Path of Exile

Dobster

Free on line will reduce the standards though a bit.

Not shure about that.

You will be able to buy own server ( for clan or other ), and also buy special events / legues( challenges ).

But only time will tell.

Edited by D-molisher

Ryan, have you tried DrakenSang? Schot's playing it almost religiously when he had time before his hours went crazy.

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?/topic/19250-anyone-try-drakensang-online/

It's free, it's unbelievable that it's a browser game

:)

gogo

Gogo, there are times when I really love this forum for introducing me to new games. Now is one of those times :yay: Any idea if Schot still plays occasionally? Game looks very sweet for being a browser AND free to play. Just what I was looking for!

I completed normal mode on my necro / ice wich.

So far wery solid game, with alot off bugs that need weeding out.

I got her level 23 or so, doesnt matter - since she will die scouting for bugs ... call it faith.

Act 1 is almost finished - act 2 & 3 are missing ½ or more off content. Besides that we got normal, cruel & ruthless difficulty.

( missing hardest difficulty. though ruthless you will get 2 hit killed. )

Going to be an update to beta version charlie when pax ends.

So far memory dumping and e-mailing at crashes zoning - trying to hlp them figure out why.

Besides that, Area of Effect makes massive lag when partying a wich. :evil:

So I have a hard time getting to party.

Ice wiches got 5 spells- lightning got 3, fire got 1, necro got 2 spells.

They are going to change spells on charly update, cold Area of Effect and others need some love peops say. I dont see why, if you spec for passive cold skills you are an evol wich for poor mobs. :bow:

P.S. I just got my beta key a few days ago. So I am waiting for reply for allovance to donate it to someone in clan.(Llama )

Edited by D-molisher

LMB,middle wheel, RMB, q, w, e, r, t. for active attack skills. ( from gems )

Pot slots in 1 to 5. ( till charly expansion, then 1-0, depending on belt.)

When you start you can only LMB, and its best with a weap in hand offcource.

To not move LMB - hold shift down and LMB attack.

To link items CTRL click item with chat open/ Poe forum post open.

To reset instance shift click entrence - only for beta testing. Also reason they made all drops random generated to make us test, not boss run.

LMB is set for normal attack. But if you LMB ingame active skills slots - you can change it to any skill you have slottet/ are able to use.

Screenschot F8.

Minimap Tab.

And others I dont remember like see latency and peops online hc server / sc server / other beta tools.

Edited by D-molisher

Ehm rip wixen 2 & 3.

Both got in mid 20´s and things started getting painfull.

The mechanism for evasion is getting a redo, with around 70 % evasion, chance getting 2 hitted in cruel is 30 % chance each hit.

Besides that rangers are missing an Area of Effect attack skill, especially the non bow using rangers.

Area of Effect for rangers and another evasion mechanism will be added on expansion Charly.

Actually atleast 10 peops are competing getting the first surviving ranger to level 40.

There are noone in ladder with a ranger past level 40 alive in HC.Or actually a surviving ranger on Ruthless difficulty past chapter 1.

Lost first one to endboss chapter one.

I made wixen_four: going to be a shield sword ranger test to 30, or to when she meets faith. Gonna reroll her anyway on update - just curious about the rage charges for ranger :D. With 5 charges active, you have 10 normal attacks a second as level 30.

With almost no defence and rage hp loss/ increased DMG on low health - definately need a test. :evil:

Dmolisher my necro/ice wich level 33 PWN, only issue with necros is no pets in boss fights - cause no corpses to animate.

Thats why also ice speced, for the freeze and chill procs. A slowed or frozen boss is less likely to hit you.

She can have 8 ghouls and 7 ghosts.

Shes at chapter 2 endboss almost ready for Ruthless, but easy peacy - not much testing with that build.( read boring )

Shes currently able to mutilate mobs 5-6 level above her level without a problem. Only challenge is the endboss chapter 1.

I lost her 3 times to endboss chapter 1, and 1 time all party wipe - because 2 people summoned a city portal all party crashed and wiped.

That bug have been fixed :thumbsup:

She is rank 68 on HC ladder.

P.S Difficulty are: Normal, Cruel, Ruthless ( & secret - not added ).

And a warning: Partying adds 50 % mobhealth pr party member.

Edited by D-molisher

Wixen nr 4 made it to level 32 in ruthless. RIP

But shoved me a fun faaaast close-combat build, only bad is no defence. Meaning if you get crit in ruthless you die in 1 hit.

The Frenzy skill gem - mixed with passive frenzy specs is redicilous fast. I hit the games limit off 10 attacks a sec as level 30.

Poor fingers and mouse.

Gonne reroll her on game update to test evasion changes - cause as is you got 30 % chance on ruhless to die each hit from any named mob.

Oh and stubbie got a beta key.

So now LLama, Dobster, Vorlon, Dags, Stubbie & me are in PoE beta from DA.

Ryan, have you tried DrakenSang? Schot's playing it almost religiously when he had time before his hours went crazy.

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?/topic/19250-anyone-try-drakensang-online/

It's free, it's unbelievable that it's a browser game

gogo

Gogo, there are times when I really love this forum for introducing me to new games. Now is one of those times :yay: Any idea if Schot still plays occasionally? Game looks very sweet for being a browser AND free to play. Just what I was looking for!

Sorry to get abck to this so late, and Dmol, this is the last time I take it off topic :hugs: Ryan, he's working twelve hours shifts, and his back hands have been pretty bad lately, but I know sometimes he does play, and I have toons to. There is a drakensang online topic here somewhere on fdm, can you post on it on when you want to meet us up?

gogo

Ehm rip wixen 2 & 3.

Both got in mid 20´s and things started getting painfull.

The mechanism for evasion is getting a redo, with around 70 % evasion, chance getting 2 hitted in cruel is 30 % chance each hit.

Besides that rangers are missing an Area of Effect attack skill, especially the non bow using rangers.

Area of Effect for rangers and another evasion mechanism will be added on expansion Charly.

Actually atleast 10 peops are competing getting the first surviving ranger to level 40.

There are noone in ladder with a ranger past level 40 alive in HC.Or actually a surviving ranger on Ruthless difficulty past chapter 1.

Lost first one to endboss chapter one.

I made wixen_four: going to be a shield sword ranger test to 30, or to when she meets faith. Gonna reroll her anyway on update - just curious about the rage charges for ranger :D. With 5 charges active, you have 10 normal attacks a second as level 30.

With almost no defence and rage hp loss/ increased DMG on low health - definately need a test. :evil:

Dmolisher my necro/ice wich level 33 PWN, only issue with necros is no pets in boss fights - cause no corpses to animate.

Thats why also ice speced, for the freeze and chill procs. A slowed or frozen boss is less likely to hit you.

She can have 8 ghouls and 7 ghosts.

Shes at chapter 2 endboss almost ready for Ruthless, but easy peacy - not much testing with that build.( read boring )

Shes currently able to mutilate mobs 5-6 level above her level without a problem. Only challenge is the endboss chapter 1.

I lost her 3 times to endboss chapter 1, and 1 time all party wipe - because 2 people summoned a city portal all party crashed and wiped.

That bug have been fixed :thumbsup:

She is rank 68 on HC ladder.

P.S Difficulty are: Normal, Cruel, Ruthless ( & secret - not added ).

And a warning: Partying adds 50 % mobhealth pr party member.

Wixen nr 4 made it to level 32 in ruthless. RIP

But shoved me a fun faaaast close-combat build, only bad is no defence. Meaning if you get crit in ruthless you die in 1 hit.

The Frenzy skill gem - mixed with passive frenzy specs is redicilous fast. I hit the games limit off 10 attacks a sec as level 30.

Poor fingers and mouse.

Gonne reroll her on game update to test evasion changes - cause as is you got 30 % chance on ruhless to die each hit from any named mob.

Oh and stubbie got a beta key.

So now LLama, Dobster, Vorlon, Dags, Stubbie & me are in PoE beta from DA.

Awesome stuff, Dmol! Love reading about beta funtimes! Squash them bugs D-E-D dead!

Sounds like Ruthless is somekindafun! 1 in 3 chance to die from any attack from... a champion, or ANY mob? Rough.

The champions, and the bosses.

They got high crit, stunn, and other spec attacks.

And since evasion is a chance roll, you roughly got a 3 in 10 chance off dying.

The devs are gonna try some else with evasion, I look forvard to testing that.

Ya ruthless is wilde, cant wait to try merciless when its added. :whistle:

Edited by D-molisher

Latest Beta member from DA:

Rotluchs , GZ mate. I hope you go HC - not no dying world with its issues like the rest from DA.

So now Rotluchs, Llama, Dobster, Vorlon, Dags, Stubbie & me are in PoE beta from DA.

I think that if you like the build possiblities in Sacred you'll probably like PoE. The builds are defined by what skill gems (random drops + quest rewards) you use, connected support gems, passive skills (generally add small bonuses to the usual stats, damage, HP, attack speed, armour, etc & the passive skill "tree" is insane (proper bat-FECAL MATTER! insanity, not your common-or-garden insanity), it's circular for a start & you can cross from one part of it to another if you pick skills that head in that direction) & items (which have the sockets that you put skill & support gems in).

My Ranger started off with Split Arrow (fires x extra arrows in a cone, with a small damage reduction), was doing ok with it. By the start of act 2 you'll start to see the support gems dropping, so I dropped an "adds +% fire damage" gem in & Split Arrow's doing a fair bit more damage (physical + fire), then I found an "adds x-y ice damage" gem, but didn't have any sockets for it on my other item, so I got a second item with connected sockets, dropped a Split Arrow gem in there with the +Ice damage & now my Split Arrow's doing a fair bit more physical, fire & ice damage. The game really starts to shine when you get high enough to have the support gems dropping.

The fire animation is awesome when you crit with fire-damage, you set the target on fire for 4 seconds & the animation is probably the best I've seen, especially on the larger monsters.

They've also done something very interesting with the currency, instead of using gold, there are various droppable/stackable items that are used as currency with the vendors & as consumable items, eg, Scrolls of Wisdom (ID items), Portal Scrolls (a TP, obviously), Jeweller's Orb (randomises the sockets on an item), an item that converts a white item into a blue item, an orb that adds a pre/suffix onto an item (if the item has enough "space") & loads more, and since people are using the items for their intended purpose as well as for trading, that should keep a lid on inflation (or at least mitigate the effects somewhat). The Devs definitely have their heads screwed on & have put a lot of thought into their decisions (not that I necessarily agree with them all, but it's clear that they've definitely been thinking about things).

Going online on my easy buttom Electrocute.

Now thats a unchallenging build - unless I fall asleep. :whistle:

Solod all way to end off cruel already, gonna try all solo till she dies.

But lightning specced & lightning charge caster is cakewalk. Even with only 2 spells added - no need for more.

Need check if ruthless is dangerous for this build - but I wery much doubt it - shes even full mf specced: 34 % item quantity & 74 % item rarity.

Yes shes using the mod gems : Item rarity ( 12 % quality - int) Item quantity ( 15 % quality - str ).Both linked with shock nova Area of Effect - ( 26 - 518 dmg normal - crit 7 % extra still needs some passive mods )

Yes getting skill or modifier gems with mf quality - makes them drop as quality & they have better stats.

Around ½ off all drops I see, ( I filter all whites) is higher quality or rares.

P.S still missing to get my first unique item.

There are so many different builds to try, sacred & ddo can giveup - this game got more combinations off builds. Could keep me occupied for an extensive loooooooong time. :sweating: ( And probably will . )

Cris said they will end up with 100 active skills and around 50 passive skills. Now thats alot off time to even scrape surface off the build possibilitys. ( Now we got 30 actives ( gems ) and 30 passives ).*

P.P.S. Charly update should be friday the second, then ill try wixen again and see if new evasion thoughts are usefull for a ranger. Besides that they will andd some Area of Effect skill for ranger and mod the existing Area of Effect´s to match the lightning Area of Effect. Then they will add a little to mobs if the new changes are to strong. :thumbsup:

I think that if you like the build possiblities in Sacred you'll probably like PoE. The builds are defined by what skill gems (random drops + quest rewards) you use, connected support gems, passive skills (generally add small bonuses to the usual stats, damage, HP, attack speed, armour, etc & the passive skill "tree" is insane (proper bat-FECAL MATTER! insanity, not your common-or-garden insanity), it's circular for a start & you can cross from one part of it to another if you pick skills that head in that direction) & items (which have the sockets that you put skill & support gems in).

Nah honestly - its a combination off:*

Passive skills, skill gems & modifier gems.

The passive skills, especially if a charge build means so big a difference. From doing base dmg on active skills- to getting more attack speed & dmg & others. ANd also distributing your stat points - depending on which side > Str. int, Dex.

And also resistances & hp/ less casting time / attack speed / run speed / more minions/ etc - there are 30 different passives right now.

And its only alpha passive tree - they said they will change it here and there with new adds and other thoughts - depending on feedback in beta forum PoE.

Edited by D-molisher

hi all, been monitoring PoE for longer than one year now,

but not luck with beta access yet :(

would love to join you all, so if anyone should ever happen to have a key to share or idle account, let me know :)

greetings,

Bob

Gratz, Bob's in the Beta now. :viking:

I made yet another char ... Gem_storage.

So if any off you HC folks need a gem or 2, let me know. I mostlikely got em.

Oh and I got my first unique, too bad I dont play Peew peew ( archers ).

Been grinding level 35 ish so far, I got 50 orbs or more, 50 uniques, and alot off useless things ( that littler Fellshrine ). Going for level 40 then goiing ruthless and faith ... Do or die.

screenshot-0006.jpg:D

Oh right let me upload that unique pic somewhere so I can link it.

Thx Jet, for hosting my pic.

P.S Llama its +2 arrows and some, worthless for me. Anybody HC peop want that.

A small sidenote:

All servers are going to be erased / reset when open Beta start, just a warning.

Edited by D-molisher

R.I.P Electrocute.

level 43 wich doing fell shrine act 2 ruthless. got critted by a named elemental. Long last her memory, and few HP. :D

Till that nothing could satisfy her need for souls to charge her Shock-nova, or stand against her :bow: forious lightning. :bow:

Hheheheh some lucky new player got all I had on me ( in SC ), before reroll.

Now time for yet another wixen.

Cris From GGG, donated clan DA 2 extra beta keys.

1 got donated to Brazzmonkey, last one is still up for grabs in clan DA forum.

Getting ready for update Charly friday this week.

There is gonna be alot off changes.

Cris From GGG, donated clan DA 2 extra beta keys.

1 got donated to Brazzmonkey, last one is still up for grabs in clan DA forum.

Getting ready for update Charly friday this week.

There is gonna be alot off changes.

I offer 1 key here to first member to reply.. Or P.M. me

Edited by Jetcutter

I offer 1 key here to first member to reply.. Or P.M. me ...

Last key gone to Panamon

Panamon from DA got the last key for the time being.

Clan DA just got 3 keys donated by Chris. We traded our beta keys and well messed some up. Made Chris giggle and donate us 3 extra keys - which are all gone now.

Chris said all the ingame Beta testers will be given keys to donate to friends.

So if you are interested - keep an eye on this thread or DA thread.

I will try keep both updated, when I am not gaming :thumbsup:

Edited by D-molisher

I Took this from Beta forum PoE:

Quote Chris ( Grinding Gear Games)

It's looking like early next week.

0.9.2 addresses a few obvious balance issues, but most of the important fixes are in the next patch, which we're already working on while 0.9.2 is being tested.

I expect that 0.9.3 will be the largest balance patch that has ever been applied to the game. Our current deployment estimate for 0.9.3 is 23 Sept.

There's no passive skill respec in 0.9.2, but you're guaranteed a pretty major one in 0.9.3...

I don't feel that 0.9.2 adequately addresses the balance concerns raised by the community yet. It's disappointing to deploy a patch that doesn't make a best attempt to fix all the balance problems, but that's what the huge 0.9.3 balance refactor is for. At least 0.9.2 brings some fun new toys and gets the realm mostly up to date with what we have in the office.

We have some of cut-throat mode in 0.9.2, so there is a small amount of PvP enabled. 0.9.3 may add more!

Edited by D-molisher

Version 0.9.2

Features:

Added new skill prototype - "Explosive Arrow": Fires an arrow which inflicts a short duration fuse charge on the enemy. Applying additional charges extends the duration. When the target dies or the fuses expire, the charges explode, dealing fire splash damage to nearby enemies.

Added new skill prototype - "Temporal Chains": Curses all targets in an area, making time pass more slowly for them. They will move, attack and cast at a reduced speed and effects on them expire slower.

Added new skill prototype - "Elemental Weakness": Curses all targets in an area, making them less resistant to elemental damage and more vulnerable to elemental status effects.

Added new skill prototype - "Warlord's Mark": Curses all targets in an area. Attacks on the cursed targets will leech life and mana, and killing them will result in more flask charges and a chance to gain an endurance charge.

Added new skill prototype - "Punishment": Curses all targets in an area, causing them to suffer some of the physical damage they deal with their attacks.

Added new skill prototype - "Enfeeble": Curses all targets in an area, making their attacks less effective.

Added new skill prototype - "Critical Weakness": Curses all targets in an area, making them more vulnerable to critical strikes.

Added new skill prototype - "Projectile Weakness": Curses all targets in an area, making them easier for projectiles to pierce and easier to knock back, while reducing their evasion against projectiles.

Added new skill prototype - "Vulnerability": Curses all targets in an area, making them take increased damage from physical attacks and degeneration, and easier to stun. The target's energy shield will regenerate more slowly.

Added functionality for cut-throat leagues. We'll test this with some events in the near future!

Added user interface elements to show the life totals of party members in your instance.

Projectiles should only collide with chests now if they would open them.

Further improvements to the new user interface.

Added new Portal art.

Enabled a lot of new music for many areas.

Gonna test it for some hours.

Oh ...

Noone for beta key, comeon wake-up guys and gals. :bye:

Ill leave it up for grabs this week , if no takers ill donate it to someone from DA.

P.S. The 0.9.2 patch made all Bosses harder - so watch it young adventurers.

All bosses got updated, so they are a challenge like Merveil.

Edited by D-molisher