Would you buy a Sacred 3 Collector's Edition?

gogoblender

You know.... a year ago I would have vehemently said yes. I'm a fan. Devout, loyal...fanatical? How bout we leave that unanswered :hugs: I used to be the kind of gamer that had to have the box. Had to have every goodie produced in real life color for games I played. Something happened...I think I got... *gulp* ... lazy? :bounce: The first time I downloaded a game was for Ice and Blood... and so my track record for Sacred was tainted. However...I still remember how easy it was, how fast it was,and how quickly I was playing the game. While I was hesitant about downloads before, because I was still in that wary trust phase of my internet gaming purchases...I've become more of a confident buyer and have actually been wondering if I'm going to go all out again.

However...did you guys see the Collector's Edition for Star Craft 2?

A friend I know runs a site called scuniverse.com

And he just did a video review of their boxed edition:

Holee molee...did you see the two gig Drive with original Star Craft included? Clever, insightful...most importantly ... cool!

So what do you think... Box, Download, Collector's Edition for Sacred 3?

Which one will you take?

I like having a tangible disk with the software on it (though you could always burn the download onto a disk), so I prefer to get it from a shop (though I'd be a second account as a download).

Nowadays they market stuff pretty hard most of the time they just include book arts and Video discs of the Making of the game. But sometimes you get more than that like small replicas of some of the characters ingame or sometimes even some special codes so you get extra stuff inside game. It depends if the price is actually good for what you are getting. I most of the time don't care about it unless it offers you something undeniably worthy.

I am a sucker for ingame items like vanity pets or talbards or special mounts. If those are included, I may pick up the CE.

I have no issue picking up digital only copies of games; especially with a service like Steam. However, the digital download of Sacred 2 was a royal pain in the a$$, so I think I would opt for a hard copy of Sacred 3.

There was a seraphim miniature? I only got some pretty dodgy tattoos...lol and the music, concepts art book which was ok and the elite gfx cd. And the imp.

I think the console version got a seraphim miniature (holding a Darkened Soul), had it been pewter it would have been ok, but it was plastic...

Ascaron had some spare, so they sent them to the mods.

There was a seraphim miniature? I only got some pretty dodgy tattoos...lol and the music, concepts art book which was ok and the elite gfx cd. And the imp.

I think the console version got a seraphim miniature (holding a Darkened Soul), had it been pewter it would have been ok, but it was plastic...

Ascaron had some spare, so they sent them to the mods.

Anyone got a pic of those anywhere?

If we can't own it, maybe we can still gawk

:D

gogo

I got the 360 Collectors Edition with the Seraphim figurine, though must say I was disappointed with it. From the outside of the box you would think it would be larger than it was, and being made from bendy plastic wasn't brilliant. It also came with the other bits like transfers, map, audio CD, and artbook I think.

Then a couple of months ago I spotted the PC Collector's edition in GAME for a fiver, so had to snap that up, and have been replaying recently. Now I've got used to all the differences on the PC version I'm finding it hard to go back to the console version :whistle:

I'm perfectly happy to buy a Collector's Edition if it comes with something that has some kind of value, or feel the developer has gone beyond expectations with what they provide. Prime example is the StarCraft 2 edition at the top of the thread - a copy of Starcraft 1 and Broodwar on a dogtag USB stick. Of course everyone that was buying that edition already had the original and had played it to death, but it was still a nice touch, and is something they would keep and value.

But some kind of "making of" DVD or some concept art pics doesn't really cut it any more, as so much of that stuff is put out as advertising before the game is released anyway.

I'm perfectly happy to buy a Collector's Edition if it comes with something that has some kind of value, or feel the developer has gone beyond expectations with what they provide. Prime example is the StarCraft 2 edition at the top of the thread - a copy of Starcraft 1 and Broodwar on a dogtag USB stick. Of course everyone that was buying that edition already had the original and had played it to death, but it was still a nice touch, and is something they would keep and value.

But some kind of "making of" DVD or some concept art pics doesn't really cut it any more, as so much of that stuff is put out as advertising before the game is released anyway.

I'm completely with you on this. Being impressed.. everyone has access to resources... that kinda stuff is old...but... doing some thinking... doing a reconnoiter of what the fans have done in the past... like played star craft original...then souping up a sick looking usb WITH the previous game in it...

now that's thinking

that's class

alas... lol....that's Blizzard

C'mon Deep Silver... you can do it!

:whistle:

gogo

p.s. Maybe we can help them?

Personally I am a sucker for CE's. Bought the CE for Diablo II LoD.

Then to find a commisioned museum quality lithograph. Soon after the find, it also came via postal service, straight from Irvine, California. Blizzard Headquarters. I have not framed it as of yet, but when the extra funds are available, the litho. will be up on our wall.

Vote: *Yes*

Sacred 3 comes out w/ a viable CE. I would warrant the cost.

I remain, :devil:

I consider myself quite the Sacred fan and I quite like collectors' editions, but Sacred's track record so far when it comes to bugginess etc. isn't exactly stellar, so I'm not going to decide anything until I know both just how stable the game is and what kind of DRM it'll carry. As much as I'm having fun with the Sacred 2 Gold pack...the way Deep Silver distributed it left a whole lot to be desired. :D

• 7 months later...

Bit of an old inactive thread now, but... Here goes my two cents

I like collectors editions. If given the choice and availability, I'd rather spend a few extra dollars on a CE than the regular game. Sure, a lot of the content you might only look at/use/implement only once and forget about it, but usually there's at least one item that justifies the additional charge.

I got the Sacred 2 CE when it first came out and haven't regretted it. Chances are I'll do the same for S3 as well

• 2 weeks later...

Almost forgot that this thread was here. Good necromancy there, folks!

I've never really gotten any CEs or the like. Usually they're too much for my wallet when they're out...

Leaning more on the über-cheap sales they're about to get eventually. :P

But depending what'll it be like, I guess I could take a shot at Sacred 3. Whenever that is...