Guess the movie from the screenshot!

A blonde with an eyepatch in a cartoon: El Superbeasto?

I thought this would be only a decade long project by Rob Zombie and no real movie. But on the other side, if I watch movies at cinema it are exclusively kid movies so I may be way behind.

Seemed I was wrong:

Link with trailer

DING DING DING - You got it... Didn't think it'd go so quickly... Go for it...

Btw.. It's a very funny, if a bit sick and twisted kind of movie. But you probably already knew that from the trailer, if nothing else.

Go for it. The last movies I was looking were german ones for kids. So even 2 million germans were seeing it at cinema I doubt that anyone else would know it.

I'm actually amazed in a way - some of the bad guys running around in this flick are Zombie Nazi soldiers.. I thought the German government heavily frowned on depictions of Nazis, Adolf Hitler and the like... Even if they're portrayed as retarded zombies...

Oh.. And I'm not entirely sure El Superbeasto ever really made it to the cinemas.. I caught it on DVD myself. It may be a cartoon - but it's NOT kid friendly by any stretch of the imagination. Best enjoyed on a late night after they've hit the sack. Not entirely sure it would appeal to women either. It is rather sexist - even if it is in a rather amusing way.

@ Sirius

OK.. Your turn...

Edited by wolfie2kX

No I was speaking about the german kid movie: close to 6 million people in cinema, best selling DVD (compared to all movies sold in germany), but I doubt that anyone outside german speaking countries would have known it. But last I heard was that there will be an american remake.

German laws (remains from after war laws done by the allies) forbids showing the Hakenkreuz (cross with hooks, swastika) if it is not needed for historical correctness. Superbeasto is no movie going for historical correctness (it is a cartoon) and would have troubles.

So people who know the german laws did strange stuff in their movies like:

hooked triangles, reversed swastika, ...

The laws sometimes were interpredet in such a way that even satiric or totally different use was forbidden.

100px-Hakenkreuz_im_Verbotsschild.svg.png

A student who did papers against nazi's was put to court for using something like the above image. He had the problem that the red in his version was not fully covering the black of the swastika below. The wiki version of the picture is, so I can post it without fear from germany.

Edited by chattius

Oh.. And I'm not entirely sure El Superbeasto ever really made it to the cinemas.. I caught it on DVD myself. It may be a cartoon - but it's NOT kid friendly by any stretch of the imagination. Best enjoyed on a late night after they've hit the sack. Not entirely sure it would appeal to women either. It is rather sexist - even if it is in a rather amusing way.

That's what I mean with cute cartoon ;)

Easy:

Film75.jpg

Medium:

Film76.jpg

Hard:

Film73-2.png

(I know they're not too hard.)

Hello.

I will guess this :-

Easy - Batman.

Medium - Raiders of the lost ark.

Hard - A clockwork orange.

Steve.

All are correct,

Brilliant movies all of them.

Take it away, Steve.

• 3 weeks later...

Wolfen was 1981 and it is mainly around a church and a place full of rubble, not seen for a dozen years I think.

So not really sure at the moment what this movie is.

Wolfie, wrong answer ;)

Wolfen looks cool, Chattius.

Second hint:

It's a russian movie

I took this movie for the song (the movie is good, was called science fiction when it came out, now transatlantic flights are common). A good friend from my glider flight club died to cancer last year and he would have had birthday tomorrow. He could imitate the actor of this movie and how he performed the song and often performed it at flight club meetings. The movie has a lot of old airplanes: first picture shows a Dornier_Do_X, the third a variant of the Junkers_W_33, the plane which did the very first atlantic crossing in east to west direction. Then there are is a Junkers_G_38, biggest land plane at this time, ..

vlcsnap-21062.png

vlcsnap-21169.png

3615378535_c85d5817da_o.jpg

Scooter robbed the melody

Extrabreit made a punk version

And this is the original

• 2 weeks later...