word - Ember Mage?)

http://www.torchlight2game.com/about/embermage

Deffo one to get. I really liked the original TL, though the loading time was hidous due to huge list of mods in use. :P

Also, if the price is just that in start, it'll be really economic. ^^

Nice heads up, Grayestone. Almost forgot this one is comming along. :blush:

You're welcome. On top of picking gender, there is also this(Bold Italic Part)-

Players will create and customize a character from one of four brand new classes. Each class can be played as either male or female, with customized cosmetic features and looks to make each individual character stand out. All new skills and loot give loads of opportunity for unique character builds.

Guessing face, skin, and hopefully height and weight?

• 7 months later...

Bumping this topic to tell the pre-orders have started on Steam. If you pre-order the game, you will get Torchlight 1 for free!

Max

I already own Torchlight 1, but I'm definitely purchasing a retail copy of Torchlight 2 as soon as it's released.

Here's a couple of screenshots I put together of one of my favorite modded characters in TL1, 'The Vindicator:'

(The armor is also modded)

'The Vindicator Collage'

2wrdbbq.jpg

'Vindicator Assassin Front Back Side Views'

1zcl1f8.jpg

Gogo: Well, at least we're not going to run out if games to play very fast. :P Only got so many hours a day...

Omni: Nice looking ones. :thumbsup: Kinda makes me want to resurrect my copy one of these days, whenever there's some free time. :P

Gogo: Well, at least we're not going to run out if games to play very fast. :P Only got so many hours a day...

Omni: Nice looking ones. :thumbsup: Kinda makes me want to resurrect my copy one of these days, whenever there's some free time. :P

Hey thanks, Storm. Ya know, TL2 will probably be out before you resurrect your copy of TL1. My problem is I'm such a late starter on games (I live in a cave, remember?) that I've got a lot of catching up to do. I never even finished Sacred 1 even though I think it's a cool game (other than the inventory over-loaded loot drops). I think the allure of Sacred 2's graphics-candy pulled me away from it prematurely, and the fact that you can sell loot on the run. I still have yet to finish Sacred 2 with a single character, and I've got Titan Quest Gold sitting in my desk drawer unopened. Then of course we've got Torchlight 2 on its way...So many games, so little time. :heat:

I don't even want to think about where I'm going to find time to mess with Diablo 3.

I don't even want to think about where I'm going to find time to mess with Diablo 3.

Somehow I suspect you, and every one else out there in gaming land, will somehow find the time for D3 ;)

I already own Torchlight 1, but I'm definitely purchasing a retail copy of Torchlight 2 as soon as it's released.

Here's a couple of screenshots I put together of one of my favorite modded characters in TL1, 'The Vindicator:'

(The armor is also modded)

'The Vindicator Collage'

2wrdbbq.jpg

'Vindicator Assassin Front Back Side Views'

1zcl1f8.jpg

They're beautiful. I always thought the models for this game were first class, this photo shoot does them justice

:)

gogo

Oh my god, another game... I'm already stuffed with diablo 3 and guild wars 2 though

:blink:

gogo

I can't imagine how you expect to play both :Just_Cuz_21:

Maybe D3 until GW2 comes out...

Edited by Antitrust

Looks like I'll have to find time to play this game too. I received this game (as a gift) from a friend via Steam (wasn't expecting that at all). That's another game I'll follow closely.

Max

Edited by Flooxim
  • 3 weeks later...

Got into Torchlight 2 Beta. . .and what a game even if it still in development mode. If you think TL2 is going to be easy like TL1, guess again. Runic said Torchlight 2's Normal Mode will be like Torchlight 1's Hard Mode and they weren't kidding. A lot of things that made TL1 too easy like combining gems into better ones are (so far) not in TL2.

TL2 offers Offline Single Play, LAN/Multiplayer Co-op up to six players. Areas with a session can be flagged for PvP. There are still a lot of balancing issues that need to fixed. The Outlander and Embermage are way too much like Glass in the higher difficulties(veteran/elite). For 2H Weapon Fans, the Engineer is made for it while Dual Wielding is for the Beserker. The Outlander is Range and Embermage is Magic. All maps are randomized with each New Game.

The Skills are unique and a lot are unheard of in ARPG games.

Pre-Ordering - If you pre-order through Perfect World, you can get access to their closed beta for Neverwinter. There's still time to try to get into TL2's Beta by following these instructions-

http://forums.runicgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=21846

Right now Beta is limited to Multiplayer Co-op but a person can still solo play.

Level Cap is at 21 for Beta. 100 Level cap for when the game ships. However with modding someone will no doubt make the cap much higher. There's mod for TL1 that makes the level cap 999.

Edited by Graeystone