Regen Per Hit

Wyatthaplo

I have been playing my SW up to level 84 and I am starting to get some very good RPH jewel. I have been thinking about making a SW with no focus skills and using the RPH jewels to regenerate the combat arts.

I think the biggest problem I will have with this is the fact that my HLCAWP will drop a fair bit. I beleive the rule is 1 extra CA level per 5 skill points. My current SW is basically taking all skills to mastery so I would lose 15 CA levels if I do this.

I also realise that I would have to socket a few of this bonuses, but I plan on making the next SW a pretty much pure melee who is going to be able to hit everything. so I dont think it will be too much of an issue.

I basically am currently playing

Sword

sheild

armour

speed lore

Toughness

Constitution

tactics lore

DW Focus

MC Focus

Concentration

My plan is to ditch the Concentration completely, I plan to be able to hit everything so the second buff of reflective emantion shouldn't be an issue because I will just do the damage myself and the regen time bonus will be replaced by using the whole RPH thing. I would replace this with Combat Reflexes

Which leaves the two focuses If it seems feasible to drop them I would take Damage Lore and I was hoping Enhanced perception but I can't as its a secondary skill and I don't want any of the others. (Im on PS3 and Blacksmith is broken :o To be honest I don't see any other skill I would take...actually could someone please explain this with regards to Combat Discipline?

"The Damage bonus from Combat Discipline affects non-weapon based (ie, spells) combat arts fully, but for weapon-based combat arts it will only boost the bonus damage from the CA (eg, if Battle Extension is giving you an additional +20% damage, Combat Discipline will affect that +20%, so if CD gives you +10%, a player will end up with +22% damage bonus from Battle Extension)."

Does this mean that for example Demonic Blow will not get the 7.4% damage bonus but will only get 0.74% damage bonus OR does this only apply to mini buff type Combat Arts IE The bonus damage on a modified Killing Spree and that demonic blow/Scything Sweep and Frenzied rampage would get FULL benefits? I would also totally be able to use that combo :pirate:

I would totally choose Combat Discipline if this all seems to be the case.

So basically If using Lots of RPH bonus's does that make regeneration times obsolete enough to the point I can swap the two focuses for Damage Lore and Combat Discipline?

From the point of view of regen times, probably, but don't forget that if you have no (or low level) Focus skills you'll end up with low level CAs which won't be as effective. Assuming that you're aiming for level 200, your "max" level CA should be around ~50 or so. If you then have a level 300 Focus, that would add another ~60 levels or so to your max CA level.

Regarding Combat Discipline, it would only affect the bonus damage that Demonic blow gives you. So if your weapon was doing 100 damage & DB says it does 150, Combat Discipline only boosts the +50. For the non-weapon-based CAs Combat Discipline (eg, Killing Spree) will boost all of the damage.

Hi James

I remember thinking the same thing as you when the Regen per Hit mod was working after the Ice and Blood expansion for PC. The amount of power it could imbue a dryad with was just outstanding. As llama pointed out though, it's not just the regen the focus's give us but also the damage via level.

Still..it's an interesting prospect to see if a Lore could do enough for damage with RPH as way to modify the regens...

:agreed:

gogo

Im thinking that seeing as I will be using the Grim Resiliance buff exclusively and 3 of the other arts regularly I think I definately need to take the DW focus for the level issue. I think I will leave the MC focus till late in the game and see how it goes.

Thanks for the advice.