Azrael, Harbinger Of Justice

So I'm thinking about replacing combat discipline by sword weapons and taking enhanced perception as last skill. How essential do you think has been combat discipline on your seraphim in higher levels...gold and niob?

Hmm, well Combat Discipline certain makes for a much more offensive character than Sword Weapons would. With sword weapons, you're only unlocking the most powerful mods on sword weapons, which leaves out all the other hafted weapons you might want to use that turn out better than the swords. With combat discipline, your reducing the regen times on ALL your combat arts, allowing you to eat more runes, and increasing the damage for ALL your combat arts. If your character has no bargaining support, I would recommend taking Combat Discipline and Enhanced Perception, although the build could probably survive without CD. Hope that helped a little :sweating:

Hello,

just my first post here, just wanted to say thank you for this great guide.

Just started sacred 2 two weeks ago with a one aspect dual wield seraphim shopper, but that has gotten quite boring. Then I tried a seraphim following your guide and it has been very much fun till now (level 31). I like the possibility of melee combat and celestial magic...very versatile and enjoyable.

So..just thank you! :thumbsup:

(I hope it's ok in this case for posting here, even when last post has been about a year ago...)

A great first post, and on an exciting build. You`ve also just met the guide creator, Ryan, who`s put together some other reference articles on the site, with him still a part of the community!

Glad you found us, and a build you`re liking so much, welcome to DarkMatters!

:)

gogo

So I'm thinking about replacing combat discipline by sword weapons and taking enhanced perception as last skill. How essential do you think has been combat discipline on your seraphim in higher levels...gold and niob?

Hmm, well Combat Discipline certain makes for a much more offensive character than Sword Weapons would. With sword weapons, you're only unlocking the most powerful mods on sword weapons, which leaves out all the other hafted weapons you might want to use that turn out better than the swords. With combat discipline, your reducing the regen times on ALL your combat arts, allowing you to eat more runes, and increasing the damage for ALL your combat arts. If your character has no bargaining support, I would recommend taking Combat Discipline and Enhanced Perception, although the build could probably survive without CD. Hope that helped a little :sweating:

And, hybrid toons can leverage the 3 (and, later, 4) - CA combos. Not sure how much you used them, Ryan, but I remember RoOster explaining how Hallowed Restoration in his attack-combos made most of his Seras invincible...

The other thing about DW + Swords/Hafted (for the unlockables) is that it depends on having the great Uniques that require unlocking the mods. DW Boneslicers is fun and all, but ultimately less powerful than a lot of other combinations that you can get with just rare (yellow) weaponry. RpH does not need unlocking, and is definitely high up on the desireable list for hybrids, and fuels combos like putting out a fire with gasoline. CD is (usually) the clear winner.

All that said... Giovarez, if you are primarily looking to do damage with your weapons (instead of true-hybrid) with Celestial for tricks, then dropping CD and adding Swords can be better.

First..thank you everyone for advice. That really helped...

With combat discipline, your reducing the regen times on ALL your combat arts, allowing you to eat more runes, and increasing the damage for ALL your combat arts. If your character has no bargaining support, I would recommend taking Combat Discipline and Enhanced Perception

And, hybrid toons can leverage the 3 (and, later, 4) - CA combos. Not sure how much you used them, Ryan, but I remember RoOster explaining how Hallowed Restoration in his attack-combos made most of his Seras invincible...

Nothing more to say about it, I'll use combat discipline... :thumbsup:

But I'like the idea of getting full boni from swords, too. So I will drop enhanced perception and go with sword weapons.

(I like a closecomabat in action rpgs...and the idea of a dual wielding seraphim with swords... :paladin::smart:)

Maybe I will play a second character (probably HighElf?) with bargaining and enhanced perception for support...if I get the feeling of not finding useful enough equip or lacking in sets and yellow items..

Edited by Giovarez

I you are playing console or Ice and Blood, combos with Hallowed Restoration ending with Pelting Strikes works wonders. HR gives a healing over time and regen per hit with PS gives an instant regen recharge.

• 2 months later...

I used the skills listed on this build as a reference to my dual wield Seraphim using Celestial Magic. My skill choices were slightly different though.

2. Tactics Lore

3. Armor Lore

5. Celestial Magic Lore(three points to get the Recuperation mod for Hallowed Restoration)

8. Dual Wield

12. Exalted Warrior Focus

18. Sword Lore(1 point for good, unless there is something worth getting Sword Mastery)

25. Constitution

35. Toughness(three items can provide damage mitigation, so not a wasted pick in my opinion)

50. Celestial Magic Focus

65. Spell Resistance

With % life leech from almost all of the set(using Endijian Wings for damage mitigation), this is a bit more viable than a similar dual wield build with a Shadow Warrior. I've yet to see any Kanka items drop for the Shadow Warrior, and the Revelation of the Seraphim set seems reasonable to complete by level 35-50.

Using the Community Patch new weapons(Twinkle is pretty good) along with a Boneslicer makes my Celestial build a cuisinart in action. With her unique mount, her attacks are even faster which I don't think happens with the Shadow Warrior.

I've played a dozen different types of Single Player builds, and this one really gets me going with how fast I can mow down enemies. I do expect some challenges for the bosses, but it's a fun, fast, and furious build!