Welcome back DarkMatters & SacredWiki!

A big high five, folks! I was sure this place was a goner, since I couldn't log in so long time. Luckily, got to read the heads up on Sacred 3 portal. Somehow got redirected there.

I'd really like to give some presents for the hacker, the heart of mine surely skipped a few beats... I'd gulp couple of beers if I hadn't drank last of 'em few hours ago. :thumbsupsmiley:

Good thing it was only a few days, not longer. But it's good to have you guys back up and running.

In the mean time, I'm kinda peeved at that bunch of skript kiddies who took the sites down... I lost a few edits I made in the days right before they hit - which didn't make it to the backups. Good thing I had the browser open to at least one of those pages.

but it was still a long time with out FDM :-(

This was! In fact this was the longest time without access to the sites that we've had in years. Someone else asked somewhere in a thread...why peeps do things like this. I think. I think Michael Caine says it best:

:woot:

gogo

p.s. Wolfie, you made it back home, sanity included! :thumbsupsmiley:

We DO love backups. ^^ Sadly though the backup they used from the 12th or 13th so there is some data loss on our end. They opted to go that far back even though they had more recent backups to reduce the chance of possible backdoors left inside of a recent backup... On top of that it turns out that the backups I have are of the 13th so using them in this case won't help. I thought I had more recent than that but I guess I dreamed up that last backup I did, lol. I think for the most part what was lost is the several quests that were done on the wiki. I know that some effort was being put into the Quest section of the wiki and I'm VERY sorry for that loss guys. I know how tough quests can be to write. :4rofl:

On the whole and given the situation I think things worked out very well. But next time I can assure you that it will work out much much better. We're going to see about automating daily database backups on our end that will be sent to two different email accounts for storage and I'll download a full backup probably once a week or whenever some major change is made.

It's good to be back. :thumbsupsmiley:

Feh... The edits I made previously were OK.. But they could have been written better. So I did it better the 2nd time around. Fortunately, I had the page open on another machine so I could see what I wrote and could use the bits from there on the one I was editing the page with. Either way, Gogo and I were just PM'ing about how the infamous Epic Office Quest could use a bit of a rewrite anyhow...

p.s. Wolfie, you made it back home, sanity included! :woot:

Yah.. I did... But it was a close one! If that last employee wasn't the last one I was quite ready for a vacation.

Yippie!

About noonish on Friday I sheepishly typed in the address for SIF... and got the bad news.

HUGE thanks to Schot & team for getting things back together fairly quickly. It is amazing how much happens in a 48-72 hour period, even for a "dated" game like Sacred.

At any rate, the faint-headedness, shaking and vomiting has started to subside now that I've gotten my "fix". :agreed:

haaaaaaaaaaa

there y'are Scott!

I had worried about you for a while, and was hoping there wasn't a problem with urls. Thanks for making it back to us safe and sound...

No more jonesin

:agreed:

gogo

Great to know that almost everything came back to normal so quickly.

Was kinda worried on Friday, so I did the same thing than Scott : went on the SIF to find out what happened.

Max

Was kinda worried on Friday, so I did the same thing than Scott : went on the SIF to find out what happened.

Where did I leave my thinker? Totally forgot about the SIF. But then again, never use the SIF...

In either case, Sacred3.org did serve its purpose for those of us who didnt "sniff the SIF".

I remain, :agreed:

Welcome to to the boards as well, Max and Etherian!

Yeah, one thing we learned well out of this was/is to leave an emergency site always up and going on another server somewhere. We can use it as an HQ/ BBoard to keep everyone up to date.

We were in such a panic this time, we didn't even think of pulling out the DarkMatters Groove

Pity

:agreed:

gogo