New Model Content for Shadow Warrior

This new texture looks very good - now SW looks like a proper Hellknight and obviously means serious business. The original texture, the one this set uses in the current version of the mod, is bright and colorful. It makes an impression of dress uniform, maybe. It's a suit of armor that is mostly for show, something worn for parades and tournaments, not for battle. New, darker texture is a proper battle suit - and you don't want to cross a warrior who wears it. Suddenly, all the spikes stop looking like an excessive elaboration and blend into a general picture of a powerful and menacing warrior. Not to mention that with this texture the set bears rather strong visual resemblance to Diablo's hellknights, so the item names look well-matched. I hope to see this new texture in the mod, either as an update of the current one, or as a new design.

• Like! 1

Thanks!

I deliberately avoided this look from the start, for a couple reasons. For starters I wanted to avoid similarity with Armatin's and Infernal sets. Also, personally I really liked the ambiguity of the golden armor. The model is "wicked" but with the sort of glorious, noble color scheme, the set doesn't shout "dark evil lord of the underworld" as this new design does. The gold and red gives it a bit of more of a heroic touch, like maybe he's a Guard against Doom. But mainly I kept the gold because Dimitriy first presented it with the gold armor, though he did ok the idea for a darker look as well.

For those reasons, and also because the look of the Doom Guard armor is pretty well established, I don't think I want to change it now. But I must say, like every new thing I create, I'm totally smitten by this new armor design. So, I think it would be best to make it random rare armor parts.

Edited by Flix
  • Like! 1

I have a question and an idea. Question first. Flix, how do you get such closeups of the characters? I'd LOVE to be able to get the camera that close up on my characters, esp with some of the new armor. Are there scripts that I can change camera distance or something? Now, my idea: I don't THINK we have any armor that has like cryptic runes on it, I bet dark armor (such as the one pictured above) would look absolutely sinister with runes, maybe glowing ones. But maybe that's just me, I have a new-found love of runes since I've watched "Supernatural"

• Like! 1

I deliberately avoided this look from the start, for a couple reasons. For starters I wanted to avoid similarity with Armatin's and Infernal sets. Also, personally I really liked the ambiguity of the golden armor.

I understand this. It's easy to notice the similarity of Darker color scheme to Armatin's Legacy, but that does not make the look worse. In fact, I was a bit surprised by the dark design - I expected such colors to make it visually similar to Armatin's but was not reminded of this set when I looked at your pictures. Instead, it immediately reminded me of Hellknights. All in all, the new design is not worse nor better than the original red and gold, just different. It makes less festive and more menacing impression, creates different mood. Both designs have their right to exits and deserve to be present in game. It's a good idea to make one of them into random items, and I understand your decision to keep a light version as set design. SW has enough dark sets already and would benefit from addition of a brighter one. It's just that in this particular case the spiky and edgy model design seems to favorite darker textures, so I won't be surprised if quite a few people would prefer the look of random item variation.

• Like! 1

Great work and as it already had been said now all the spikes, which I originally didn't like, do fit this set very well! With this set, I feel, the Shadowwarrior final has exactly became that, a dark warrior who came back from the shadows of another world.

• Like! 1

I have a question and an idea. Question first. Flix, how do you get such closeups of the characters? I'd LOVE to be able to get the camera that close up on my characters, esp with some of the new armor. Are there scripts that I can change camera distance or something? Now, my idea: I don't THINK we have any armor that has like cryptic runes on it, I bet dark armor (such as the one pictured above) would look absolutely sinister with runes, maybe glowing ones. But maybe that's just me, I have a new-found love of runes since I've watched "Supernatural"

I use Schot's camera settings for customoptions.txt. It's as close to total control over the camera as possible in Sacred 2. The zoom could probably be adjusted even closer, but I haven't tried it.

I looked into runes for long time as a possibilty for the Disgraced Gods Inquisitor armor. As it is, there are Greek letters that appear on Inquisitor robes and maybe a few other places. The only runes I know of are those that show up on these textures:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/File:Runes3.jpg

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/File:Runes5.jpg

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/File:Runes2.jpg

I'm not even sure if they're real or just pseudo-runes. I guess I could look into where they actually appear in-game (I have them as "Thraconian" on the Art of Ancaria page but I'm not sure). At any rate, they're not exactly glowing runes on armor.

I understand this. It's easy to notice the similarity of Darker color scheme to Armatin's Legacy, but that does not make the look worse. In fact, I was a bit surprised by the dark design - I expected such colors to make it visually similar to Armatin's but was not reminded of this set when I looked at your pictures. Instead, it immediately reminded me of Hellknights. All in all, the new design is not worse nor better than the original red and gold, just different. It makes less festive and more menacing impression, creates different mood. Both designs have their right to exits and deserve to be present in game. It's a good idea to make one of them into random items, and I understand your decision to keep a light version as set design. SW has enough dark sets already and would benefit from addition of a brighter one. It's just that in this particular case the spiky and edgy model design seems to favorite darker textures, so I won't be surprised if quite a few people would prefer the look of random item variation.

I wouldn't be surprised if most people prefer it either. Ideally, what I'd like to do is make two copies of the armor, identical except for the textures, and have one drop for the Light Campaign and one for the Shadow Campaign. This is of course only assuming we were ever able to make a proper quest for it, as Dimitrius always wanted.

Alternatively we could use both versions, and add both itemtypes to the same blueprint, so it would be a toss-up whether the player got a gold or black version of the piece. I think people would probably hate it to finally get a set piece and then have it not match the rest of their armor though.

I guess I could probably live with making this the proper Doom Guard armor and making the gold variant into a random rare. I'd really like to add the sword and shield as part of the set, and add another set bonus for having the full 10 piece set.

Edited by Flix

That .... set looks so Gladiator style and so god damn awsome, that you have to get 10/10 also , THANK YOU FOR ADDING CAPES to armors.

EDIT No.1 : Come to the dark side we have cookies , thats what those black armors represent. With a red lightsaber in your hand you could've looked like Dark Vader XD.

Edited by AngelShade
  • Like! 1

Ok, after a few days of thinking it over, I've decided to make the black knight armor the new textures for the Doom Guard set. I've also added the Hell Knight's Blade and Shield to the set, and added a new 5th set bonus for wearing all 10 pieces (Survival Bonus +X%). This will be in the upcoming version of the mod.

6adRag0.jpg

I also added fire damage to the Hell Knight's sword in addition to the magic damage. I'm not sure if I want to make fire or magic the dominant type. The orange fire looks more hellish, matches the set, and adds a bit more color to the overall look. But the flames also really overwhelm and hide the design of the sword, which I liked quite a lot. What do you think?

Kz3rDKFt.jpg qZaeqA9t.jpg 4hlA5Lct.jpg gJ1ACftt.jpg mrWFLKDt.jpg

aaHxn7wt.jpg p2uupWbt.jpg sc1IS1rt.jpg 2xcdYwSt.jpg

• Like! 1

Generally I don't feel that the fire effect is that overhelming although I can see what You, Flix, mean in some of your screenshots.

I'm not sure, but I thought that there had been someone who did a mod on reducing the effects of fire, ice, poisen and so on!? Maybe this is something You could give a try? I feel that removing the effect completely wouldn't serve the overall appearence of the set, but reducing the flame effect might do the job!?

Unfortunately I, myself, have no idea of how to do that.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Posting the set pieces and their bonuses here for you. The icons are just placeholders until I can successfully create new ones.

Black_Knight_%28Diablo_I%29.gif

The set was inspired by the Hell Knights from Diablo I, so the names of the pieces are adapted from the unique enemies of that game.

wow,Hell Knights were tough in Diablo 1,do you have any in-game screenshot of the set?

Posting the set pieces and their bonuses here for you. The icons are just placeholders until I can successfully create new ones.

Black_Knight_%28Diablo_I%29.gif

The set was inspired by the Hell Knights from Diablo I, so the names of the pieces are adapted from the unique enemies of that game.

wow,Hell Knights were tough in Diablo 1,do you have any in-game screenshot of the set?

Hmmm...do you mean you want to see in-game screenshots of the Hell Knights from Diablo? Because this thread is packed full of pictures of the Doom Guard armor we made for the Shadow Warrior.

Hmmm...do you mean you want to see in-game screenshots of the Hell Knights from Diablo? Because this thread is packed full of pictures of the Doom Guard armor we made for the Shadow Warrior.

No I already know how they look like and you included the gif of it earlier.I thought you were talking about a different set since doom guard looks different from a Hell Knight.Armantin's Helmet is almost identical to Hell Knight's helmet.Chest armor looks nearly same from the front but backside has cape(which is awesome for my double-bladed red lightsaber).

I will upload the picture when I complete my custom-dark jedi with best fitting parts.Chest armor with cape is definitely the best part I got so far

Some of the early drafts of the Doom Guard set included the original Enforcer helmet, but when I got the new helmet that Dimitriy made there was no question I was using that instead. It may look less like the Hell Knights but it makes the set have its own identity.

KI3Ktu9.jpg

• Like! 1
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...