Why does Kybele's Song have less damage then my Blowpipe of Treasures?

Bariel

Thought I understood Sacred 2 pretty well but I've come up against something I really don't understand, I'm level 82 now with my new dryad

I was still using a blowpipe I shopped with a level 5 shopper, damage has been great up til now and wanting an increase in damage I've been back to silver difficulty to do the dryad class question and rewarded with a level 82 Kybele's Song - excited by the new weapon I've socketed it but find that although the dmg of the weapon is twice as much my ingame dmg shown inmy toons overview is reduced (I'm on the xbox if that makes any difference)

Blowpipe of Treasures

level 6

Damage 160-170 (socketed with dmg-dmg rings in 2 silver sockets

Chance for crits +12.9%

Change for knockback 10.1%

Change for Weaken/burn/poison/freeze +14.6%

My Damage when equipped - 4649-4882 (4291-4417 phys + 358-465 poison)

Kybele's Song

level 82

Damage - 300-346 (socketed again with dmg-dmg rings in 2 gold sockets)

Change for deadly wounds - 5.8%

Experience per kill - 11.1%

Chance for Crits 16.3%

My Damage When equiped - 3325-3776 (2606-2853 phys + 719-923 poison)

Hopefully the wiser heads here can help me understand why Kybele's should do twice as much damage it ends up doing a 1100 less overall?

EDIT: tested with a Dysheas Hunter and another rare blowpipe and although both have higher dmg they still show less overall damage in the overview than this level 6 one.. *Confuzzled*

Edited by Bariel
  • Like! 1

Both have inbuilt poison modifier, the Dyasheas that I tried though hasn't any modifier and is 100% physical damage and it still does less damage.

I haven't tested againt monsters just looking in the Toons Overview screen to show what damage it does -- is this likely to be wrong?

could it be attack speed /casting speed is slower with this high level weapon? that effects your damage shown

I never played a dryad I am just just guessing

with your 12.5% crit on low level pipe if it crits it will do more damage than new one looking at stats posted......

Is that crit the only place your dryad gets crits from ,,,if so that explanes it ?

Edited by Bonan

Heya,

did you read out left click damage or say... RI damage? If so, the added damage might have been 'Aspect: Capricious Hunter + ...'

Did one of the damage rings have +aspect? or +% damage as second modifier ?

Might you also have replaced equipment parts that may have increased the Hunter aspect?

Did you read out damage Buffed with Sinister or Unbuffed?

Couple thing from the top of my head.... hope it helps!

Greetz

It's left click damage and both items equipped at the same time and just swapped weapons between them so all other kit is the same -- it's a bizarre situation, just reached 108 this morning and still using this level 6 blowpipe!

It puts be into the zone where I can use my voodoo shopper dryad to find some rare blowpipes around my level so I'll buy a load of them and see what each does to damage reported.

Only thing I can figure is your on xbox and can socket high level jewelry into any item. Might just be an xbox glitch that is in your favor.

• 2 weeks later...