Interview with Deep Silvers' PR Manager Martin Wein

Dragon Brother

Well, whilst we were out of contact with FDM I was reading through some threads on the SIF and after going through the german forums thread about S3 @gamescom I saw mention to an interview with someone about the game so I set out to find it. Looks like the fellas over at Sacred Legends had someone at gamescom who got to ask Martin Wine, Senior PR manage at Deep silver a few questions.

For the google translated page go here or if you would prefer the original german page this is your link.

Hope thats of interest to some of you :thumbsupsmiley: Enjoy, time for me to head to uni.

Nice find Ashley!

I'm going over it now...I'll see if I can find someone who knows German who can help us out with a proper translation or, we'll have to hack and saw through it ourselves for English readers.

We'll put this up on the Sacred 3 site... yer a first class news hound DB

Great work

:woot:

gogo

p.s. Soooooooo... does anyone here want to volunteer their German translation skills? Surely noone wants to see me butcher this translation with google...or babblechop... please? :thumbsupsmiley:

And here we go... Ta Dah! Big thanks to our friend Strapon from the German Sacred Forum who machined out this translation in a single night after a late night harried request by me on their forums.

Thank you!

here you go I didnt check for spelling or such hope you dont mind.

gamescom 2010 Interview

This interview with Martin Wein, Senior PR Manager at Deep Silver and contact person among other things concerning sacred, was held on at 11 o' clock on Saturday at gamescom

GT-Schorsch for Sacred legends: Sacred 2 was well received in the community. Where do you see the strength and weaknesses of this title?

Martin Wein: The strength of Sacred 2 is of course the Multiplayer part. The possibilities to enter the game via "jump in" and to be online all the time fascinated me. And of course other things like humor and the easter eggs for example the funny lines on Tombstones. I also liked the Blind Guardian-concert and it was a great idea to implement that into the game. I still listen to the song now and then. I would categorize myself as a console player and it was a beautiful possibility to be able to play Sacred 2 on a Console. But I have to say that I wasn't able to finish Sacred 2. I had to put it aside because of time issues and when I wanted to proceed with the game I wasn't able to catch up with the game play again. For the Weakness of Sacred 2 I wanna mention the Quality Assurance. As a Target for Sacred 3 this will be a very important milestone to be taken care of. Its possible to deliver a bug free Game.

Sacred Legends: What do you think are the characteristics of Sacred (1 and 2) that differentiates sacred from other RPG Titles?

Wein:First of all Humor and also the integration of the community in things like suggestions for the easter eggs. I like the crankiness of the Shadow warrior. He appears to be the Arnold Schwarzenegger amongst heroes. Both Sacred Chapters have a very lively World and can be quite addictive like when you look at the clock and say to yourself "Oh come on just ten more minutes" and keep on finishing the next quest.

Sacred Legends: Is Sacred 2 a completed Project? Or are there any plans for Sacred 2?

Wein: Yes Sacred 2 is completed. there is no Team available, which could develop add-ons or such.

After the end of Ascaron as a Company the developers were torn apart and they all have different jobs in different projects.

Sacred Legends: For a lot of Sacred-Fans there are certain characteristics that belong to the Sacred Series. How does the current Concept for Sacred 3 look like? Is the Sacred sequel gonna be a typical Hack-n-Slay? Will the players have amusing lines and built-in parallels to the real World to smirk about ?

Wein: One thing is for sure. Sacred 3 will be a Sacred. We wanna keep the Charm of the series and you will stumble upon one or another popular character of the prequels. The Community will be taken on board again too. We wanna develop a sequel, which will stand the modern demands of a video game. Guido Eickmeyer who was working as the Producer when Sacred 2 was already at Deep Silver and worked for Ascaron before that is going to be in lead of the development of Sacred 3.

Sacred Legends: In which phase is Sacred 3 right now? Can you give us an overview concernig the timeplan for Sacred 3?

Wein: I cant tell you much about that right now. We just got our hands on the brand of Sacred last year. Sacred 3 is in development and we are calculating the Release Date at the earliest around 2012. The game has to be coherent. Right now we are gathering our partners. We already found a few.

Sacred Legends: Which development Studio will be responsible for Sacred 3? And which Titles was the Studio involved in?

Wein: Responsible is Deep Silver. right now we cant expose who is directly working on Sacred 3. You have to be patient about that. But the people from our Team that were involved in Risen or Sacred 2 will also be involved in Sacred 3. Thats the most logical thing to do. It wouldn't fit to let someone develop a RPG Game who had been working on a Spacegame or an Adventure. But we will get feedback from our developers that work on other games.

Sacred Legends: Will Sacred 3 be available for PC, Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 like its predecessor?

Wein: Sacred 3 will be published ffor PC and consoles. But I am not able to tell you right now which consoles that will be. If Sony or Microsoft releases a new console we would take into consideration to switch to the new console generation. but the Release for PC is confirmed. Because Sacred was and

still is a PC Game, even tho I liked the Menus and padbindings for the consoles.

Sacred legends: Will there be a release date for all platfroms?

Wein: Of course a simultanous release on all platforms is desired but we have to decide that in a much later state of the game. At first we wanna create a good game. That is a much higher priority than a simultanous release.

Sacred Legends: How about a Partnership with Weirdoz and Panini for Radio Play or books for Sacred 3?

Wein: We maintain god relations with panini and Weirdoz. Our target is to continue both the radio plays and the books. maybe the books and radio plays will continue the story of the prequels and could shorten the wait for Sacred 3. But that is just a phantasm of a PR Manager right now(smirks).

Sacred Legends: Will the story of Sacred 3 be a completely new one or will it connect to the prequels regarding time and content? / Will there be new races or playable characters? / Can you give us some more information about Sacred 3?

Wein: It is just too early to answer such Questions.

Sacred Legends: In the past the communication between the developers of Ascaron and the community itself was a part of the whole development which was treasured alot by the community. How will the between Fans/Fansites and the future development Studio look like?

Wein: We the Publisher will be very active. Just ask Don-Esteban. Its working quite well with Risen and we wanna take a similar approach for Sacred 3. With Pixel our Community Manager its working out

quite nicely we will intensify this when we have more concrete infos to the game.

Geändert von Strapon (Heute um 04:15 Uhr).

:o

gogo

Hopefully we'll get a CM of our own soon...

Agree mate, we seem to be completely in the dark at the moment over at the SIF.

I hope they will not forget about the international community.

Hopefully we'll get a CM of our own soon...

Agree mate, we seem to be completely in the dark at the moment over at the SIF.

I hope they will not forget about the international community.

Well, the following, and especially the bolded bit below makes me think that we probably wont see anything for a little while, at least until they know where the game is going/panning out.

Sacred Legends: In the past the communication between the developers of Ascaron and the community itself was a part of the whole development which was treasured alot by the community. How will the between Fans/Fansites and the future development Studio look like?

Wein: We the Publisher will be very active. Just ask Don-Esteban. Its working quite well with Risen and we wanna take a similar approach for Sacred 3. With Pixel our Community Manager its working out

quite nicely we will intensify this when we have more concrete infos to the game.

Edited by Dragon Brother
  • 2 weeks later...

Was nice to see they intend to try to avoid the heritage of Sacred 1/2 with regards to QA. Sacred 2 was better than 1 in some regards (Less broken quests) but QA also needs to make sure it works well on hardware and that was an issue for a while.

Still nice to read something is happening :bounce: