Path of Exile

Dobster

Not sure if minion ui is better now they are planing on it but the game as been balanced out to the better I'm still playing the game its fun fun

Not sure if minion ui is better now they are planing on it but the game as been balanced out to the better I'm still playing the game its fun fun

Not fixed yet, still borked.

The last update implemented a graphics bug, so ggg are busy fixing that.

It looks like open beta are delayed till september.

Act 2 boss implemented, got my ... owned first time doing it. Can be wilde for some builds, you need a good tactic for him.

Game changed alot off small things since d3 releace, so having a blast again in POE.

Edited by D-molisher

I have been playing this for the last couple of weeks. Its gotten a whole lot better than when I got my key a while back. Its gotten me hooked so far.

If anyone plays on the Hc league, my character name is Ingeld

I am playing.

SO are DA-PurringCat, DA-Temper & tempers ausie m8.

You might wanna check DA site poe forum.

One off my chars are named DA_Brickwall, DA_FrostBite etc. Can be seen in I am online poe thread :thumbsup:

I am alt-o-holic with too many free char slots & too cool a passive tree for experimenting :thumbsup:

Edited by D-molisher

Consolidated Beta Manifesto

This post contains the entire Manifesto in originally-posted order (by thread number). Each section heading is a link to the appropriate thread where discussions should take place for that topic. Please discuss items in their correct threads so GGG can easily find your feedback; this is just meant as a reference.

[Feb 21] Minions

Several new minion skills are being developed currently, including one that we've hinted as "Raise Skeletal Army".

We will add a minion UI that shows how many of what types you have.

We will make minions travel between instances with you (this will require some rebalancing).

Many bugs with minions (where you can evade the caps of how many you're allowed) will be fixed.

Minion AI in general needs improving so that they target appropriate monsters and follow you in a more intelligent way.

I feel that minions are currently too defensively powerful in an un-augmented state and when they're being rebalanced, their life may be reduced (potentially being offset into passives or the support gems).

Minion Ui are still borked, raise skeletons work as a wall off flesh. The problem with zombies & ghosts are they agro more than they finish killing - that way wanders off while you finish all their leftovers.

So far new UI are in testingstage ALPHA server, to my knowlage ( meaning buggy ).

Edited by D-molisher

I got my second unique since return from D3, disaster game.

124929859-4.jpg

124864643-4.jpg

I made DA_BrickWall for this unique shield I traded with PurringCat for a unique bow.

This bow ...

UniqueBowDmol.png

Any bow attack gets extra projectile, even default attack :thumbsup:

Says some about the quality off uniques here, PC are still using that bow in cruel act 1 ( level 32 ).

Edited by D-molisher

D-Molisher: Believe or not, those screenies harassed myself into trying this one out. :P

Only just getting to learn the ropes atm, but already getting kinda excited. ^^ Guess this'll get me over the disapointment D3 made.

Kinda makes me wonder why I didn't get in earlier. xD

Welcome in POE.

You can just friend add charname: DA_Loke.

If you see me online and need any just spam me.

Besides it doesnt matter if you play us, eu or asia server -> because all can party together.

When you join a party, you go to party leaders region server.

Edited by D-molisher

Well open beta are delayed:

Clan DA thread.

Well as it looks now with POE:

My best guess /hope would be x-mas this year, but that could change.

Because off stuff to fix and do:

Out off sync error with 1/4 off all skills.

The sound bug.

The graphics bug.

Memory leak bug.

Need work on passive skill tree, too little routes to outer ring -> and someone broke the tree again. It wasnt me this time

Hybrid chars need rework at their tree start ( duelist, shadow & ranger ) because pure stats ( marauder & witch ) are way more powerfull. Ranger are the exeption, pure stat but with gimp passives close.

Finish act 3 maps -> the act 3 boss are gonna be epic.

Do pvp.

Rebalance here and there, for pvp etc.

I pulled up beta 2 days ago just to see how much POE had changed since a couple months ago. And HOLY CRAP! That passive skill tree is insane! I've never seen so much customization on your talents/skills!

Version 0.9.11l (Current Version)

Chris GGG:

Fixed the ignore/invite behaviour described in the 0.9.11k patch notes so that it now works correctly.

Removed the item quantity bonus for the "Labyrinthine" Map mod.

Changed the "Massive" Map mod so that it can only spawn on outdoors maps.

Exploding Spawns above level 61 now do damage.

Increased the damage of Exploding Bandits.

Fixed problems with targeting of Lightning Warp.

Fixed a bug where the Vulnerability curse would cause extra non-physical damage on a shocked target.

Fixed a bug where shocked targets would only receive increased damage from degeneration effects, not normal damage.

Visual elemental damage effects now only play if more than 15% of the target's life was removed by damage of that element.

August 16 Progress Update.

Chris GGG:

It's been a little while since we posted a public progress update, so I've put together some notes on how various things are going. This isn't intended to be a long post!

Last week, we passed a million American dollars of supporter packs sold (after credit card fees have been deducted). Thank you all very much for your generous contributions - it's helping the game in so many ways. Projects like this cost many millions of dollars, so while it's awesome that we have enough money to see the game through to Open Beta, the long-term future of the project benefits greatly from any additional money we can raise. Our team is currently at 18 people, though we'd love to expand it so that we can generate content at a faster rate.

At the moment, several people are working on producing and preparing the physical items that supporters will receive (t-shirts, posters and copies of the game DVD/soundtrack CD). We're trying to get these sent out as soon as possible, though it's looking like it'll take a few more weeks to receive the produced goods before we can ship them. I'll update with more exact dates once we hear back from our suppliers. It turns out that the logistics of preparing and shipping literally thousands of packages is a bit of an undertaking!

We recently added the top three twitch.tv Path of Exile livestreams to the bottom of the pathofexile.com front page. If you'd like your stream to be featured on this list, just set your game to Path of Exile and try to get a lot of people to watch you play! They're ranked in order of number of concurrent viewers. I've been visiting streams occasionally to answer questions, and I hope to find more time to do so in the future. I've had great voice conversations with Ash, Raijin, Kripparrian and Arioc so far. We're also occasionally giving keys to streamers so that they can do giveaways.

One of our priorities over the last few months has been to create and post interesting videos on our YouTube channel. Videos are a really good way of getting new players interested in the game and also allow us to show things to existing players in a very visual way. I've been really enjoying doing the

series, as it helps draw attention to the amazing build variety that our community comes up with in the game. There are dozens more awesome builds that people have submitted that I hope to eventually feature in later videos. If you want to submit a build, this is the current thread.

If you haven't yet seen the

where we compare the current 0.9.11 build with last year's 0.9.0 build, I highly recommend it.

As the size of our Beta playerbase has grown, we've ramped up the number of weekend event leagues that we run. For a long time, we just ran a three hour hardcore ladder race, but a few weeks ago we added a one hour cut-throat one as well. This weekend we're offering two, (one of them is at a time that hopefully suits, and a that disallows partying. Please understand that we run these events on our own weekends, so it's difficult to pick times that are great for everyone. In the future, we intend to further ramp up the number of events that we hold (I'd expect it to hit 4 or 5 per week in the coming weeks, and even more once we enter Open Beta).

We also ran a successful two-week hardcore race a few weeks ago, to test the 0.9.11 balance. This was our alternative to doing a legacy migration, and we received substantial amounts of balance data from it. We are looking at running another similar league in the near future because people enjoyed that one. The new one may be one week long. I understand there has been demand for a "time-limited" league where you only get a certain number of hours per day (to favour people like me with jobs), but there are logistics issues to solve before we can do that.

From a development point of view, we've been working hard on the 0.9.12 patch. This patch focuses on many areas, including:

Adding PvP, including arenas with simple matchmaking, and dueling. Teams of up to 6 on either side are supported.

Rebalancing minions and fixing their bugs. Yes, the ability to have multiple sets of minions using multiple gems of the same type is a bug.

New item hover art!

Arrows are now real projectiles rather than faked long-range melee attacks. This means they can be dodged by running out of the way, as well as by the evasion roll.

We don't yet know when 0.9.12 will be deployed (or put on Alpha). My guess is that it's a few weeks away from being ready. I'll definitely post more information as soon as we know.

In addition to the work on 0.9.12, we've been pulling out as many fixes and features as we can and integrating them into 0.9.11 in the form of (almost daily) small patches. These allow us to fix problems faster, get feedback on changes earlier, and keep you guys on your toes with a stream of small changes between major patches. The latest of these patches, 0.9.11k, should be deployed within the next day.

We're aware of several client stability issues that can manifest in the form of either graphical glitches or a crash. We have never seen this happen in our office (despite it happening occasionally within the Beta community), so we're still gathering data that will let us fix it. This is a priority, but as with all things that require data collection and research, is taking some time to solve.

I'm extremely pleased with how the last few months have gone and am getting very excited about Open Beta. I can't wait for you guys to see Act Three.

Edited by D-molisher

P.S:

As Chris says act3 got some wonderfull maps.

How do I know, because 3 off the endgame maps that you can create are from act 3.

Anyway see you POE HC ...

Ingame HC:

DA_AntiMatter level 47 Templar.

Dual totems, traps and staff build.

Edited by D-molisher

0.9.11 One-week Hardcore Ladder Race.

Chris GGG:

Standard rules for league events apply. Please click this link if this is your first race event.

To receive additional 0.9.11 balance feedback from a restricted economy, and due to high demand, we'll be running a one-week hardcore league.

The event will run from noon New Zealand time on Monday (August 27 2012). This is 5pm Sunday, Pacific time. Here is a link for more time zone conversions.

It will run until the same time one week later.

The top ten players will receive a Demigod's Presence (Unique Amulet).

The top players will also receive microtransaction credit for use in our cosmetic shop. This credit will last forever, so you can spend it in Open Beta when we have more things for you to purchase!

#1: 500 Points (valued at $50)

#2: 400 Points (valued at $40)

#3: 300 Points (valued at $30)

#4-5: 200 Points (valued at $20)

#6-10: 100 Points (valued at $10)

#11-20: 50 Points (valued at $5)

For the following prizes, we will examine only the highest level character on each account that is still alive at the end of the race. The list of random currency items that will be awarded is here.

All characters over level 75 will receive 128 random currency items.

All characters over level 70 will receive 64 random currency items.

All characters over level 60 will receive 32 random currency items.

All characters over level 50 will receive 24 random currency items.

All characters over level 40 will receive 16 random currency items.

All characters over level 30 will receive 8 random currency items.

Please note that the above currency prizes are lower than the previous two week event. This is intentional - the purpose of this event is for the fun of the competition, rather than a way to get rich.

Edited by D-molisher

If anyone wanna participate I would be :bow:

So honestly come on :whip: I dare you ... ill even try make any build for you, if you need a little inspiration.

Noone says you have 2 follow it exactly like I thought :4rofl:

Anyway if you wanna roll with me ...

Post in DA thread, since I dont monitor Dark forum on a daily basis.

Edited by D-molisher

0.9.12 - Arrows will now be real projectiles.

Jomathan GGG:

Hey guys, I just wanted to give you a quick heads up on one of the major changes in 0.9.12 that has just been completed.

As has been mentioned elsewhere, 0.9.12 will feature PvP arenas. One of the big issues that we had with PvP in our testing was the inability to dodge arrows by moving your character out of the way. Because of this, we decided to do a major rework of bow/wand skills and turn them in to real projectiles that can be evaded, much the same way you can dodge a fireball.

The reason arrows worked this way previously was due to a set of design trade-offs. I'm going to attempt to give you guys an idea of what these were.

In Path of Exile, we really want to try and mitigate the effects of lag so that you get the correct feeling of impact at the right moment when doing an attack. Because of this, for Melee attacks we predict what the damage will be at the point you start taking a swing and that information is sent to the client in advance. The client then predicts if it should display the damage or not at the contact point of the attack.

The obvious important part of this is that you need to know in advance who the target of the attack is going to be. For a melee attack, the target is obvious. The guy standing right in front of you. For a projectile, we can't really predict who it will hit easily, and so because of this, we don't do damage prediction for projectiles. The visible damage for projectiles is delayed while you wait for the information to arrive from the server.

When we came to implement bows, we were faced with the question of if we should implement them as real projectiles or as kind of ranged version of a melee attack. There were two reasons why we picked the latter option.

The first reason is that we thought that the damage prediction ability of picking fixed targets in advance was more important than the ability to dodge arrows. Our stance on this has now reversed, especially in light of PvP.

The second reason was that there are actions that can be performed by both melee weapons and ranged weapons, the prime example being your Default attack. It was a lot easier to implement these skills if bows worked like a melee attack with an extra delay for the arrow travel time. With the new approach, we need to have a separate implementation of any skill that can be used with either melee weapon or a bow/wand.

This change has actually turned out to be quite positive for our code base because the ability to assume in a skill if it is melee or ranged has simplified quite a lot of code paths.

With all of the explaining above out of the way, here is the list of practical changes that this has caused:

You can now dodge arrow and wand skills.

Arrows that fail an accuracy check on a target will now pass through and may hit another target behind. This is much better than previously where it would stick in but do no damage.

Damage from bows will no longer be predicted in advance so in laggy conditions, you will need to wait for the server's response to see the damage on the target. This behaviour is the same as you would see using fireball.

Bonus Change: Bow/Wand skills will be able to be used with Totems and Traps so long as you are wielding a bow when you use them. This hasn't been implemented yet due a few tough implementation issues, but we are keen to do it.

We will be deploying these changes to Alpha within a few days to get feedback.

Edited by D-molisher

Jonathan GGG:

In our PvP balance sessions from now on we will be testing modifications to the base arrow speed. At the very least, it will be quite hard to hit a target that is moving horizontally to you if they are far away.

It's worth mentioning that arrow speed is now a much more important mod than before. We may decide to add some nodes of it to the passive tree, or potentially to some of the existing arrow mastery nodes.

We also have the ability to modify the arrow speed per arrow skill, so we might decide to slow down some of the "fatter" arrows.

What a week ...

First I got 7 uniques on my level 49 templar rip, and lost 1 to sc.

Then rerolled friday and got 2 uniques before ripping templar-2 as level 29.

Then I rerolled satturday as duelist and partyd Purringcat all way to level 30.

Today I try kill myself or get pass level 40, and on way got another unique.

So far 10 uniques found:

2 donated to Laissar, 5 To purringcat, 2 kept & 1 in sc.

All uniques below level 40 are upped 50 % in dropchance for this week hc race.

P.S:

Its basicly a grab all hp you can as fast as possible build, I want 2.000 hp yesterday.

Now he got 872 hp as level 31, thats around 50 % more than any normal HC build off mine ( exept if bloodmagic speced ) .

That way I can push forward more, without having that much trouble with bad aura champs / area bosses.

Edited by D-molisher

Incase you wonder are a 1 week ladder race worth doing ?

Well I had loads off fun, some challenge.

I died 2 times, but got a staggering 11 uniques.

Oh and offcource my gems for becoming level 40 :woot:

125285489-4.jpg

I guess ill save them to make a totally great endgame weapon or 2.

All shared chest are transfered to temporary paiges, by hand poor GGG employee. :o

125285227-4.jpg

Edited by D-molisher

Chris GGG:

0.9.12 Information and Incomplete Patch Notes

As you know, 0.9.12 was intended to be the PvP patch.

We've been working on PvP hard now for many weeks, but aren't yet ready to deploy it to Beta. In the meantime, all the other changes in the patch are sitting there, basically finished. We have decided to call this set of changes 0.9.12, and to deploy the PvP implementation seperately as 0.9.13, when it's ready. This hopefully won't be long.

Note that we're not delaying or slowing down the PvP stuff at all - we're just deploying our other work sooner, so that you have a lot of new content to play!

0.9.12 was deployed to Alpha yesterday and should be on Beta one week from now (currently targeting Friday 7 September, NZ time, but last minute problems may push it to after that weekend).

Here are the patch notes as they stand today. Please note that these will change substantially before it is actually released, especially as it gets tested internally and on the Alpha realm. We normally don't release patch notes in advance, because people complain about nerfs that they haven't tested yet. Please wait until you get a chance to play this version of the game before complaining about changes that you don't like. Having said that, this patch doesn't really nerf much.

A screenshot showing what one of the new item frames in 0.9.12 looks like can be seen here.

Version 0.9.12 INCOMPLETE PATCH NOTES

Notes:

Please note that the PvP features that we have been working on are still underway and have not been included in this patch, as they are not ready yet. The PvP patch has not been delayed, just renamed to 0.9.13, which should be coming soon.

Due to substantial changes to the passive skill tree, we've wiped all the passive skills again. Please take care reallocating your passives so that you can use your equipment and gems.

Content:

Added a new Dexterity Skill - Ice Shot: Fires an arrow that chills its target and creates a patch of ground ice.

Added a new Intelligence/Dexterity Skill - Arctic Breath: Fires a frozen projectile that leaves a trail of ground ice behind it. It explodes on impact, creating more ground ice and damaging targets within an area.

Added a new Keystone Passive Skill - Vaal Pact: Life Leech applies instantly. Life Flasks and Life Regeneration have no effect.

Added a new Keystone Passive Skill - Ghost Reaver: Leech Energy Shield instead of Life.

Added four new Unique items, two of which have been designed by our diamond supporters.

The quest in the Chamber of Sins now involves rescuing Helena, a new NPC.

Added a bridging quest to send people towards Act Two after they leave the prison. In return for unblocking the passage between the two acts, you are rewarded with a Passive Skill point.

Added a new type of enemy - Blackguard soldiers, near the forest side of the blockage between the acts.

The Great White Beast has been moved to the Cave in the Old Fields. A quest has been added to slay this beast.

There's now a quest to kill the Vaal Oversoul.

The Monkey Twins were moved to the Dread Thicket.

Improved the diversity of random layouts for the Terraces, Tidal Island, Mud Flats, Fetid Pool, Ledge and Rocky Climb.

Improved the walls in the caves in Act One so that it's easier to see monsters.

Added new voice acted character combat sounds that have more personality.

Continued to incrementally improve the art, effects, environments and sound.

Features:

The item hover information has been improved to represent information about the items in a clearer way. Teaser screenshot here.

Changed item sockets to be smaller and hopefully easier for colourblind users to read.

Skill and Support Gems now have tags that show what types of things affect them. For example, gems affected by "+1 to Level of Fire Gems in this item" wouid now say "Fire" on them.

Unidentified and white items are now prefixed with "Superior" if they have increased quality. This makes them easier to notice on the ground.

Arrows are now real projectiles rather than faked long-range melee attacks. This means that they can now miss if the target runs out of the way before they arrive. This also applies to wands.

Projectiles now have a minimum and maximum spread when multiple ones are fired at once. This prevents them firing in overly tight clusters or too spread out so that they go behind you.

We've added large icons to the Passive Skill Screen, to make it easier to identify the theme of each cluster of skills.

Item allocation now displays a progress bar rather than a numeric timer.

"Critical Strike Damage Multiplier" is now known as "Critical Strike Multiplier".

Portals are now shown on the minimap.

Explosive Arrows now have their own arrow effect. If they miss and stick into terrain, they'll explode as normal after a short time.

Dead players are no longer shown on the minimap. This was a problem in hectic PvP situations.

You now cannot receive the Baleful Gem until Fidelitas is dead.

Quest items now have flavour text.

Added a new death animation for monster totems.

The Labyrinthine prefix now has a consistent effect on different types of Map areas.

Renamed many dexterity item mods to avoid duplicates and to make names more appropriate.

Added a display of Cast Time to skill gem hovers.

If an item mod affects your entire character (where it would normally only affect that one item), it now has the word "Global" in it, to resolve ambiguity.

Changed skill popups and the chat interface to have single pixel borders rather than gold frames.

Balance:

Phase Run is now available from the Medicine Chest quest for every class.

Slower weapon base types now do more damage. The slowest weapons have the highest overall damage per second but are most interruptable.

The bandit quest reward for siding with Alira has been increased from 30 to 40 mana.

The Weapon Elemental Damage support gem and passive skills now no longer affect unarmed attacks. No other stats that include the word "Weapon" affect unarmed damage now.

Increased the size of elemental damage mods on weapons by 16%.

Changed bows so that they're not skewed towards cold damage and now have a slightly higher overall rate of elemental damage mods occuring.

Increased the chance of elemental damage mods occuring on sceptres.

The Map mod that affects monster pack size has been reduced to +20-50%.

The Map mod that affects the size of the level has been reduced to +20-50% and works more accurately now.

Increased the amount of life leech available implicitly on claw weapons.

Rebalanced the properties on level 60+ items so that the requirements and damage/defense are higher.

Increased Item Rarity and Item Quantity mods can now only spawn on gloves, boots, helmets, rings and amulets.

Reduced the duration of Oak's Immortal Call substantially.

Skill Changes:

Shock Nova: Damage increased by 14%.

Dominating Blow: Now works with unarmed attacks.

Infernal Blow: Now works with unarmed attacks.

Explosive Arrow: Now does not explode each time it pierces through monsters.

Temporal Chains: The quality bonuses have been corrected to not include movement speed, as it is already part of the core effect.

Trap Support Gem: Now starts with a 12 second cooldown, but this decreases as it levels up.

Reduced Mana Cost Support Gem: Renamed to "Reduced Mana", as it also reduces reserved amounts as well as costs.

Minions Improvements:

Information coming soon.

Passive Skill Tree Changes:

Reduced the amount of nodes in the attribute highways, especially in outer areas of the tree.

Added many notable passives to external areas of the tree.

Reworked the Templar opening area.

Reworked the non-bow portions of the Ranger opening area.

Made several other pathing changes to improve hybrid classes, level 18-35 choices and other elements of the passive tree.

Added Ghost Reaver and Vaal Pact keystone passives (described above).

The Golem's Blood notable passive has been reduced to 1.5% life regeneration.

0.5% life regeneration passives have been reduced to 0.4%.

Reduced several block passives.

Increased the number of life passives available, especially in the dexterity portion of the tree.

"Additional Minion" passives are now notable passives.

More accuracy passives have been added to the dexterity section of the Shadow part of the tree.

The 2% life leech passive is now a notable passive.

All life and mana cost reduction passives are now red, accuracy passives are green and additional mana passives are blue.

Bug Fixes:

Fixed a bug where shattered Shield Crabs would drop no items.

Diamond Kiwi pets now have shadows.

Fixed a bug where swapping weapon tabs while being stunned could cause your character to freeze.

Fixed a bug where items on your alternate weapon set might not have their requirements checked correctly.

Fixed a client crash that could occur whenever entities are deleted if they still had effects in the world.

Elemental Proliferation is now affected by increases to Area of Effect.

Fixed some vendor recipes that could generate items with quality greater than zero.

Whirling Blades now checks evasion properly, rather than always hitting.

Fixed a bug where the result of piercing was different on the client compared to the server.

Fixed a client crash that could occur when gems become ready to level up.

Fixed a bug where monsters that cast curses would attempt to curse your totem (which can't be cursed) repeatedly.

Fixed a bug where you could get two power charges from one monster with Power Siphon if your attack speed was fast enough.

Fixed a bug where very full stashes could cause a disconnection when being opened.

Fixed a bug where the font on popups could be wrong after the game window was resized.

Monster Auras that affect players (because the monster is converted) can now be influenced by game mechanics that affect your auras.

Fixed a bug where using the arrow keys to adjust stack sizes in the stash would also change which stash tab was active.

Whispering now works properly even when you don't type in the correct case for a character name.

Pressing Alt while the key is not bound to anything will now not freeze the game client.

Fixed a bug where killing the map boss "Belcer, the Pirate Lord" would count as completing the Fairgraves quest.

Fixed a bug where the life bars of party members were displayed behind ground items.

Fixed a bug where resetting keys to their defaults would not be detected as a change to the setting and so the save button wouldn't enable.

Fixed a rare crash when hovering items linked in chat.

Fixed some bugs where damage modifiers described as "Melee" could apply to some projectiles.

Prevented the passives that add both Armour and Evasion from having a double effect if you have the Iron Reflexes keystone.

Fixed a bug where players would be unable to right click on other players in town to access the dropdown menu if they had a totem bound to their right mouse button.

Fixed a bug where items on the ground sometimes display as unequippable if your attributes have changed since you first saw the item.

Fixed a bug where you would sometimes queue two attacks if you press the shift key while holding down the mouse button.

The chat box now ignores Alt, Shift, and Ctrl so if those keys are bound as the highlight keys, they'll now work when the chat box is open.

Fixed a bug where changes to the "Filter White Items" setting would not apply until Alt or Z was pressed.

Fixed the possibility for a player to be rewarded for their own death, if they killed themselves.

Fixed stats that shouldn't be visible on website items when unidentified.

Fixed a bug where scrolling up and down on the Friends List while having the Chat box focused would scroll both.

Fixed a bug where the UI could get stuck if you deleted an item while changing area.

Fixed the ability to bind certain keys such as ` and ~, among others.

Fixed a bug where you could hover your mouse cursor over monsters that were outside the game's window, in windowed mode.

Fixed bugs related to who was assigned credit from kills by converted monsters, or by minions of converted monsters.

Fixed some display problems when whispering item links.

Fixed a bug that would occur if the user presses escape while holding down the mouse to move.

Fixed problems where the chat window would occlude vendor and NPC chat windows.

Fixed a bug where holding the mouse on the Stash or Waypoint nameplate would cause UI panels to flicker.

Other things we're considering but are not finished yet:

Making maps more common but adjusting whether item quantity on your character affects the drop rate of maps.

Renaming the Shore Encampment.

Making arrow totems work.

Preventing quivers affecting unarmed attacks.

Making minions transfer between areas with you.

Questions answered by chris about 0.9.12:

pneuma wrote:

Beautiful new item frames, sneaky new picture of A3, 2 new skills (lol ranged ice skills, we never have enough of those), 2 new awesome passives, enemies, NPCs...

I know that people want skills other than cold ones, but honestly, out of the set of new skills that we made, these ones were finished first. Flame Totem (fire) and Arc (lightning) both need enough changes to not make it into this patch.

Panda413 wrote:

Nothing about the new evasion mechanic. Is this still coming at some point?

That was patched in in the 0.9.11e patch - so that evasion also reduces the chance of receiving critical strikes against you. It helps reduce variance a lot.

MrRedshark wrote:

So no character wipe when 0.9.12 comes out?

Right. Just refunding passive points.

vanzi wrote:

So is the braindead AI of minions going to get fixed or not (the running off issue in particular)?

I hope so!

Mr_Cee wrote:

Sounds a bit strange/of limited use - as I assume its only possible to "leech" ES from monsters that have ES?

It just means you gain ES rather than life when damaging monsters. It doesn't matter if they have ES or not.

Mr_Cee wrote:

How will these new quests be handled if a char has already "solved" them? (the last quest of course only matters if there is a reward for it)

They are new quests, so players won't have received rewards for them yet.

Stickymaddness wrote:

One question though, was Act3 not supposed to be included with 0.9.12 ?

Nope, it comes when we enter Open Beta later this year. It's getting closer!

kaziuko wrote:

Increased Item Rarity and Item Quantity mods can now only spawn on gloves, boots, helmets, rings and amulets.

So what happens to current items that possess such mods?

Items will be "wiped" or those mods will be "rerolled" or maybe those items will be left as they are, and we have last chance to grab some IIQ/IIR on weapons/chest?

Btw. when it comes to 9.12, characters are wiped/granted a passive skill tree refund, or what happens?

The old items with those mods will still exist until we do our Open Beta wipe later this year.

When 0.9.12 is deployed, your passive skill points get reset, that's all.

obsivus wrote:

I dont see anything about summoners?

Minion changes are coming. We just didn't say exactly what, yet.

likwid wrote:

AKA evasion still not viable.

Evasion is probably the strongest defensive option at the moment, when combined with sufficient life. There's now a lot more life in the dexterity part of the tree.

gh0un wrote:

The complexity of having to weigh quantity/rarity find versus increased damage is just gone. I dont think I like that idea too much.

They're still available on a lot of slots, and it's important that the slots have personality. Having it available on so many was an oversight!

Dark_Force9999 wrote:

I think that line is rather directed to people like me where I benefit off soloing /players 4.

Having additional players around already doesn't benefit maps dropping (they're ignored for map drops).

sakalthor wrote:

Can we expect a patch where will be addressed the randomization issue? Because lets be frankly, areas are 95% the same whenever you enter them. This is best oobservable inside the maps, always the same level design, randomization is totally absent.

This is addressed for a lot of Act One in this patch (see patch notes). Please let me know if you're happy with the degree of randomisation in those areas now.

teek wrote:

Chris, will we see this fix implemented? it has been mentioned in the trap thread but is not in your patch notes

Mark_GGG wrote:

Fire trap was not dealing area damage, this has been fixed for 0.9.12

Good question, I'll check on Monday!

MindGem wrote:

ehm...when is this patch coming?

Late next week or early the week after. It says that in the original post :)

garbles wrote:

Also: since my build is totally ruined and new keystones are being added, will there be a chance to reset our skill trees?

Yes, it says that all passives are reset in the patch notes :)

Well, I finally got around to downloading this earlier today, and can I say thank you to the people here for bringing it to my attention. It's been a real blast today, and as I have a week off, I'm hoping I can get a lot of play in. I've only played six hours, and died a few times in the process, but it's been a blast. Here's to more of the same tomorrow.