The legendary bratwurst

xtaino

Bratwurstauflauf

Bratwurst-casserole

One of the advantages of making your own Bratwurst is that you can control length and diametre:

prodbild_260.jpg

We found this nice recipe at a german recipe site: http://www.kochbar.de/rezept/381432/Auflaeufe-Bratwurstauflauf.html

components and pre-roasting the sliced Bratwurst (inthis case: pre-boiled, fine cutted)

rezept-auflaeufe-bratwurstauflauf-bild-nr-2.jpgrezept-auflaeufe-bratwurstauflauf-bild-nr-3.jpg

add cream-spinach, peas, cauliflower roses--- cover with pre-roasted potato(boiled in skin, peeled, sliced, short roasted) and roasted onion pieces

rezept-auflaeufe-bratwurstauflauf-bild-nr-4.jpgrezept-auflaeufe-bratwurstauflauf-bild-nr-6.jpg

add cheese, into the oven --- and voila

rezept-auflaeufe-bratwurstauflauf-bild-nr-7.jpgrezept-auflaeufe-bratwurstauflauf.jpg

What I do different:

I use to lay a single LONG and THIN Bratwurst (fresh made, not pre-boiled, medium cutted9 in a diagonal shape into the casserole and pre-roast it in the the casserole. So I got the bratwurst at places where it can be easily cut into equal amounts later on. Also placing cauliflowers, mushrooms (mainly for boar Bratwurst), Sauerkraut or whatever we will add is easier. Since our oldest refuses to eat cheese made from natural rennet or gen-manipulated artifical rennet, we make our own cheese (which is soft, low fat, but strongly tasting and strongly smelling when over-ripe) and not the Emmentaler cheese in the recipe photo.

I think most Bratwurst which is left from a BBQ ends as a Bratwurst-Casserole at our family.

Rennet: Most of the calfs are not slaughtered for the flesh but for the rennet. So a bull baby is normally slaughtered as long its stomach contains most rennet and not when the taste and amount of its meat would be best.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

How a Bratwurst keeps your kids healthy:

Kids were playing in the snow and there were still 3 raw Bratwurst from yesterday which couldn't be frozen because of no room left.

So peeling the Bratwurst, making small meatballs. Cutting 4 onions into half rings. Roasting the meatballs and the onions in a bit of butter.

Making a soup with a lot of fine cut herbs, adding the roasted stuff. Nice brown soup with meat and vegs to fight the cold before having it.

• 5 years later...
On 29.8.2010. at 0:47 PM, gogoblender said:

The curry and bratwurst together sounds awesome! (Clever with using the microwave...moist heat combined with dry heat of the grill) I think you got a baby mouth watering going on for me there

Let's see the pix!

:bounce:

gogo

The Curry ketchup and any type of Wurst is a great, great combination. There's this company called Hela and they have this absolutely amazing mild curry ketchup that goes amazing with any sort of a breakfast and even on the salad like green salad or similar. 

I like to put a bit of it on the delicates hard-boiled eggs and some ham with green spring salad. The thing is also great with any sort of meat, especially the Karađorđe's schnitzel or any other deep-friend breadcrumb schnitzel for that matter. 

It's for those healthy, great amazing breakfasts when you get energized for the rest of the day with a smile on your face ;):)

• Like! 1
13 hours ago, Serboi said:

It's for those healthy, great amazing breakfasts when you get energized for the rest of the day with a smile on your face ;):)

Those are my absolute favorite breakfasts!

:bounce:

gogo

• Like! 1