Modded Battle extension and Life Leech shuriken?

claudius

I know for the shadow warrior when you use frenzied rampage with double hit mods (never tested it without those mods) you get 3 hits with ONE ANIMATION of the shuriken. This is awesome because if you can get say 2 % LL and you can animate 2x per second that means you can drop the boss in like 10 seconds.

I have tested Battle extension and a %LL shuriken without the mods. I only got one hit. My question is what happens if you mod Battle Extension? Will I get 3x hits like with the shadow warrior? Or no?

The alternative would be to use dedicated blow on bosses. That one you can mod for stun and deadly wounds which would also be a nice modification for a boss. Though I think 3x the pain would trump stun and deadly wounds....

Battle Extension is only supposed to do one "bigger" hit with ranged weapons, rather than multiple hits like the other "Attack" CAs. I've only tried with a level 9 BE modified with the first Double Attack mod, but that didn't do any double hits over ~20-30 hits.

Llama did you try it with the mods to double hit? I will probably export to SP when I get some skillpoints.

Oh llama laser pistol is awesome with Battle Extension. I'm not talking the disco thing (when the arm cannon goes nuts if put late in a combo). I am talking the single combat art in a slot. What happens is two rapid 'fires' from your pistol. It is effective because its a faster animation than just left clicks with max 150 speed.

But this question is still open. Do modded Battle extension with a life leach shuriken induce more than 1 hit per animation (when modded for double hit)?

Essjays I know about the mounted trick but I am using pistols for mobs and I don't think they work with the 'mounted trick'... I think kaldurs is the only bosshunting weapon that is wielded in one arm with % LL (that works with the mounted trick).

Edited by claudius

I just tested the pistol and the shuriken with the first of the double hit mods on battle extension. The pistol sometimes gets double hits. The wiki says 15% and that seems right. I needed to find champions to test this (or use a weak pistol). The shuriken also gives double hits 15%. So it is decent, but still nothing like the shadow warrior and frenzied rampage with a shuriken. That one gives 3 hits per throw and the bosses go down hard and fast.

• 2 weeks later...

When I actually chose it on my closed HC character the horror soon dawned on me that the double hit does NOT work with shuriken or pistol. I don't know how I got those earlier test results. But 3 times through turtle island I hit the champion turtles at least 15 per run and also the poison lord. At no time did I see a double hit from pistol or shuriken.

I gave up and restarted my character :o

moral of story is that battle extension only gets double hit on melee weapons.