Path of Exile

Dobster

Version 0.9.3e

Features:

Added four new unique items.

Implemented "Chance to cause monster to flee" and "Always hit" mods for some of the new unique items.

Disabled player join/leave messages from showing in towns.

Balance:

Reduced Spark damage by -10%

Increased Explosive Arrow damage by 15%.

Increased the damage of Brutus' Ground Slam.

Reduced the damage scaling of Fire Fury's Firestorm attack on higher difficulties.

Improved the number of magic/rares/unique items dropped from act bosses.

Increased the Blood Rage attack speed bonus when on low life by an additional flat 10% speed.

Well the game is great, graphics and such can't put a finger on it and when ya smash a drowed the blood splater is very sexy, I kinda miss a zoom function its pretty close up that I don't like skill tree is abit wired but I see the general idear trying to see something new so at a beta test stage I would rate it 8/10 due to the missing zoom

Version 0.9.3f:

Fixed a known realm crash.

Decreased the creation time of game instances.

Reduced and substantially flattened the mana cost increases of most weapon based attack skills. Mana is being further rebalanced for 0.9.4, but this change should reduce the mana requirements of high level melee characters and also help prevent situations where it's undesirable for a gem to level up.

Increased the drop rate of flasks.

Fixed a bug that caused sockets to not show up on the item hovers of linked or ground items.

Reduced the Energy Shield monster aura by 30%.

The currency item drop penalty now interprets the character level as no higher than 58. This means that high level players will not be penalised for playing in end-game areas.

Fixed minion supports working with raise spectre.

Fixed some more problems with the beach levels in the Maelstrom of Chaos.

I would rate it 8/10 due to the missing zoom

I too find the lack of a zoom feature to be a deterrent to my total enjoyment of the game.

Apparently though the Dev's have no intention to modify the fixed camera...a real shame imho.

I too find the lack of a zoom feature to be a deterrent to my total enjoyment of the game.

Apparently though the Dev's have no intention to modify the fixed camera...a real shame imho.

That may be a bit of a problem, but you forget this is a indie game with a low buget and the game looks quite good all the same, I hope it will be like a better diablo 2 since diablo 3 looks so much more different.

I think id like to play this can any one tell me a bit about it?

Version 0.9.3g:

Added European servers! They're part of the same realm - just select a gateway when you launch the game and you'll be put on the appropriate servers by default when creating an area. You can still play with anyone in the world.

Developers now speak in orange text in game. This should solve impersonation issues.

Changed the empty game-instance decay time back to 15 minutes (from 8).

Fixed an issue that could prevent the realm starting correctly.

Increased the drop rates of Orb of Alchemy by 50%, Orb of Chance by 25% and Chaos Sphere by 100%. They're still quite hard to find.

Doubled the damage reflected by the damage reflection auras.

Changed Immortal Call to have no up-front invulnerability time (it now requires Endurance Charges to have any effect).

Immortal Call now only prevents Physical damage.

Changed Detonate Dead, Infernal Blow and Explosive Arrow to not have their damage scaled by mods that affect "Spell Damage".

Reduced the freeze duration of Merveil's Cold Snap.

Increased the drop rate of belts.

Increased the damage of Dual Strike by reducing its damage penalty from -20% to -10%.

Fixed Glacial Hammer to scale in damage properly as it levels up.

Reduced the Vendor costs of Flasks and hid some invalid high level items.

When you have patched, remember to select America or Europe as your gateway!

Echo that, Stubbie. Zoom is almost necessary, I guess depending on what you actually need to see. With Sacred 2, I'll play zoomed in with melee toons, as I am not hugely concerned with the rangers, but Area of Effect toons I need to be zoomed out to get max effectiveness with the nukes. But, sometimes you need to see auras around enemies, or specific weaponry if you are weak against them... lots of reasons to have a zoom feature that is not totally aesthetic.

Obviously not the biggest factor in a game, but I suppose Ascaron just spoiled us with 3 zooms levels in S1 and a totally controllable camera in Sacred 2... it's a hard one to let go of.

Ladder race HC

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Chris GGG.

Nov 26 This weekend's 3 hour ladder event

This weekend, we're going to run a temporary three hour league with prizes to the top placed people.

It will run from 10am to 1pm New Zealand time on Sunday (Nov 27 2011). This is 9pm-midnight UTC on Saturday November 26. Here is a link for more time zone conversions.

The league will be hardcore. Characters who die will be moved out of this league and into the Default league. NEW CHARACTERS MUST BE CREATED IN THIS LEAGUE TO BE ELIGIBLE. After the end of the league, they'll be moved back into the normal Hardcore or Default league depending on whether they died. STASHED ITEMS IN THIS LEAGUE WILL BE LOST.

The game version will be whatever the current 0.9.3 version is. Please note that because this is a hardcore league, a single death can disqualify you. It's very dangerous to base your builds around nova-like skills!

Our decision on the winners is final. Bugs and mistakes will get in the way for many players and this is why we are running an event like this. If you lose your ability to participate due to a bug, please tell us about it and we'll do our best to fix it. We can't change the outcome of the event due to this.

Prizes: The top character of each class at the end of the three hours will be awarded a unique item that may only be obtained through weekly events like this one. The item is tradeable and will be given to the character that participated in the league.

The winners must be still alive at the end of the event to be eligible for prizes.

To clarify - you can use the prize on an existing character. Your competition character will be moved to the default hardcore league (because it's still alive). If you want to move the prize to the non-hardcore league, you can easily put it on a new character and kill that character.

Please tell other Beta members about this event so that they all know. You're allowed to mention it to the public, of course.

If you intend to stream your play in it, let us know so that we can compile a thread of streams for people to watch.

Quote Chris GGG:

Version 0.9.3h:

Added a quest reward to the Baleful Gem quest. Old characters can go back and claim it.

Added four new unique items that can be found (and one for the upcoming ladder competition - see the Beta Status forum).

Made "massive" prefixed monsters actually massive.

Reduced the radius of the Damage Reflection, Elemental Damage Reflection and Speed auras by 10%.

Made damage reflected by the Damage Reflection auras evadable if it was triggered by an attack. All characters have some Evasion, so this doesn't just benefit the Ranger.

Capped the damage reflected per monster to 25% of your total Life+Energy Shield (before resistances/armour are applied). For example, if you have 500 Life and 25% fire resist and deal 500 fire damage to a target, you will receive 94 damage reflected.

Fixed a bug where Physical Damage Reflection would still hurt you when you had Immortal Call on.

Fixed a bug where the damage and life of Spectres were not being scaled correctly.

Fixed a problem with unidentified items displaying on the forum.

Fixed a bug that could cause a game instance to close incorrectly when you leave it.

Fixed a bug that would enable you to activate the Dark Altar without having a Combined Amulet. This used to prevent people getting bandit quest

Its 9 pm GMT / UTC, meaning 10 pm danish time satturday > Special legue HC - will be available for creation 1 hour before time opens.

The last hour is gonna be 13 characteters left, lowest level killed / kicked every 5 mins.

Last event a % off participating accounts got kicked if not dead every 15 mins, that were lowest level> first 2 hours till 13 were left.

This are a speed level contest, lowest level get kicked.

First place each class gets a unique thats account based.

Not shure if its like last ladder race, wherre second and third place got extra beta keys.

So if you wanna roll with me, Brazz, Jetcutter & hopefully Cat. Then post here, still 2 spots left.

P.S. Still testing character classes for close mana & mana regen. Need that to max xp/ killing speed.

GGG are going to use the info for more class balancing.

Edited by D-molisher

Quote Chris GGG :

Version 0.9.3h:

Added a quest reward to the Baleful Gem quest. Old characters can go back and claim it.

Added four new unique items that can be found (and one for the upcoming ladder competition - see the Beta Status forum).

Made "massive" prefixed monsters actually massive.

Reduced the radius of the Damage Reflection, Elemental Damage Reflection and Speed auras by 10%.

Made damage reflected by the Damage Reflection auras evadable if it was triggered by an attack. All characters have some Evasion, so this doesn't just benefit the Ranger.

Capped the damage reflected per monster to 25% of your total Life+Energy Shield (before resistances/armour are applied). For example, if you have 500 Life and 25% fire resist and deal 500 fire damage to a target, you will receive 94 damage reflected.

Fixed a bug where Physical Damage Reflection would still hurt you when you had Immortal Call on.

Fixed a bug where the damage and life of Spectres were not being scaled correctly.

Fixed a problem with unidentified items displaying on the forum.

Fixed a bug that could cause a game instance to close incorrectly when you leave it.

Fixed a bug that would enable you to activate the Dark Altar without having a Combined Amulet. This used to prevent people getting bandit quest rewards.

Its 9 pm GMT / UTC, meaning 10 pm danish time satturday > Special legue HC - will be available for creation 1 hour before time opens.

First place each class gets a unique thats account based.

So if you wanna roll with me, Brazz, Jetcutter & hopefully Cat. Then post here, still 2 spots left.

P.S. Still testing character classes for close mana & mana regen. Need that to max xp/ killing speed.

GGG are going to use the info for more class balancing.

2 Man clan party:

I Made a marauder: DA_Speedy_Gonzales.

Brazzmonkey made templar: Da_BrazzMOnkey_HCLdr.

I got level 17 and 80`ish %, on my marauder 2h mace build.

Brazz died first time as level 2, got nuked by fire- boss. Then rerolled & died with 7 mins left.

We both ended between rank 40 & 55, on event ladder. According to Chris.

Ya we were a little in trouble without a ranged and a pure caster type in party.

And I was unlucky with my weapon and potion drops & tinkering, slowed me alot down in killing speed.

But despite that ---> it was funn.

I had finger cramps from clicking so fast, so next week ill run a lightning caster.

They are OP ... compaired to all other builds.

P.S. They erased the event ladder, so I dont know exact ranks at end -> exept I dint win or die.

They did the rules so dead characters and those below level 20 are considdered dead & unavailable for gaming. Surviving chars level 20 and +++ got transfered to HC.

That was funn 3 hours and a little hectic.

Theres going to be another event next weekend also.

Edited by D-molisher

Quote Chris GGG :

Preliminary 0.9.4 Patch Notes

This will be deployed to the Beta Realm on the afternoon of Monday December 5, NZ time.

I've posted this here to get feedback from the general public. Beta testers: there's a thread in the Beta Status forum here if you want to discuss your concerns with any of the changes.

Version 0.9.4

Notes:

We have refunded all passive skill points because of substantial changes to the passive skill tree and the attribute requirements system. They will need to be reallocated before you can use your items/skills. Note that your item requirements are now different! Many items require substantially higher values than before, so you must invest in more attributes on the passive tree. Please take care when reallocating your passives so that you don't make your character unusable.

Features:

Added the ability to manually level a skill gem up. They don't level up by themselves anymore, but instead notify you when they've gained enough experience. Click on the appropriate + icon in the HUD or inventory screen to level it up. This should allow players greater control over what level their gems are and will prevent the situation where gems automatically levelled to have requirements that prevented you from removing items.

Improved the look and feel of the character selection screen.

Restored the Quartermaster voice intro that plays when creating a character.

Added an outline to the hovered character class in the character creation screen.

Improved the Upper Prison and added some monsters to fight before Brutus. They're useful for corpses.

Swapped the locations of Oozeback Bloom and Plague Vomit unique monsters.

The character screen now shows an estimate for average damage reduction due to armour. Note that smaller hits are reduced more and larger hits are reduced less.

Made it clear that Shield Charge cannot be used with wands currently.

Made the quest status notifications prettier.

Removed the fake aura effect from the Medicine Chest boss.

Continued to incrementally improve the art, effects, environments and sound.

Passive Skill Tree Changes:

Reduced the density of attribute nodes on the passive skill tree's "attribute highways". It's now faster to travel around the tree.

Added 12 Keystone passives! There's no limit to how many you can take, but they have very large permanent effects on your character, so plan carefully before picking any. The keystones are listed below.

Replaced bow accuracy nodes with more damage.

Added accuracy to early Marauder and Templar areas of the tree.

Changed the structure of the centre of the tree to allow faster travel across the tree and to make the item passives optional.

Reduced early Witch mana-on-kill passives.

Changed description of the Area of Effect passives to make it clear that they affect skills, not just spells.

Added some early "splash" attribute nodes close to the start position of each class.

Keystone Passives:

Minion Instability: Minions explode when reduced to low life, dealing 200% of their maximum life as fire damage to surrounding enemies.

Hex Master: Curses you cast never expire.

Conduit: Party members gain endurance/frenzy/power charges whenever you do.

Acrobatics: 20% chance to dodge all enemy attacks. Removes all armour. Removes all energy shield.

Iron Reflexes: Converts all evasion rating to armour.

Resolute Technique: Never get critical strikes. Always hit.

Avatar of Fire: Converts all physical damage to fire damage.

Unwavering Stance: You cannot be stunned. You cannot evade enemy attacks.

Armour Master: Ignore all movement penalties from armour.

Chaos Innoculation: 20% increased maximum energy shield. Provides immunity to chaos damage. Maximum life becomes 1.

Eldritch Battery: Converts all energy shield to mana.

Blood Magic: Removes all mana. Spends life instead of mana for skills.

Balance:

Changed the attribute requirements system substantially. Weapons now have more meaningful requirements that encourage players to make stronger item/passive skill decisions. The requirements of other item classes are lower than weapons: body armours are at 80% of weapons, shields at 70%, skill gems/helmets at 60%, boots at 50% and gloves/support gems at 40%.

Removed the bonus of one free attribute point of each type per level.

Increased the base damage progression of weapon types throughout the game. No longer is it mandatory to have a +100% damage weapon in order to be able to kill monsters at a reasonable speed.

Scaled monster life and player weapon/spell damage values down in order to prevent numerical inflation caused by the above change. Note that this means that the weapon values are now exactly the same as before, but all the other damage/monster life values are lower. This is not a nerf to spellcasters because the monster life was reduced at the same time as their spell damage.

Rebalanced the mana cost of many skills to better reflect their function in combat. Most weapon skills now start at a slightly higher mana cost then before (so that resources are constrained at low levels) but flatten off so that they can be used constantly at higher levels.

Reduced the number of armour base types in the game in order to prevent the spam of hundreds of confusingly similar items. Your old armour pieces still exist but many cannot be found any more.

Further biased equipment drops in favour of higher level items. You're now substantially more likely to find items close to the level of the area you're playing in. This scaling now applies to Flasks also.

Modified the drop rates of bosses (magic and above) so that there is less item spam but so that you still stand a good chance of getting magic, rare and unique items.

There's now a limit of one curse per enemy. The most recently cast one overwrites any existing ones. This is necessary because curses are very powerful and their abuse was making most high level play too easy. There will be ways soon to increase this per-monster limit.

Changed the way that stuns are calculated so that it's harder to stun a target. The thresholds of damage dealt per hit (associated with various stun probabilities) are now higher than before. This should help melee characters who were frequently being stunlocked. Characters that rely on stunning enemies may have to get additional Stun Threshold Reduction.

Reduced the chance of Energy Shield neutralising stun from 90% to 50%.

Increased the default run speed of characters but made body armours and shields slow them down depending on their type. Most characters should notice little difference.

Widened the "safe zone" in the experience penalty at higher levels, but made the falloff harsher.

Removed the bonus accuracy that was built into dexterity weapons. It comes from dexterity now.

The knockback from a Flask of Fending now only applies to melee attacks.

Raise Spectre can now only raise one Spectre by default at all levels. Minion passives must be sought to raise this limit.

Changed the quality stat of Ground Slam to Stun Duration (rather than Reduced Stun Threshold).

Increased the damage of Viper Strike, Poison Arrow, Explosive Arrow.

Reduced the damage of Discharge.

Reduced the duration of Immortal Call granted per Endurance Charge but added a 0.2 second base duration.

Reduced the duration of Temporal Chains.

Increased the duration of Blood Rage at all levels.

Shield Charge now provides no damage bonus if used at minimum range, because it's fast and doesn't miss. It still provides the same damage bonus at longer ranges.

Bug Fixes:

Increased the run speed of Ghost monsters to match their animation.

Fixed a bug where shift-attacks performed on out-of-range enemies were not able to hit in-range enemies.

Fixed a bug that caused some quest status messages to appear delayed.

Fixed a bug where Frost Wall could damage non-hostile bandit leaders.

Fixed discharge not granting charges for hitting/killing enemies.

Fixed rain of Arrows being incorrectly treated as a projectile skill.

Fixed a bug with using ctrl+enter to reply to whispers where it'd only put the @ symbol and no name.

Fixed various errors in NPC text.

Fixed a bug where the Tidal Island was unavailable on Cruel difficulty.

Fixed a bug where players could skip act two.

Fixed a bug where skill gems linked in chat would show with zero experience.

Fixed bugs related to life being shown incorrectly after adding/removing items that granted life.

Caustic flasks no longer interrupt energy shield recharge.

Caustic the wrong mods spawning on some hybrid flasks.

Fixed a bug where some quest items would not drop if there was no room.

Fixed a bug where you were able to use an item that you didn't meet the requirements for if you swapped into it.

Item Mod Changes:

We tidied up item mods substantially to help clarify the function of each item slot. None of the following changes modify existing items.

Prevented life and life regeneration mods from spawning on weapons.

Added a new tier of attack speed mod for gloves.

Reduced the maximum attack speed tier that can spawn on rings.

Doubled the values of "all attributes" mods that spawn as explicit amulet mods.

Prevented cast speed mods spawning on gloves.

Rings can only get one tier of cast speed mod now.

Amulets can only get 3 tiers of cast speed mods now.

Allowed elemental damage increase percentage mods to spawn on sceptres.

Prevented elemental damage increase percentage mods from spawning on armour pieces and belts.

Reduced the number of tiers of elemental damage mods on rings (two) and amulets (three).

Prevented strength mods from spawning on items other than rings, amulets, belts, strength armour pieces and strength weapons.

Prevented dexterity mods from spawning on items other than rings, amulets, gloves, quivers, dexterity armour pieces and dexterity weapons.

Prevented intelligence mods from spawning on items other than rings, amulets, helmets, intelligence armour pieces and intelligence weapons.

Prevented spell damage and spell critical strike chance mods from spawning on non-intelligence weapons.

Fixed the chance that spell damage mods will spawn on amulets.

The "all resistances" mods now only on shields, rings, and amulets (removed from belt, weapons and other armour pieces)

Prevented stun recovery mods from spawning on weapons and gloves.

Prevented stun duration mods from spawning on armour pieces.

Prevented projectile speed mods from spawning on anything except ranged weapons and quivers.

Critical strike chance and multiplier mods now only spawn on weapons, quivers and amulets.

Stun threshold reduction mods can now only spawn on belts and strength weapons.

Mana and mana regeneration mods can now only spawn on rings, amulets, intelligence armours and intelligence weapons.

Prevented mana/life leech mods from spawning on belts. Added to gloves.

Prevented mana/life gain on hit/enemy death mods from spawning on belts and armour pieces.

Prevented accuracy mods from spawning on armour pieces and belts.

Prevented all energy shield regeneration speed mods from spawning.

Prevented the whole-character armour type increase mods from spawning on all items except amulets.

Prevented the static armour mods from spawning on amulets and rings.

Prevented the static evasion mods from spawning on amulets and belts.

Dramatically increased the chances of getting elemental damage mods on weapons, rings, amulets and gloves.

Prevented elemental damage mods from spawing on belts.

Quote Chris GGG:

(Dec 3) Ladder Race League with 50+ Prizes

This weekend, we're going to run a temporary three hour league with awesome prizes.

It will run from 10am to 1pm New Zealand time on Sunday (Dec 4 2011). This is 9pm-midnight UTC on Saturday December 3. Here is a link for more time zone conversions.

The league will be non-hardcore. NEW CHARACTERS MUST BE CREATED IN THIS LEAGUE TO BE ELIGIBLE. After the end of the league, they'll be moved back into the Default league. The league will be open for character creation at least 30 minutes before the start of the competition.

Prizes:

During the tournament, we will track the first player to complete various achievements in this league. As soon as these are achieved, they will be announced publicly for all the participants to see.

At the end of the tournament, we will award the prizes in the Hardcore league on a character that we add to your account. If you want to transfer these prizes to the Default league, then just kill that character.

As prizes are claimed, we will update this post to show what remains.

Top Prizes:

The top player of each class by experience: Demigod's Presence (Unique Amulet).

The first player to enter Cruel difficulty: Divine Orb

The first player to enter Ruthless difficulty: Mirror of Kalandra

Full-clears:

The first player to kill all of the monsters in any of the following areas will receive the listed currency item for that area. Note that your minions count as monsters currently, so we strongly recommend avoiding minion builds if you want to win this prize. If you are in a party, then the player who gets the killing blow on the final monster gets the prize.

(Normal) Fetid Pool: Exalted Orb

(Normal) Church Dungeon Level 2: Exalted Orb

(Normal) Dread Thicket: Exalted Orb

(Cruel) Fetid Pool: Exalted Orb

(Cruel) Church Dungeon Level 2: Exalted Orb

(Cruel) Dread Thicket: Exalted Orb

Quests:

The first player to complete each of these quests wins the prize listed. If you're in a party then only one of you will win the prize. The player will be selected randomly.

(Normal) Kill Hillock: Orb of Alchemy

(Normal) Give Nessa the Medicine Chest: Regal Orb

(Normal) Drain Submerged Passage: Orb of Alchemy

(Normal) Kill the Deep Dweller: Regal Orb

(Normal) Kill Brutus: 2x Orb of Alchemy

(Normal) Kill Fairgraves: Chaos Sphere

(Normal) Kill Merveil: 2x Chaos Sphere

(Normal) Kill Alira: Divine Orb

(Normal) Kill Oak: Divine Orb

(Normal) Kill Kraityn: Divine Orb

(Normal) Get the Combined Amulet: Regal Orb

(Normal) Return Silk's Spear: Exalted Orb

(Normal) Bring Baleful Gem to Gruest: Exalted Orb

(Normal) Open Cathedral of Bones: Regal Orb

(Cruel) Kill Hillock: Orb of Alchemy

(Cruel) Give Nessa the Medicine Chest: Regal Orb

(Cruel) Drain Submerged Passage: Orb of Alchemy

(Cruel) Kill the Deep Dweller: Regal Orb

(Cruel) Kill Brutus: 2x Orb of Alchemy

(Cruel) Kill Fairgraves: Chaos Sphere

(Cruel) Kill Merveil: 2x Chaos Sphere

(Cruel) Kill Alira: Divine Orb

(Cruel) Kill Oak: Divine Orb

(Cruel) Kill Kraityn: Divine Orb

(Cruel) Get the Combined Amulet: Regal Orb

(Cruel) Return Silk's Spear: Exalted Orb

(Cruel) Bring Baleful Gem to Gruest: Exalted Orb

(Cruel) Open Cathedral of Bones: Regal Orb

Spot Prizes:

We'll also distribute some spot prizes randomly after the event to people who reached certain level thresholds. You can be eligible for multiple tiers of spot prizes. Winners of other categories can still win spot prizes.

Level 30+: Exalted Orb

Level 25+: Regal Orb (2 people receive this)

Level 20+: Orb of Alchemy (5 people receive this)

Miscellaneous:

The game version will be whatever the current 0.9.3 version is. STASHED ITEMS IN THIS LEAGUE WILL BE LOST

Our decision on the winners is final. Bugs and mistakes will get in the way for many players and this is why we are running an event like this. If you lose your ability to participate due to a bug, please tell us about it and we'll do our best to fix it. We can't change the outcome of the event due to this.

I will be running with :

D-molisher > Wich.

Jetcutter > Ranger.

BrazzMonkey > Marauder.

Still 3 spots if someone are interested.

Event are in 6 hours from this post.

:viking: Come on ... its SC, we need 3 more . :whip:

Edited by D-molisher

Chris and Jonathan from Grinding Gear Games play through the second part of Act One of the Path of Exile Beta. This is filmed with a pre-release version of the 0.9.4 patch, so many new features and tweaks are shown!

Edited by D-molisher

Got level 19, 93 %

Finger cramps.

30: BrazzMonkey - DA_BrazzMonkey_SCLDR, Marauder lvl20, xp 861209

32: Dewberry - DA_Zoro, Duelist lvl19, xp 835428

33: Jetcutter - DA_Sparkle, Witch lvl19, xp 832682 ( me Dmolisher use jets account )

40: Ben3styx - Jetcutter_event, Ranger lvl18, xp 555714

Server crashed after 1 hour and cats character didnt save progress, so she was level 1.

That was wild and messy at times at end - we horded monsters for me to nuke, almost got 2 level in last 6 mins.

Level 20+: Orb of Alchemy (5 people receive this)

etc ... &

DA_BrazzMonkey_SCLDR

Edited by D-molisher
  • 2 weeks later...