Path of Exile

Dobster

Hey guys :bye:

maybe some remember me from Sacred 2. It's been a looooong time. I'm playing PoE for a while in standard league. Starting in the new HC league at release. I'm looking forward to see some of you ingame. :starwars:

Greetings :)

Slevin

Slevin!

Course I remember u... u took all the beer! :lol:

I'm playing POE a bit (k, lot more than a bit yesterday, in SC now, but going to see if I can put time ( and heart) together for HC.

Great seeing some peeps I know playing again.

Spoke to Chrona last night in server, I think he wants info on Guilding?

:)

gogo

Spoke to Chrona last night in server, I think he wants info on Guilding?

gogo

we can create a guild @10/23

->max 30 members

->guild stash =coins; like tabs/premium tabs)

Edited by Chrona

Chrona, I think you're the most posting player here, can you create the guild on that day if you want?

I'll open up a section here on the forum

The tag for us in games is [D.a.r.k] if they allow the symbols

gogo

Chrona, I think you're the most posting player here, can you create the guild on that day if you want?

I'll open up a section here on the forum

The tag for us in games is [D.a.r.k] if they allow the symbols

gogo

I can create the guild @release, but it looks like [. not allowed! What tag should I choose? DARK or something else? only symbol that works is _

Edited by Chrona

Chrona, you think we will have to reinstall through Steam?

Dunno, but I think for steam you've to reinstall via steam.

maybe make a copy from content.ggpk(its the largest file ~6,7GB) and try to copy it in the steam installation.

http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/1nxxso/steam_devs_please_confirmdeny/

[–]chris_wilsonLead Developer

the Steam version does use their patcher rather than our patcher.

[–]SontoForceGG

I am liking the potential benefit of the Steam patcher upgrading PoE while I am away. Could you shed light on integrating PoE patches with Steam though? I am worried that hotfixes could be impacted due to having to work with Valve to push out an update.

We have automated the deployment process so it requires no manual coordination with Valve on a per-patch basis.

When we deploy a patch, it goes on both Steam and our version immediately. You know how fast our existing patching is :)

Steam distributing this game? How do they make money off of it, it's free ware right? Would Steam get a cut of the amount coming from merchandise we buy for game?

gogo

I think this is the way it works, but I'll play the standalone version and buy my coins directly on the poe website

Its' amazing how fast the log in is for this game...I'm beginning to discover some quirks, things I love but also annoy me, lol...all in the good spirit of discovering.

Right now, best way to get back to home island is to just quit game and relog in...but this game is so fast, it's actually not unpleasant...or is there another way?

Thing with Steam is, takes forever to boot up, so like you Chrona, I'll probably get the stuff from POE's site

gogo

ight now, best way to get back to home island is to just quit game and relog in...but this game is so fast, it's actually not unpleasant...or is there another way?

use your portal scrolls :)

Portal_Scroll.png

As they are limited, I'm kind of scared to use them, which is a good/bad thing...but in the case of always dying at bosses (cry!) I go through those scrolls pretty quickly

:cry:

gogo

As they are limited, I'm kind of scared to use them, which is a good/bad thing...but in the case of always dying at bosses (cry!) I go through those scrolls pretty quickly

:cry:

gogo

start hc!!! and I'll give you some stacks :wow: this will solve the problem with dying at bosses too :lol:

• Like! 1

been playing this for a long time, when I dont play league of legends

hi epox :)

join us :viking::viking::viking:

whats your IGN?

Update Steam installation

http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/1oior0/question_how_will_steam_installation_go/

NegitivefragsGGG Lead Programmer

All GGPK files will have a slightly different layout.

This is because it's generated by the patcher based on what you need to download. Someone who went from version A to B to C will have a different layout then someone who went from version A to C directly.

The steam version has a layout that is designed to minimize the amount of patching required when going through steam (with it's diffing algorithms in mind).

So yes, unfortunately while they contain the same files, they are in a different order with different holes between them.

[–]jarhead271

Will it be possible to play the game without Steam, as we play it now?

I can't decide if I want to keep my current installation or go through Steam. What does GGG recommend we do?

[–]NegitivefragsGGG Lead Programmer

Yes, you don't need to use the steam version. Feel free to just continue as you always have.

Edited by Chrona
  • 1 month later...

Path of Exile - Content Update 1.0.2 Preview

Will definitely be using the new storm's call for the conduit shadow during the party races. It will help to balance out the item pool and will be better than freeze pulse in Act 1 :)

Path of Exile - Content Update 1.0.2 Preview

Will definitely be using the new storm's call for the conduit shadow during the party races. It will help to balance out the item pool and will be better than freeze pulse in Act 1 :)

I'll try a scion stormcaller, something like this:

http://tinyurl.com/phbjffe

will run Discipline,Clarity,Purity,Determination and AA

Eldritch battery and EE

Skills:

ColdSnap-EleProf-inc Area of Effect-FasterCasting trigger EE->

SC-Lightning Pen-EleProf-Faster Casting- (Area of Effect-ConcEffect)

arc-cullingstrike-rarity

movement:LightningWarp-FasterCasting-RedDuration

Utilities:DecoyTotem,EnduringCry,MoltenShell,BearTrap

Edited by Chrona
  • Like! 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Veracious, heya!

Ryan and Chrona are playing a good bit, and I think they're in with the German players from Sacred as well who are guliding. Have you gone through the posts? You can probably pm one of the more proliffic posters.

Everyone's from Sacred, bound to be a very "efficient build" clan ^^

I'm bumping this post, keep it visible

Good luck!

gogo