Shadow Warrior Quest, Please Help

Hello, I've gotten the SW quest up to the part where I'm supposed to go to the southwest corner of the dryad island in the southern gulf of the map.

I've been all over that stupid island, and I cannot get through the mountains to that southwest corner.

Is there some kind of secret passage, or am I maybe supposed to find a ship later that will sail me back there?

I've gotten the main quest progressed to the wastelands in the far west of the map.

Can someone please help? I've searched the Wiki and used Google, and I can't find the answer to this anywhere.

When you leave the beach encampment where you frirst land on Dryand Island, follow the path as if you are going to do the 'Strip Mining Quest', but turn left off the path just before the mine and then proceed along the beach until you get around to the Southwest corner of the island. I don't have a good map handy, but if you follow this link to the full map of Ancaria, enlarge it to the fullest extent and focus on the southwest corner of the Dryad Island. You need to turn off the path just above the last letter (the 'h') in the name Lughaidh

Map

Edited by podgie_bear

Thanks, Podgie, I found it. The trick was to follow the southern coast beach, staying in the sand right next to the sea. That's apparently the only way to bypass the central mountain range and get to the southwest corner of the island.

I must say I was disappointed in the final reward for this quest - a not-that-great axe. Is that same axe always the reward?