Messed up Quest?

On my way to Griffinborough, I came across the guy under the bridge with the sad tale of woe about his being kicked out of town and how his kid was getting hitched.

So I bopped back up onto the bridge and went across. For whatever reason, the game did NOT kick off the trigger when you get to the front of the guy's former house. So I bopped around to the back and clicked on the tree stump. Nothing happened. So I looked at the map - lo and behold, the quest indicator is still in front of the guy's house. So I go back, the game triggers and now I've got the indicator pointing at the tree stump.

The only problem is - the stump is now dead. It's no longer clickable. DOH!

Anyone got any ideas on how to revive this quest? Or is it permanently fubar?

It is snafu. :) This kind of thing always happens with those clickable triggers. When you click them before a prequest or condition is finished it is gone. Marcus has fixed this for many quests with the cm-patch, and I think he will be able to sort this out too. However without cm-patch, I think you have to forget that quest until the next difficulty.

I will tell marcus to have a looksie here. :)

Ack... :cry:

At the moment, all I've got is the US version - meaning I can't install Ice and Blood - and can't install the CM patch. Looks like it'll be close to the end of the month before I get the funds together to get the necessary version... Oh well. Guess I'm going to have to be very careful. And I suppose I can get through things with one fubared quest.

As a side note - just curious... Does the CM Patch actually fix that quest for that guy in the Merchant's house in Orcish Byway? The shady guy who wants to make you a deal you can't refuse - and you wind up in a field with a completed quest that you didn't really get any explanation for.

On my way to Griffinborough, I came across the guy under the bridge with the sad tale of woe about his being kicked out of town and how his kid was getting hitched.

So I bopped back up onto the bridge and went across. For whatever reason, the game did NOT kick off the trigger when you get to the front of the guy's former house. So I bopped around to the back and clicked on the tree stump. Nothing happened. So I looked at the map - lo and behold, the quest indicator is still in front of the guy's house. So I go back, the game triggers and now I've got the indicator pointing at the tree stump.

The only problem is - the stump is now dead. It's no longer clickable. DOH!

This was our first tracked problem in mantis: http://www.frankrentmeister.info/mantisbt/view.php?id=1

Solved since version 0058 of the cm-patch.

Does the CM Patch actually fix that quest for that guy in the Merchant's house in Orcish Byway? The shady guy who wants to make you a deal you can't refuse - and you wind up in a field with a completed quest that you didn't really get any explanation for.

Can you give me a more detailed description, screenshot or anything else to find that quest? Light or shadow?

CU Marcus

Edited by marcuswob
Does the CM Patch actually fix that quest for that guy in the Merchant's house in Orcish Byway? The shady guy who wants to make you a deal you can't refuse - and you wind up in a field with a completed quest that you didn't really get any explanation for.

Can you give me a more detailed description, screenshot or anything else to find that quest? Light or shadow?

CU Marcus

Marcus -

The mission is called "Honesty Pays" and can be found in Orcish Byway - in the building where the Merchant at the bottom of the hill hangs out.

You talk to him and he's got such a business proposition for you but he can't talk about it there so he wants you to follow him. You go outside, around the back of the building and you find yourself on a farm. Your character says as much and that's the end of the mission. The guy who issued you the quest vanishes and it's pretty much the end of the road on that one. It's like Holy Hannah!? Was there a point to this mission?

In the log book, it looks like the begining of a chain quest but there's nothing more.

Edited by wolfie2kX
You talk to him and he's got such a business proposition for you but he can't talk about it there so he wants you to follow him. You go outside, around the back of the building and you find yourself on a farm. Your character says as much and that's the end of the mission.

That rings a bell. That was one of the issues we found during the work on the xmas-patch ;)

In german the correct translation would be "Ehrlich währt am längsten", but the quest is called "Ehemalige Partner". The first part of this chainquest is available to all characters, but the quest continues only on the shadow path. With the cm-patch we fixed this by reserving the first part also for the shadow side.

Nearly the same goes for the god's quest in the human area. Each character can start the forens' quest, but only forens-addicted chars can finish it (only they can find the book in the cave).

CU Marcus

Edited by marcuswob
but only forens-addicted chars

:D

Are there some ancarian anonymus godaholics or have the addicted toons no real chance to get off this hideous drug?

Just kidding, marcus. *grin*

Edited by czevak

Okay, perhaps forens-consecrated or -sanctified would have been the better translation ;)

It's sometimes kinda wierd what these translators give you back ... :drool:

CU Marcus

Edited by marcuswob
Okay, perhaps forens-consecrated or -sanctified would have been the better translation :bow:

It's sometimes kinda wierd what these translators give you back ... :)

CU Marcus

Might be fairer to say "Forens aligned" character...

I know what you mean about translators... Did a beta a while back and was responding to someone in Chinese. The bloody translator somehow managed to mangle "Release Candidate" into "Reinforced Concrete..." :agreed: