Orc Shock - Are we sure it drops every 23 levels?

Have two 10'ers myself, sounds bit extreme for a common weapon like that to have huge level gaps like that between each version, need to check my mules and see if 23 is correct.

That is definitely incorrect, which leads to this question: what method was used to determine how often each weapon spawns? How do we know that the spawning frequency for the rest of the weapons in the wiki are accurate?

Another weapon in Wiki says it spawns every 7 lvls, yet the weapon in the picture is 66.....

Unique weapons are not droppable at item levels below around 10-12. So if that item has its lowest possible drop as a level level 10, it can drop at 10, 17, 24...66 (66 = base level 10+8*increment of 7).

As to orc shock spawning every 23 levels, I'm pretty certain it does, I just checked and I have one at level 10, one at level 33 and one at 56 and a few double ups. But thats all 23level jumps. In any case, whoever did it would have read the jumps from the blueprints.txt file where it tells the level jumps for uniques and stuff in there.

Edited by Dragon Brother
Another weapon in Wiki says it spawns every 7 lvls, yet the weapon in the picture is 66.....

Unique weapons are not droppable at item levels below around 10-12. So if that item has its lowest possible drop as a level level 10, it can drop at 10, 17, 24...66 (66 = base level 10+8*increment of 7).

As to orc shock spawning every 23 levels, I'm pretty certain it does, I just checked and I have one at level 10, one at level 33 and one at 56 and a few double ups. But thats all 23level jumps.

Loved that info Dragon, that was good discovery for us.

In any case, whoever did it would have read the jumps from the blueprints.txt file where it tells the level jumps for uniques and stuff in there.

Antitrust, the local Sacred 2 stats guru of course ^^

;)

gogo