20 000+ Members, Congratulations :)

gz to everyone , who contributed to reach that new milestone, so - gz to all of you :D

let's have fun and keep up the good work, and reach for that 200k posts mark as well

Edited by Rotluchs

Ah, that's quite a number!

Let's spam like there's no tomorrow and get the 200K posts milestone, everyone that isn't posting 200 each day is a slacker :D

Ah, that's quite a number!

Let's spam like there's no tomorrow and get the 200K posts milestone, everyone that isn't posting 200 each day is a slacker :)

loool^^ hehe. well. feel free to do so, as long it's topic related :)'whisper, mytho.. sub mumble.. forum.. hype...' .. spam there, as much as you like :)

EDIT: I forgot that I no longer have to edit each single post I make, I found a more convenient option in my Control-Settings ;)

Edited by Rotluchs

Ahha...I had seen that this sweet number was upon us. What's cool is that not only is this a pretty good milestone, but a really important one, the number of registered logins per day is still holding at about 300 - 350 per day.

I'd never imagine that we'd have a daily turn out like this...it's rewarding to see so many people logging in to to tune in to what's going on, checking out builds and eating poutine :bounce:

I love the idea of tons of post... go go go! We need 350 k to get status as an official internet Big Board!

:bye:

gogo

Ahha...I had seen that this sweet number was upon us. What's cool is that not only is this a pretty good milestone, but a really important one, the number of registered logins per day is still holding at about 300 - 350 per day.

I'd never imagine that we'd have a daily turn out like this...it's rewarding to see so many people logging in to to tune in to what's going on, checking out builds and eating poutine :D

I love the idea of tons of post... go go go! We need 350 k to get status as an official internet Big Board!

:)

gogo

There are actual levels of internets forums? If we arent a Big Board what are we? A medium board? Small?

There are actual levels of internets forums? If we arent a Big Board what are we? A medium board? Small?

Hmmm, I'm actually not sure Ash. I know that here on the Big Boards forum :

http://www.big-boards.com/

it's 500 000 ...but on some other sites that I haunt always looking for advice for Darkmatters, and websites, it's considered around 350 k to 500 k before you're considered being "big"

I have seen boards that have put on hundreds of thousands of posts in a few months... while seeing boards that have members interested in "counting threads" (lol, though the idea of a counting thread does amuse me :lol)

Strangely..,. and I think about this a lot...FDM's number of posted threads as compared to other forums with so many members, is a bit on the lowish side. I think it's because.. no matter how busy we feel our sites are... this game is still small potatoes in the greater scheme of things. Though lately, I wonder about that conception,.... I've seen other forums out there that support massive games...but are skimpy on activity as compared to ours.

Huge member logins are connected to the ROM part of our forum set up. We have always been reference oriented, and have always looked to organize as best as possible posts and good article writing in a way that shares as best as possible with Sacred 2 readers. Our posts (mostly) are on the higher quality spectrum of posting, less spam I guess...and only a minimal interest in forum word games.

Even though we're 20 k members over 6 years (with very few bots making it in) we're still a small community because the game has never really been that popular, so the number of posters...our periphery of posters that's responsible for the "life" of the community reflects this smaller percentage.

This is all conjecture on my part of course :D It kinda makes some sense to me... and what started this off was about five years ago, one of the guys who was in the starting clan of DarkMatters, Indy...welcomed a member to our forum here this way...

Welcome to DarkMatters...Biggest small forum on the net!

That phrase got me to thinking... I still think it connects on many different levels.

:)

gogo