Shadow Veil - Shadow Warrior with Reflecting Minions for Niobium

zalioth

First of all, this build is being tested. I will update accordingly ^^.

This build goes around an idea I had when playing with the Shadow Veil Shadow Warrior that I created after reading: Mr I unlock Platinum by Claudius.

I decided I wouldn't take all the skills, because I wanted to have fun by having an army... but after seeing their killing power, I wasn't very impressed... So after looking for ways to overcome this (tested contagion on SP and wasn't very happy with it...) I saw the Malevolent Champion's buff, Reflective Emanation and it's gold mod Idol (gives half the reflective capabilities to the party) I got seriously thinking in niob, with high level reflection and an army of minions... that would be an army of reflection!

The idea consists of due to the fact that in Niob guys do a crazy deal of damage... reflecting even part of it is a great way of letting them kill themselves... and increasing the possibilities of reflecting that high damage by raising more minions becomes just wicked!

Oh, I shouldn't forget, it's forbidden to use this against monsters that use Area of Effect (area of effect)... otherwise you can consider yourselves dead... twice being a SW :).

This little trick should help level up fast the SV SW only using it against mobs that don't have Area of Effect attacks.

So the build consists of the following:

Astral Lord Lore ( to increase dmg of the SF and all our astral skills)

Astra Lord Focus ( to be able to have more runes read soon)

Concentration ( we will be needing SV, NA and RE active when we try our little scheme...)

Armor Lore ( we cant skip the armor regen penalty reduction)

Malevolent Champion Focus ( to mod the RE, keep the regen times down and have a high rune level of Reflective Emanation)

Ancient Magic (to boost the dmg of the Skeletal Fortification)

And well... from here onwards everything's pretty much up to you due to the invisibility...

Personally I like to take:

Blacksmith

Enhanced Perception (a must in most of my chars :))

Combat Discipline (put the Rallied Souls in a combo and they'll benefit from both the regen reduction and dmg increase)

Constitution (in the rare event of being seen and hit we better have a decent HP pool...)

Regarding your Combat Arts...

I would suggest modding the Astral Lord ones the way Claudius states them in his guide excepting maybe Rallied Souls (Armament, Vivification, Contagion) so when they reflect and kill the guy get the chance of adding it to the army... (by letting them kill by hand contagion is not good cuz the souls aren't really that powerful). Plus Nether Allegiance with the usual (Sharp blades, Tower Shield, Elite Equipment).

And about Reflective Emanation, go with (Backlash, Antimagic, Idol) because we want to reflect the damage (not the effects) and we want to share the reflection.

I also like to mod Beligerant Vault with Reach in its bronze mod... and with such low regen times in this build you can use it (at rune level 1) to go with it faster than anything :).

Expert Touch is indeed recommended... I use almost exclusively Astral Lord CAs... Frenzied Rampage (from Malevolent Champion), a nice Shuriken and some RPH will rapidly recharge the cooldowns of the Skeletal Fortresses... thus, being able to spam them non stop.

And I'd say that's pretty much it... Again, remember this build is being tested in Sacred 2 Ice & Blood, Hardcore EU. I will update with news telling you guys how it's going ^^.

Complain, add critics or join me with the testing, hope you enjoyed the little explanation!

Oh! and thanks to Furian for tossing in most of the Lucretis set pieces!

Welcome, and good luck on the build. By the sounds of all the bosses I heard dieing last night your doing well already. Keep us posted on how this goes.

Thanks Furian, I will keep updated :).

Indeed this little thing is a silver/gold bosskiller just with SH and SF... I've been doing my bit of farming already hehehe.

Plus I can tell it's indeed a lucky toon, I'm farming lots of vegetables (greens) with this one :).

Edited by zalioth

Ok... :D

level 40 and 28.2% MF , going my way up to the machine in gold... some mob dropped my first legendary (Tyranny of the Condemned level 40).

And I've restocked on set items... already have the full lucretis, and half armantin, half denderan, 2 helmets of infinite torment, detheya's armor, Chestguard of flame, and the Cold Grave's leggings... Uniques: A peptar's precious and a poison star.

This has happened in barely 3 hours of play, as I have been wasting time and studying (even though I was online).

So I have to conclude that either I have a very lucky toon, or been in very lucky servers, or today has been the luckiest day in such a long time playing sacred 2 on closed net.

Anyway, to be able to determine which is the reason, I'll have to keep reporting ^^.

Edited by zalioth

It looks like it will be a great killer with CD + ancient magic. Those skeletal towers are strong :D.... I'm playing a SW without a weapon art right now and I just need augment guidon and some socketed whets/-evasion/CTOCE...

Be careful not to level in swamps or artamark by the spitting spiders. With only armor lore on defense you'll get killed there. Be careful to unsummon the skeletons whenever you fight: Octaglamus, Gartganthropod, Guardians, etc...

But I think it looks like fun :D

Of course, the thing is to take that skill (Malevolent Champion Focus) and use it to fast leveling against mobs, so you gather a mob, and let them kill themselves... of course you'll help around with SF and SH... it's just an idea to improve the killing speed of the Shadow veiled Shadow Warrior. ^^.

Edited by zalioth

Congrats on the fast 40 levels! :)

Where did you farm for levels? On the way to bosses, or just ride as quick as possible (veiled) to the bosses for quicker xp?

Perhaps you get more xp due to being in Europe and playing with other Europeans (mid afternoon in Europe is early morning in North America)?

I was hoping the contagion mod on Rallied Souls would be like the Vampiress Raise Dead CA... that is: each hit had a small% chance to convert the opponent... regardless of how many life points remained. Sounds like it doesn't. :(

Edited by FrostElfGuard
some mob dropped my first legendary (Tyranny of the Condemned level 40).
That's the reward for finishing the Shadow Warrior class quest chain. Still a legendary, but alas not uncommon.

Nice work on all your other finds though. It's a shame you lost him though!

Heya,

actually running a build with 4 minions on NE.... since I am going for minion reflect... I am trying if this works as well as Sharp blades etc...

For the rest, he is ranged... LL% Shuriken, Spectral Hand, Tower.. etc :yay:

Just started, not much to add.

Greetz

Well, I basically killed everything in my way lol... I had a 2 handed and modded the spectral hand and I was running around one touching everything in range... + high rph.

About the items, I'll find them again, I haven't played for a couple of days, but I was already getting enough to replace ^^.

About reflective emanation... just 10 runes eaten but the guys find themselves half dead in around 20 seconds, it's really good for mobs, and I expect it to be determining later in the game ^^.

The SW has been rebuilt and is on his way back up, soon I'll let you know more!

• 10 months later...

Well, I basically killed everything in my way lol... I had a 2 handed and modded the spectral hand and I was running around one touching everything in range... + high rph.

About the items, I'll find them again, I haven't played for a couple of days, but I was already getting enough to replace ^^.

About reflective emanation... just 10 runes eaten but the guys find themselves half dead in around 20 seconds, it's really good for mobs, and I expect it to be determining later in the game ^^.

The SW has been rebuilt and is on his way back up, soon I'll let you know more!

Love to hear an update, I'm building my own version of this, except I'm running locally on my own machine. I used Tactics Lore so I could level Rousing Command and Demonic Blow as well as RE and AG. But if I'm not liking things later I might get MCF for the regen/level bonus to RE and pass on one of my defensive skills.

I'm more defense and more passive so far, but it sounds like my minions won't be able to keep up once I hit platinum. I'm still finishing up silver after not liking a build I had to gold.

I'm really curious if there are any gear bonuses that will affect NA. In particular the - opponent evasion/armor in my gear improving the hit rate/damage of my minions.