Missing Text in Sacred 2

Hi

This is my first post on the forums but I have been a reader for some time. I also have had sacred and sacred2. I followed purchased sacred gold using the links above and installed using the guide provided, wanting to have an full INT/UK version. My issue is now there is no text in my tooltip and only the main tabs in the main menu has any text. Needless to say this is a bit disconcerting. I hope I wont have to re-download the whole install as it took me the whole night to do it the first time. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

First of all, thanks for the welcome locolagarto and gogoblender!

I do indeed plan on playing online in the near future, most likely with a bargaining character or two in an attempt to set up a tiered "Shopping Network" as has been recommended on the Wiki.

Secondly, in response to pchefkent, could you tell me how you did your installation step-by-step?

In my case, after the download finished, I ran the installation as follows:

-Ran the Sacred2_FallenAngel_edsr_e.exe file to install the base game.

-Proceeded to run the UK-INT 2.40 patch. This is pretty hefty download, and will also take quite some time to install.

-Additionally, I installed the UK 2.40 to 2.43 patch.

-With the base game patched fully, I then proceeded to run the Sacred2-IceAndBlood_edsr_e.exe to install the expansion, which brings the game version up to 2.64.0.0.

-Ran the UK 2.64 to 2.65.1.0 patch.

-There's also a UK 2.65.1.0 to 2.65.2.0 patch that's available.

In my case, I had no issues with the game after following these steps.

Should it not be an installation issue, then I'm afraid that I'll have to defer to some of the more experienced members of these boards. I myself am very new to this game, and as such I'm unable to offer any technical advice beyond the installation process.

Hopefully, you'll have your problems solved expediently :whistle:

I pretty much did the same steps except for the 2.40 to 2.43 and 2.65.1.0 to 2.65.2.0 patches. I Followed loco's guide in this thread. It may be that I have a bad dl. Now I dont know if I can re-dl the whole thing without a repurchase. I may try the US to UK fix since I have the US release and the INT release of Ice and Blood which I snagged while on vacation. Thanks for the response

Edited by pchefkent

g

I pretty much did the same steps except for the 2.40 to 2.43 and 2.65.1.0 to 2.65.2.0 patches. I Followed loco's guide in this thread. It may be that I have a bad dl. Now I dont know if I can re-dl the whole thing without a repurchase. I may try the US to UK fix since I have the US release and the INT release of Ice and Blood which I snagged while on vacation. Thanks for the response

Sorry I missed your first post. Welcome to Dark Matters!

So it appears the install finished but you have only some of the text?

Did you uninstall the us version before installing the UK version?

It may be the locale folder.

I recommended a complete uninstall and removal of all instances of sacred2 and the a fresh install. We'll see if schot is around as he has had a bit of experience with both us and UK versions. But we will get you going soon.

Cheers

Thanks for the welcome.

I sorta uninstalled the US version tho some remnants of it may have been left behind, I forgot that the uninstaller/installer freezes if you have mods, so I deleted it using the add/remove programs function of windows xp. Then I did a registry clean using a third party cleaner. Currently I did a fresh US install and did the US to UK fix. Then I did an install of Ice and Blood. It seems to be working, but I have not been asked to activate it, although I have not tried to go the expansion areas. I have seen some expansion items tho. Keeping my fingers crossed :sigh:

Hey there pchefkent and welcome. :)

There's a few things you could check to fix that missing text problem:

1. Registry:

In Vista/Win 7 type into the Windows Start search field "regedit" and click on the first result. Then click on the folder icons in the left pane of the window following the below path:
    • 32Bit Windows HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE → SOFTWARE → Ascaron Entertainment → Sacred 2
      or
    • 64Bit Windows HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE → SOFTWARE → Wow6432Node → Ascaron Entertainment → Sacred 2
    • Click on the Sacred 2 folder
    • Look in the right side panel near the top and check the values for Language and Speech. If their values are en_US then change them from en_US to en_UK. To change their values just double click on the names; so double click on the word Language and then in the text field change en_US to en_UK; then do the same for Speech.

[*]Check/Rename Language Folder:

Check to see if the language folder for Sacred 2 is properly named. It should be en_UK. If it is en_US then rename it to en_UK. The contents of the folder should amount to approximately 1.78 GB in file size.

• 32Bit Windows C:\Program Files\Deep Silver\Sacred 2 - Fallen Angel\locale
    or
  • 64Bit Windows C:\Program Files (x86)\Deep Silver\Sacred 2 - Fallen Angel\locale

[*]Specify language choice in optionsCustom:

• Create a new file called optionsCustom.txt in your folder:
    • 32Bit Windows C:\Documents and Settings\<YOUR_USER_NAME>\Local Settings\Application Data\Ascaron Entertainment\Sacred 2
      or
    • 64Bit Windows C:\Users\<YOUR_USER_NAME>\AppData\Local\Ascaron Entertainment\Sacred 2

[*]Inside optionsCustom.txt file put in and save:

locale.language = "en_UK"
    locale.speech = "en_UK"

Check those 3 possibilities and hopefully one of them will clear up your problem. :)

• 1 month later...

I am still experiencing this problem even after all the changes you suggested.

I am running Sacred 2 Gold edition. I just downloaded it last night and installed it today.

EDIT: I just had to reboot my computer and the fields were filled in.

Edited by Adventus