Schot's New Bamboo??

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaa lol, I love it Lots of serious purchases yesterday, and he finally caved in.

Pen and touch

He was doing what he thought was just "scribbling" when I caught the image on the screen...

"HEY THAT'S ME AVATAR"

I love the black and white contrast... powerful images, with clean strokes, and the ability to scale work from a few seconds to true masterpieces if you want to spend the time.

I've been begging for more graphical output... I've been thinking the default avatars need a bit of a face lift... and I think a whole back of darkboard doodles would be sharp

C'mon ye Schot!

:(

gogo

Wow! News travels fast. :( Tis true ryan, I finally gave in to the Bamboo allure and I'm loving it. ^^ I still have a lot to learn with this thing as I'm finding it much different than drawing with a pencil but I can see it's potential, as well as my own. I've been wanting to get back into drawing for years now but the thought of having to use all kinds of paper and do all the needed erasing that comes with drawing was a bit of a turnoff and stopped me from getting back into it. Mostly because, to me, drawing seemed pointless with the knowledge that I could be doing it with a Bamboo. The Bamboo is awesome. I do love it already though it isn't quite as good as a pencil but if this one goes well I'll definitely invest in a more precise version. There's two issues I have so far with it. There's a sort of delay from the time I draw a stroke to the time that stroke is rendered on screen. It's always rendering live while I draw but it's just a bit behind my stroke progression which for now is throwing me a bit off. And the other issue I have is that the pen pressure isn't as accurate as I'd like. I have a feeling that I'll be able to tweak that more but ultimately I'm drawing in digital so in todays technology the screen can't yet match paper.

I made the smart choice of buying a Pen AND Touch Bamboo so not only can I draw but I can use my index finger to do pretty much anything my mouse does. Same thing as I Laptop touch pad. Love it. I can even place two fingers on the Bamboo and drag in order to scroll a page. Oh and I think I saw something about being able to use other gestures on the Bamboo for various functions. I'll be sure to look that up. ^^

Yup! As gogo said he's already adopted my very first creation on the Bamboo. Shortly after which he listed out my work for the next several months, lol.

Above all else I'm finding it extremely rewarding to see my work appear on screen instantly. Sooo cool. More doodles on the way! :(

Wow! News travels fast. :(

Well, I had a solicitor on my MSN doorstep advertising your products :(

Glad to see you're taking a break from those maps and getting back to something you love (unless you love those maps ;) ). Can't wait to see what else we've got coming down the road from our new geared up artist :)

Don't jinx me Ryan!

:(

gogo

p.s. man...fingerprints..sigh...

Cheers DB!

Come on gogo. Give it a try. Draw yourself a new avy for kicks. :)

Here's another doodle. I was working on tweaking the pen settings a bit. Getting closer to a draw tip that works for me. I'm getting so addicted to this. ^^

Meet Jebby!

jebby.gif

I've often toyed with the idea of a drawing tablet. I was surprised to see the price of this one--much lower than I expected..... Perhaps next year will find one attached to my computer.

Don't jinx me Ryan!

:yay:

gogo

p.s. man...fingerprints..sigh...

Cheers DB!

Come on gogo. Give it a try. Draw yourself a new avy for kicks. :)

Here's another doodle. I was working on tweaking the pen settings a bit. Getting closer to a draw tip that works for me. I'm getting so addicted to this. ^^

Meet Jebby!

post-19-1283996682.gif

I get an error trying to open that link...

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

The error returned was:

Sorry, but you do not have permission to use this feature. If you are not logged in, you may do so using the form below if available.

Oops, I'm playing a bit with the forum attachment system. Can you see it now Dragon?

I've often toyed with the idea of a drawing tablet. I was surprised to see the price of this one--much lower than I expected..... Perhaps next year will find one attached to my computer.

It's a great deal of fun Sil. If not for drawing then even just for browsing.

• 2 years later...

We had some discussion yesterday.

The problem was: The twins are 5 and a half now. School will start for them after summer and the school wrote that they will use computers right away from first week. So which device should be used:

mouse: fast switching between keyboard and pointing device, hand moves are not as fine as finger moves

touchball: what I use. fast switching between keyboard and pointing device, finer control than mouse, but are there any touchballs in a size for 6 year olds

graphic tablet: slow switching between keyboard and pointing device, but intuitiv for young ones, best fine motoric

ring mouse: none in kids size

I would say graphic tablet ?

• Like! 1

I'm not sure which is the best one Chattius, but I've seen what some of the really high end tablets can do, and Google is price leading these days on EVERYTHING.

I'll Schot to see if he can swing by this thread, lately he's been looking at some "stuff" too.

The old school graphics tablets are cool, but, and I guess I'm wondering as well.. with a stylus, does the Ipad or the nexus 10 give it a run for the competition?

:)

gogo

They start with something like this programming language for kids called squeak.

The computers will stay at school as far as I know. There is a central server room and the room for the first class has just keyboards, monitor and pointing device attached via radio and/or cable.

Our twins are both left handed just like me.