Almost Godlike / Arena Above the Clouds? HELP!

Ok, if its not the cisacred mod then its Ice and Blood...I must have forgotten what the gui looks like by default...whoops :D So yeah, you have the expansion installed, they must have changed how it works.

Hmmm.. So the Ice and Blood expansion drops a whole world of FUGLY on Sacred 2...? And removes the Chain Quest feature..? Hmmm.. You'd think developers would make things BETTER as time goes along, not worse.

Hmmm.. So the Ice and Blood expansion drops a whole world of FUGLY on Sacred 2...? And removes the Chain Quest feature..? Hmmm.. You'd think developers would make things BETTER as time goes along, not worse.

How can I have something I didn't install installed? O.o

I didn't know I had that expansion, but if you say so, I my have. xD

Yes I'm a n00b o3o

Do you have sacred 2 gold Ines? If so that includes the original and the expansion.

It doesn't remove the quest chain feature wolfie, infact it adds quite alot of them. It just may have broken a few of them in the process of fixing them. As to the looks I guess it just comes down to personal opinion.

Well.. Hopefully she will be back to give us an update once her computer's back and running. And hopefully the whole hacker thing hasn't scared her off.

Hacker thing? What thing? O.o

I HAVE MY PC BACK! Wohoo! I can't find the version when the silly message appears, though. :/

PS.: I'm sorry I hadn't replied, I didn't recieve the e-mails for some reason.

Do you have sacred 2 gold Ines? If so that includes the original and the expansion.

It doesn't remove the quest chain feature wolfie, infact it adds quite alot of them. It just may have broken a few of them in the process of fixing them. As to the looks I guess it just comes down to personal opinion.

If I do, then the DVD box doesn't say so.

Well.. Hopefully she will be back to give us an update once her computer's back and running. And hopefully the whole hacker thing hasn't scared her off.

I HAVE MY PC BACK! Wohoo! I can't find the version when the silly message appears, though. :/

IF you press page up it should scroll that screen up past the silly message, alternatively it should display it when you first load sacred, underneath the sacred logo. Alternatively, if you right click on the actual Sacred2.exe file, select properties and then move to the details window it should tell you the version there.

PS.: I'm sorry I hadn't replied, I didn't recieve the e-mails for some reason.

Ah.. You missed the whole thing. Darkmatters got hacked last week. Some Turkish skript kiddie took down the server and it took a few days to recover. Notice there are some missing posts on this thread? That's because they weren't on the last good backup.

VERY cool on getting your PC back.

The version number as Dragon Brother said - that's on the very first line where the silly message appears. It should read something like:

Sacred 2 version 2.43 build 1671

If I do, then the DVD box doesn't say so.

If you visit the Sacred 3 site, on the right hand side, there's a picture of each of the 3 editions of Sacred 2 that are currently available for the PC . Which box does yours look like?

kk...definitely plain old fallen angel. The teleport button may have been something that they implemented in a patch...you should consider patching to 2.43. Theres a fair amount of extra content and bug fixes.

Aye, Captan!

Thank you SO much for your help! :D

kk...definitely plain old fallen angel. The teleport button may have been something that they implemented in a patch...you should consider patching to 2.43. Theres a fair amount of extra content and bug fixes.

Aye, Captan!

Thank you SO much for your help! :D

Welp.. Don't thank him yet... There are a couple of patches to grab and some of them are HUGE!

First visit here and get yourself up to 2.40.

The cumulative patch getting you to 2.40 can be as big as a 1 GB. It can take some time to download.

Then you'll need the 2.40 to 2.43 patch which can be gotten here.

At least, this one isn't too huge. It's only 48.5 MB.

Be sure to get the one that matches the local version of the game you've got installed.

Welp.. Don't thank him yet... There are a couple of patches to grab and some of them are HUGE!

First visit here and get yourself up to 2.40.

The cumulative patch getting you to 2.40 can be as big as a 1 GB. It can take some time to download.

Then you'll need the 2.40 to 2.43 patch which can be gotten here.

At least, this one isn't too huge. It's only 48.5 MB.

Be sure to get the one that matches the local version of the game you've got installed.

Awkay... 1h to finish the download. D:

Thank you both. :(

I love you :D

Awkay... 1h to finish the download. D:

Thank you both. :)

I love you :D

Awww...Pshaw..! Twas nothing.. But you're welcome never the less.. :blush:

Good thing you've got fast internet. If you were on dial-up, you might find yourself downloading the big cumulative patch for a month...

Once you're done downloading and installing the patches - check your game and let us know if it cleared up any problems...

Edited by wolfie2kX

Good thing you've got fast internet. If you were on dial-up, you might find yourself downloading the big cumulative patch for a month...

Once you're done downloading and installing the patches - check your game and let us know if it cleared up any problems...

Let's see... The quest log is different (yay!) and I failed at 3 missions already. Things are normal. x)

Thank you again! :D

Let's see... The quest log is different (yay!) and I failed at 3 missions already. Things are normal. x)

Thank you again! :D

Bummer about the failed missions.. But what bout the Arena in the Sky chain quest? Did you look there yet and did you find the teleport button?

Bummer about the failed missions.. But what bout the Arena in the Sky chain quest? Did you look there yet and did you find the teleport button?

Erm... I had to start it all over again. :/ I'm still in the very beggining.

Ack! At least, we're both now on the same version so you should be able to find the button when you get there! Good Luck and have fun!

• 8 years later...

hi all
I don't know whether anyone reads this forum much anymore or not but, I just lost 80.4% survival bonus on my dryad because as soon as I talk to the seraphim in the arena to summon the second lot of demons on this quest. they killed me whilst the camera was still panning back out - I.e. BEFORE I can move. 25+ years of gaming I think I now understand why people 'rage quit'.

I've build a glass cannon. She's my first 'proper' character after a quick trial of different dryad build and other classes (level's 1-10 mostly), and she just waltzes through everything in sight until this. Christmas Island wasn't a problem. The bosses in campaing so far haven't been a problem (including the ice dragon thing with the statues you have to bash - I went to the wrong seraphim place by mistake) but I can't fight whilst disabled by the game. I have to admit to feeling a bit peeved... Is there any way to change the game to prevent my toon being disabled whilst talking to NPCs?

I know I can't re-do the quest until she goes up a difficulty - I checked it out after I failed a quest to hunt some wolves not realising it had to be done straight away - but I don't fancy another 80+ levels worth of grinding to die on this fight again.
(I know I could build a second set of gear just for this so that I can survive long enough to be able to move, but that kinda feels like overkill given that I can survive well enough when I'm actually in control of the toon so if there's a way to disable the paralysis thing I'd prefer that).
I just suppose it's a good thing she wasn't a HC toon, especially as we like to kill everything in sight + do every quest we can find.

thakns in advance for any response :) and good hunting

oh, I'm using the CM patch, with an add-on for more mobs.
Shows as build Sacred 2 EE 2.1 Original Spells I think, when I boot game. Plus the last CM patch.
Can't remember the actual name of the mod atm, but I imagine it'll be well enough known after all these years!

Hello.  The best way to avoid this is to zoom in when talking to characters when you're about to start a fight. Then it doesn't take any time for the camera to auto-zoom out.  You can move immediately.

You'll regain the first 50% of the Survival Bonus fairly quickly.  It's only around 70% when it really starts to slow down.

You may also adjust the sliders under Camera/Gameplay/Options. You can test it on a Merchant first and see if the camera behaves the way you want and then set the sliders to the same positions before engaging next time. There is a guide to adjusting camera settings to your own personal preferences here: Guide to Customizing the Sacred 2 Camera View and optionsCustom txt

• Thanks! 1
  • 3 years later...

This quest is fun, shame you can not farm it. Is there a way to edit it so it will show up in free play? Or to reset quest state as if you had never started it and run it over and over? Basically is there any way to make this infinitely repeatable.

It'd be like the orc cave without all the loading screen.

Edited by narumsin
4 hours ago, narumsin said:

This quest is fun, shame you can not farm it. Is there a way to edit it so it will show up in free play? Or to reset quest state as if you had never started it and run it over and over? Basically is there any way to make this infinitely repeatable.

It'd be like the orc cave without all the loading screen.

Hello! I have introduced an optional module into Enhanced Edition called "Free-For-All" that allows every quest to show up in every game mode, including free play, and to be infinitely repeatable in free play mode.

You would need the full mod though and not just the optional module.

• Thanks! 1