Blowpipe glitch on XBox

dicemanxx

Tragedy has struck - while immensely enjoying this Dryad build, I noticed something was not right regarding the damage output from Blowpipes and Bows on the XBOX360. My suspicions were confirmed by looking at some threads on gamefaqs. Specifically, Blowpipes get *stronger* as their level decreases. For instance, I was using a level 114 Blowpipe on a level 100 Dryad (with a sliver and gold slot fitted with X-X damage items purchased by a level 110 shopper). My total damage listed for Ravaged Impact was around 14,000. Then I switched to my level 5 Blowpipe and the damage jumped to a whopping 36,000! The only problem was that the high damage was only applicable to certain enemies (all in Niob difficulty). Certain enemies were taking 25,000 damage (as opposed to the 8,000 damage from the level 114 Blowpipe), but other enemies such as the large scorpions and Nameless Guardians were taking 1000 damage per hit regardless of which Blowpipe (!) I was using! I know the monsters all have different resistances but that cannot account for such a disparity in the data.

So for those enjoying this build on the XBOX360 - beware the Blowpipe glitch, and if you want to max out the damage, get yourself a level 3 Dryad shopper (or if you're more patient, a level 2 HE shopper) and find a level 2-3 Blowpipe with 2 Silver/Gold slots if you want to send your damage output into the stratosphere! I still get the feeling that I'm "cheating" when I do this, but I cannot help it because it doesn't make sense to keep buying higher level blowpipes as my damage output then gets lower and one of the reasons I keep playing past level 100 is to push my damage output higher and improve my gear.

Sigh - first the "feel cold" mod busts the High Elf build on the XBOX, and now this - I think this is going to force me to buy the PC version of Sacred 2 (or at least wait until Sacred 3 - yay!). It was definitely fun while it lasted though - this is defenitely an overlooked gem of a game on the XBOX360!

Hi dice, and welcome to DarkMatters

I just read your post on the other topic. I just found your posted info so astonishing that I thought it well-merited it's own thread.

Are you sure of this?

:o

gogo

This info is 100% confirmed by me on the XBOX360 - I was motivated to use the level 5 Blowpipe after reading about it in one of the gamefaqs Sacred 2 thread, so I'm certainly not the first to have discovered this (in that thread, it seems that at least 2 other people were aware of this glitch). I just couldn't believe the huge jump in Ravaged Impact damage that happened after switching to a low-level Blowpipe, and the fact that such high damage was in fact reality and not just an misrepresented damage output on the RI screen. My next step is to see whether I can shop for a level 2 (or 3) Blowpipe to see what sort of damage jump I can generate compared to level 5, but its just so difficult to get a Blowpipe to actually appear in shops with a level 2 HE.

What's even more bizarre is that I was using a level 100 Blowpipe for a while while jumping from level 80 to level 105, then switched to a level 114 Blowpipe only to be disappointed with a marginal damage bump to RI (the level 80 Blowpipe was around 13700 damage, and the level 114 was around 14,000 damage). Then coincidentally a thread appears on gamefaqs complaining about the glitched bows and RI damage (apparently, the bonus damage from RI either doesn't apply or only minimally applies to Bows), and then the thread quickly transitioned to a discussion of the glitched nature of Blowpipes.

I can confirm this information for the ps3 version, and it works with all weapons, not only with blowpipes.

I was quite surprised that this bug wasn't already known to most people, so I took a quick look at a seraphim of mine and posted my theory in this thread http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=16444 a few days ago, unfortunatly it hasn't survived the hack.

It seems that the dmg boost you get from the attributes gets bigger the lower the level of the weapon is.

Strange thing is that it only effects the hard dmg rings.

An again here are some numbers from a level 145 seraphim that led me to that explanation:

level 146 vs. level 1 halberd, no hard dmg rings, no dmg increasing stats on them.

level 146 (max. 462 dmg)

max dmg in overwiew: 3815

dmg boost displayed at strength: 1411

level 1 (max. 53 dmg)

max dmg in overview: 1887

dmg boost displayed at strength: 1391

that changes when you use hard dmg rings (in this case 342 hard dmg from rings socketed into the armor):

level 146 (max. 462 dmg)

max dmg in overview: 8611

dmg boost displayed at strength: 3507

level 1 (max. 53 dmg)

dmg in overview: 17507-18…

dmg boost displayed at strength: 15931

I remember Bariel did some tests and saw the same effects with blowpipes.

What wasn't tested was if there's a point where a ring with +x attribute gives more dmg than a hard dmg ring when already having a certain amount of hard dmg rings socketed. As I haven't much time for sacred this week, it would be great if someone could check this.

Hope that was understandable, cause my last english lesson was about 8 years ago.

Hmmm ok seems it lost my posts on my thread about Kybele's song about this but yes it's absolutely 100% confirmed the lower the level weapon you use the higher the damage output.

Truly gutted about it as it ruins the thought of finding better weapons as you level up :)

I can confirm that this is "mostly" true... It is definitely true if high-level hard damage rings are forged into lower-level armour/weapons.

When I went and tested the hard damage rings on low-level weapons (Magic Coup elf and Shadow Warrior), I did it "fairly" - that is to say the hard damage rings were the same level as my toons (elf 55-ish and SW 80). The displayed damage almost matched the damage of the high-level weapons, and I believe there may be a breakpoint where "fair" socketing of dmg rings will out-damage the higher-level weapons. But that breakpoint is definitely higher than 80 (with Niob-quality rings, OFC).

Sorry, PC users 8( I don't think this works for you.

EDIT: I was using level 2 weapons for testing. Pistol for elf and 2H hammer for SW.

Edited by essjayehm

Yeah I've only tested with high level dmg rings socketted.

Glad that there's some reasoning behind it even if it is a bug, thought I was going half crazy asking why my higher level weapon did less damage than the level 6 one!

Edited by Bariel
  • 2 weeks later...
Well shoot what is the point in getting the cooler weapons that have nice little stats to them if some dinky level 2 weapon will oust it in damage?

High damage is not always needed,you can get by with doing less than 20,000 even after you hit 200.