Dungeon Siege 3

I haven't tried it, but can either of you see any game the other creates? If not I would *guess* you are using different servers or have different versions like you said.

The thing is Dragon, is that even though jet has the steam download version and I have the cd version, I still had to register my game through steam, and it is recognised as a steam game.

And we have both updated our games to the latest version via steam and it still says we both have incompatible versions?

It's a frustrating bloody mess. :mad:

I'm hoping that either gogo or schot might shed some light as they seem to have at least got the LAN to work.

Thats just annoying then. Hopefully they can help some then.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me and Brad, played using the Lan...I played as one of his party members... lol a little strange but still fun, for a wee time ^^ I'll try with him to get into online mp when he gets home from work and see if we have some insight.

I didn't even know there were dungeon siege 3 servers!

:)

gogo

Me and Brad, played using the Lan...I played as one of his party members... lol a little strange but still fun, for a wee time ^^ I'll try with him to get into online mp when he gets home from work and see if we have some insight.

I didn't even know there were dungeon siege 3 servers!

gogo

Well there may or may not be, Gogo. I can see games to join up with, but to avail. Very frustrating to buy the game and it not work as advertised.

Thanks for looking into it.

Edited by Jetcutter
  • 3 weeks later...

Good news! that nefarious keyboard setup was outrageous

Maybe I'll have a chance to look at another build this weekend.

thanks for the news graeystone

gogo

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was really looking forward to this game until I heard that there was no New Game Plus / no option to import characters from another game to a new one (like how it was in Dark Alliance). I could put up with the fact that it was only 8 hours, had separate characters for single player/multiplayer, etc. I was willing to put up with that because it looked extremely fun and I don't mind level grinding through places I've already been. But, not allowing me to continue playing a character which I just spent 8 hours building in an RPG? Seriously, what is that? Without the option to somehow restart the game with my same character, there's no point in playing it for me.

• 1 month later...

I was really looking forward to this game until I heard that there was no New Game Plus / no option to import characters from another game to a new one (like how it was in Dark Alliance). I could put up with the fact that it was only 8 hours, had separate characters for single player/multiplayer, etc. I was willing to put up with that because it looked extremely fun and I don't mind level grinding through places I've already been. But, not allowing me to continue playing a character which I just spent 8 hours building in an RPG? Seriously, what is that? Without the option to somehow restart the game with my same character, there's no point in playing it for me.

Same here, don't know why it's left out of rpgs now (dragon age games didn't have it :sigh:), as unless it is a game with a large amount of sidequests to do (elderscrolls) you wind up leveling up/getting good equipment just to play the final level or run through the secret post-game dungeon repeatedly. I put it down mostly because after finding there was no new game+. I didn't feel like playing through with the things that nagged me the first time (capped experience in each area so you can't grind to higher level early, no respec system [though I guess they added one in the dlc?] and some skills [clock trap for reinhardt] that took so long to activate that they lost their 'tactical/trap' value, as enemies were already smacking me around by the time I could see them and then cast the spell). Until they get new game+ and maybe fix a few things (and add more than 3 sets of armor that were endlessly recolored) I'll delete the game data to make space for other things (skyrim).