Temple Guardian ping-pong build

ololcat

Well, AD-based "ping-pong" TG build is my first build for this character. And I've been thinking of skills for him to pick up:

LF Lore (just 200 points here) for crits and damage

DG Focus (75) for more levels into Battle Aura and T-Energy Shroud buffs.

LF Focus (75+) for more levels into AD and JT

SW Focus (75) for levels into Untouchable Force buff

Concentration (75) for three buffs

Armor Lore (75)

Constitution (75)

Warding Energy Lore (75)

Spell Resistance (75)

Combat Discipline (75)

This is a *basic* build for him, but I want to add Damage Lore here, so I have to drop two skills (first skill will be wasted on Tactics Lore to unlock DL.)

I'm not sure, but I'm about to drop Constitution and SW Focus. Const can be substituted with big energy shield (and +40% absorb WE bonus from items). And I'll be going without third buff (wanted to mod it for stun and ranged block.)

So, maybe you would drop other skills? Then which and why?

And CAs:

T-Energy Shroud: Power/Reduction/Reflection

Combat Alert: Barricade/Riposte/Permanent

AD: Ricochet/Ricochet/Speed Shot or Ice Bullets - I'm not sure

JT: LL/Voltage/Flux (if AD will be too weak for bosses)

//Untouchable Force: Mind Control/Calm/Crumble

Plus it would be good to socket some knockback into armor.

Does anyone know if knockback from gear works with AD?

:woot:

Edited by ololcat

Heya there Ololcat!

Your basic build is very solid. Replacing Constitution is also fine! The TG's energy shield is very strong :woot:

IF you still want to run with 3 buffs.... you can also skip Spell Resistance. Make sure all damage goes into the shield, and you have lots of shield energy. I tested a build myself this way. At least up to platinum (level 108) I have been running more than fine. I also have one at level 160, but that one was built pre-Ice and Blood... so cannot really help you out there.

Anyways... if you socket enough shield absorb, -DoT or some mitigation, nothing is going to down that shield :oooo:

Greetz

Thanks, but now I'm not really sure that damage converter socketed into battery really affects AD.

I need to do some testing there, maybe I don't even need to drop two skills to get DL, since that damage "conversion" can be just a display bug.

Heya,

hmm.... not sure about the battery either... it might just enhance the left click (&shooting) only.

You know what we need here?

LLAMA! Will tell him about your thread if I find him ingame...

Greetz

:P

The damage converters shouldn't affect AD, but I remember someone else mentioning that it affected some other CAs that it shouldn't... I'll test it when my ISP lets me play Sacred 2 closed without pings in the 5-7 digits.

Edit: one thing to think about, Tactics Lore will increase the amount of damage reduction that you get from the shield, so it's not entirely "wasted" on this type of build.

Edit: Doesn't look like the damage converters will affect AD, I socketed a ~47% conversion to fire into my battery & then into my weapon with no effect on AD (though when socketted into the battery it did change the CA damage in the inventory, but when socketted into the weapon it didn't, so it looks like the display bug is still alive & well).

Drop Constitution, period. Every Temple Guardian build thus far has run T-Energy Shield, and it's been sufficient for all of them. (Though somebody does need to try going without it one of these days.)

You're running an interesting build that is going to have interesting problems. Lost Fusion needs Deathly Spears to supplement it against bosses. Amplifying Discharge won't be enough. Depending on how true you intend to stay to your build and how much online play you do, you'll ultimately hit a wall with this build.

Fit Combat Discipline into your build somewhere earlier. I don't have the necessary experience with Ice & Blood, but Spell Resistance should be able to wait until Level 75. And... it sounds like a lot of people can get by without it. You may want to consider dropping it entirely. On the flip side, a lot of people seem to be giving it a lot of credit for making Ice & Blood significantly easier.

Source Warden Focus is pretty much your only other choice for a skill to drop. And, if you do, you would have the option to drop Concentration, if you wanted to leave Combat Alert cast-only.

... man, I'm really out of practice. I need to get back into this game.

I assume you've looked into Vaclaf's various Lost Fusion builds? They're practically the Temple Guardian Bible.

Lost Fusion needs Deathly Spears to supplement it against bosses. Amplifying Discharge won't be enough.

Jolting Touch from the Lost Fusion aspect can kill bosses quickly and easily on it's own when modded life leech/self repair/shelter. JT will stack on bosses giving an instant regen with good leech/damage and over 100% mitigation. If you don't want to go down the deathly spears road then JT is all you need to kill all bosses.

I can't stand the noise that DS makes so I had to find another way to kill bosses with LF :gun2: