Guess the movie from the screenshot!

It is either that or The Mummy Returns, definitely one of those two.

If I'm not completely wrong, the falcon didn't appear until the second movie, The mammy returns. :P

yes, you're right about the easy one and the medium one..

The hard one is made in 1949..there is a famous book with the same name as the movie. One of my fav authors - a woman.

I'll have one guess at the hard film, as I don't really know. I'll try :- The Accused ?

Steve. :)

Hard:

My wife says 'Ein Mann wie Sprengstoff' with Gary Cooper about an architect. English: The Fountainhead ?

Hard:

An easy one for germans, a bit harder for others. One of the best comedies and satirics ever. Sadly the movie was banned from cinema's for 20 years because of an political event which happened shortly after the movie was done. Noe it is run a lot at german re-union day in TV.

0109_2.jpg

Edited by chattius

Hard:

My wife says 'Ein Mann wie Sprengstoff' with Gary Cooper about an architect. English: The Fountainhead ?

Yes.The author of the book is Ayn Rand

I can't figure out your hard movie suggestion

Hard:

Yes.The author of the book is Ayn Rand

I can't figure out your hard movie suggestion

I would have been here till new year 2012 and still not got that !? :Just_Cuz_21:

As for the new hard movie, hmmm. It's James Cagney in the middle, but I don't know the others.

I'll guess 'G' Men for Chattius' hard movie option ?

A little tipp:

It was Cagneys last real movie.

It plays in Berlin before the wall, but the wall was build while the filming. That made the movie flop at cinema's. A comedy about capitalism and communism and then the wall was build. German's didn't like it at this time because of the wall, americans didn't like it because it was a time when all communism was bad and capitalism good by definition, communists didn't like it because an ultra communist turns into an ultra capitalist in days, ...

The movie became popular in germany after re-union. More time distance to the early sixties, new generation had no longer experience with the Nazi's, Hoover no longer doing a communist hunt in USA,... So 30 years later people could enjoy the movie as what it is: A great satiric comedy and a big collection of eastereggs from other movies.

The actress on the picture is the swiss Liselotte 'Lilo' Pulver. She played in a lot of mainly german comedies and a TV series of kids. Her first international movie was: A Time to Love and a Time to Die (1958). A movie based on a story from Erich Maria Remarque (Im Westen nichts Neues = All Quiet on the Western Front, Der Funke Leben = The Spark of Life...). We had to read 'The Spark of Life' when we were 16 at school. It is settled in a concentration camp and the hero is trying to survive.

The movie is on my Top10 of the FECAL MATTER! happens list:

David Haselhoff doing a pay TV concert at his own financial risc, and the very same moment the concert starts O J Simpson flees from the police and whole america is watching the hunt.

A local band Juli doing a fantastic song 'Die perfekte Welle' about love coming to you as the perfect wave to surf on, and when 3 weeks at number one the Tsunami in Indonesia killed millions and no radio station played the song anymore.

The above movie which flopped because of the building of the Berlin Wall.

Edited by chattius

A little tipp:

It was Cagneys last real movie.

It plays in Berlin before the wall, but the wall was build while the filming. That made the movie flop at cinema's. A comedy about capitalism and communism and then the wall was build. German's didn't like it at this time because of the wall, americans didn't like it because it was a time when all communism was bad and capitalism good by definition, communists didn't like it because an ultra communist turns into an ultra capitalist in days, ...

The movie became popular in germany after re-union. More time distance to the early sixties, new generation had no longer experience with the Nazi's, Hoover no longer doing a communist hunt in USA,... So 30 years later people could enjoy the movie as what it is: A great satiric comedy and a big collection of eastereggs from other movies.

The actress on the picture is the swiss Liselotte 'Lilo' Pulver. She played in a lot of mainly german comedies and a TV series of kids. Her first international movie was: A Time to Love and a Time to Die (1958). A movie based on a story from Erich Maria Remarque (Im Westen nichts Neues = All Quiet on the Western Front, Der Funke Leben = The Spark of Life...). We had to read 'The Spark of Life' when we were 16 at school. It is settled in a concentration camp and the hero is trying to survive.

The movie is on my Top10 of the FECAL MATTER! happens list:

David Haselhoff doing a pay TV concert at his own financial risc, and the very same moment the concert starts O J Simpson flees from the police and whole america is watching the hunt.

A local band Juli doing a fantastic song 'Die perfekte Welle' about love coming to you as the perfect wave to surf on, and when 3 weeks at number one the Tsunami in Indonesia killed millions and no radio station played the song anymore.

The above movie which flopped because of the building of the Berlin Wall.

Well.. With a clue like that it can only be "One, Two, Three" - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0055256/

It's about the Coca-Cola company's man in West Berlin who might get fired if he can't keep his boss' daughter from getting hitch to a flaming communist... Yah.. I can see that NOT going over very well at the time...

Easy: Kick-Ass

Hard: No clue. Looks like a cute cartoon though ^^

Eh.. Easy was WAAAY to easy.. Let's see if anyone can identify the other.. It's not such a cute toon... It's defintely R rated...

A blonde with an eyepatch in a cartoon: El Superbeasto?

I thought this would be only a decade long project by Rob Zombie and no real movie. But on the other side, if I watch movies at cinema it are exclusively kid movies so I may be way behind.

Seemed I was wrong:

Link with trailer

Edited by chattius