The Curse of NorthEast Artmark...?

I'm having problems getting all of the quests done in the north east end of Artamark - namely the Artamark Gate area, the forgotten valley, the ghost villiage, and the surrounding areas.

Not quite sure what is going on but here's the symptoms. First, the main map stops displaying completely. Most of the time the only elements that show are the big cities, boss monsters defeated, and major landmarks (Temples of God and such). The "undiscovered" areas (normally gray) and roads do NOT show, even if I've travelled over them countless times. All I see in the background is my character (doesn't matter which one) and the surroundings.

The only fix - save the game with F9, exit all the way out to Windows and restart the game.

Now then, it gets worse. The save games, after a while, refuse to load. I go through the boot sequence, the spam session, the opening menu. I select Single Player game and click on Load Character. It sits there for a good long while and then dumps me out to Windows.

If I go no further than the Pointed Peak mission (where you find the map for the unique mounts and deliver the message to hold the fort to the guys on top of the peak, I'm good. I can make it through the rest of the western part of Artamark, the Orc region, Seraphim region, the Carnach cave region, and I'm now into the swamps in the east.

And strangely enough - I'm NOT having any of the above mentioned issues with the map, nor the save games... (knocking on wood here...!)

I'm running Windows 7 fully patched, the US version of Sacred 2 2.43 in Windows XP SP3 compatability mode.

My system is an Athlon 64 X2 4200+ chip, 3 GB DDR 400 RAM with a 1TB WDC hard drive.

Anyone seen anything remotely similar? Would getting an EU copy of Sacred 2 and Ice and Bloood and the CM Patch possibly fix any of this? It kinda sux big wind having to avoid that area to keep my game from blowing chunks... Thus far, I've lost 2 Temple Guardians and a Seraphim and a High Elf to this issue. Fortunately, I was able to restore a previous version of my High Elf and have been able to get around the problem.

Could it be something to do with the number of missions in a given chapter? I've noticed that the Orc, Seraphim Island, dragon cave regions don't have a lot of side quests to speak of.

Edited by wolfie2kX

Hi pete, I've moved your topic to the Sacred 2 Quests section. Maybe this will help with some of the other quest experts here on site to hook up with your inquiry.

:D

gogo

I'm playing Sacred 2 using an XP machine... doing online HC. I went to this same area of the game today and had a problem there. The Tharconians just stood there. They didn't move. I suspected lag... but even though I uncloaked a couple of times my life meter did not flicker, nor did the Tharconians move.

Something seems to be up in that region, though my symptoms were different from his.

I exited the game (after selecting the soul stone so I could get back there easily), and restarted and the Tharconians returned to normal (vicious) responsiveness.

Sacred 2 has some glitches.

Edited by FrostElfGuard

OK.. Just so no one thinks I'm completely nuts... I've got a screenshot of the wonky map thing I was talking about originally...

Not entirely sure how to post an image from MS Live Skydrive up here - but here's the direct link. It's 424 MB...

http://pq8xxw.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pAoM...0010.jpg?psid=1

As you can see... I've got my dryad in Griffinborough standing next to the monolith. The ghosty looking thing is her moribound animus. Note the distinct lack of map - except for the city and temple and the quest circles.

Edited by wolfie2kX
it looks to me like your local image files might have been corrupted

you could try reinstalling the game (I do understand that means revoking your code)

maybe some of your game files as well

good luck

grumpy

Thanks.. I'm probably gonna need it... As it is now - when I save the game with F9 (to keep my position) and then exit the game completely, and restart it - it's all good - for a while and then it goes wonky. I think I've pinned it down to entering/exiting too many caves or teleporting either by F12 or by portal/ship. Maybe has to do with swapping out scenery or something.

And oddly enough, now that I've pretty much left the human and elf regions in the dust, the problem does NOT happen. I can teleport around, explore caves and such and NOT have the corruption.

Eh.. Oh well. I'm going to have to hold off until I get my copy of Sacred 2 Gold. Not gonna worry much about it for the time being.