Greetings from Down Under

G'Day Mate!

Apparently I registered here on Dark Matters back in 2008, but I've only just rediscovered this site when I was searching for a build guide.

I live in Sydney, and I first bought Sacred when I'd started to wean myself off Diablo 2.

(I could have started this post by saying. "Hi. My name is Bluebehir. I'm a Diablo addict. I haven't played Diablo in almost 12 months now.")

I enjoyed many aspects of Sacred, but got frustrated by the frequency of bugs encountered in the main quest and the side quests.

My main characters in Sacred were the Seraphim and the Dark Elf, although they didn't achieve much.

I think, though, that my girlfriend enjoyed the game more than I did, although with the same frustrations.

Between us, we bought two copies of the game when it first came out, and the gold edition, and the expansion - so four copies in all!

I enjoyed the game enough that I purchased Sacred 2 on its release.

After I had played a short while, I encouraged 2 of my friends to buy the game (it didn't take much effort) and we three networked some characters online. But they tired of their characters and thus the game, and soon after I tired of the single player experience, and also stopped playing.

When Ice and Blood was released, I searched for a copy to purchase, but none were available. For a while I gave up looking for it.

In the end, I purchased it online for my gf's birthday present and downloaded it.

That was very recently.

My best character is my Seraphim. She's only level 105, she's in niob. I also have a shadow warrior and a dryad that have levelled to about 40-50.

I took my Seraphim into one of the new areas in Ice and Blood, in niob, and she was handed pieces of her anatomy on silver wing fragments.

So I decided that this wasn't cool, and I decided to try an Inquisitor. I plan to have one reasonable build of each character. I doubt they'll ever get to 200 though.

At level 12, the first main boss laughs at the self righteous but puny inquisitor, so I decided to see what help I could get online :D

I've found an inquisitor build I think I'll try, and I'll probably report back on my progress/problems/confusion.

My biggest problem with playing the game, I find, is building the courage to commit points to skills and attributes. I usually walk around completely skill free until I can't improve any further without them!

Thanks for reading, and I look forward to learning as I look through the seemingly endless info available here.

Nice intro Damien, another aussie join us :D

Its always seems tough deciding where to put skill points in this game, but you miss out on alot by not doing so, CA mod points being the greatest loss...sometimes you gotta take the plunge.

Hi Bluebehir....another Sydneyite :)

I also have a level 105 in niob (Icy High Elf) and I also have the Ice and Blood expansion.

Do you play on the HC closed servers?

I don't play much at all these days. Got a bit burned out after playing for hundreds of hours in the past. ;)

Even with the best internet service you will be lagging, the servers are hosted in Europe.

Firstly welcome to DarkMatters from a neighborly kiwi. I myself have found that I can play sorta ok from New Zealand with acceptable lag. So I hope it works ok for yourself.

Even with the best internet service you will be lagging, the servers are hosted in Europe.

Firstly welcome to DarkMatters from a neighborly kiwi. I myself have found that I can play sorta ok from New Zealand with acceptable lag. So I hope it works ok for yourself.

My respect for all the Aussie Players that keep at this game. I only really realized how tough you guys had it when Stubbie posted the pings

:)

Like I said... my respect ;) It's cool that you guys still soldier on, and some of the Aussi players have plat toons.

Nice work guys

Extra Marmite for ye

:P

gogo

Extra Marmite for ye

Actually gogo I cant let that slip.........Marmite is an English product. ;)

Vegemite was an aussie icon but it has since been sold to American interests. :P

We do however have a product here that is truly still all aussie.

Its called Mightymite and I love the stuff! :)

I now return you to your normal programming..........

Extra Marmite for ye

Actually gogo I cant let that slip.........Marmite is an English product. ;)

Vegemite was an aussie icon but it has since been sold to American interests. :(

We do however have a product here that is truly still all aussie.

Its called Mightymite and I love the stuff! :P

I now return you to your normal programming..........

ha, setup!

I wish I had placed bets on that ... man, I love egging our downunderites with the veggie/marmite switch

wheeeee

:)

gogo

As long as you don't put jelly with my peanut butter, I'm ok with the marmite/vegemite switch. They both taste foul anyways!

For my peanut butter sandwiches, it's strawberry jam all the way!

As long as you don't put jelly with my peanut butter, I'm ok with the marmite/vegemite switch. They both taste foul anyways!

For my peanut butter sandwiches, it's strawberry jam all the way!

I always thought "Jelly" was just Yank Speak for Jam. :) Can anyone elaborate to what it is?

I'm sure this is TMI, but here ya go! Jelly vs Jam

How the US government defines them for labeling.

The difference among these spreads is largely one of consistency, and for the first three, standards are established by the Food and Drug Administration so consumers will know what they�re buying.

Jelly is a clear, bright product. It is generally made by cooking fruit juice and sugar with pectin as a jelling agent and lemon juice as an acid to maintain a consistent texture. Jelly is firm and will hold its shape (it �shakes�). Generally, jelly contains no pieces of fruit, although specialty jellies, like pepper jelly, may include pieces of jalape�o or other pepper.

Jam is made from crushed or chopped fruit cooked with sugar, and often pectin and lemon juice. Jam can be a pur�e of fruit or have a soft pulp, but it does not contain chunks of fruit.

Preserves are fruit cooked with sugar to the point where large chunks of fruit or whole fruit, such as berries, are suspended in a syrup base. The texture of preserves is not smooth like jelly or jam.

Marmalade is a soft jelly, often citrus-based, that includes both the flesh and peel of the fruit suspended throughout the jelly base. The bitterness of the peel offsets the sweetness of the jelly.

Conserve is a mixture of more than one fruit, often with added nuts and raisins, that is cooked until it becomes thick. It is used as a spread for breads, pastries and meats, and in the latter use is closest to chutney.

Chutney is a spiced condiment of Indian origin (chatni is the Hindi word for strongly spiced) made of fruit or vegetables. It is typically served as an accompaniment to food, not as a spread. The spice level can range from mild to hot, and the consistency from a fine relish to a preserve or conserve. Fruit chutney consists of chopped fruit, vinegar, spices and sugar cooked into a chunky sweet-tart-spicy mix: according to one explanation, it �blurs the Western distinction between preserves and pickles.�

Fruit Butter, such as apple butter or prune butter, is fruit pur�e or pulp combined with sugar, lemon juice and spices, slowly cooked down to a smooth consistency. The �butter� refers to its spreadability: there is no actual butter in the product.

Fruit Curd is a creamy spread made with sugar, eggs and butter, generally flavored with citrus juice and zest.

Fruit Spread is generally a reduced-calorie product made with fruit juice concentrate and low-calorie sweeteners replacing all or part of the sugar.

The short common sense versoin:

Jelly, jam and preserves are all made from fruit mixed with sugar and pectin. The difference between them comes in the form that the fruit takes.

In jelly, the fruit comes in the form of fruit juice.

In jam, the fruit comes in the form of fruit pulp or crushed fruit (and is less stiff than jelly as a result).

In preserves, the fruit comes in the form of chunks in a syrup or a jam.

Pectin is an indigestible carbohydrate (fiber). It is found in the cell walls of most fruit. When heated with sugar in water, it gels, giving jam, jelly and preserves their thickness.

Edited by kriv

But in Australia, jelly is gelatine crystals mixed with hot water (so they dissolve) then left to set in the fridge.

Flavours are included, fruit (generally) is not. Unless you get creative when you set the jelly in the fridge ;)