Search for the Sacred 2 Easter Eggs - Help us collect 'em

I saw you were into the Easter Eggs too... the new Star Wars page for the wiki easter eggs is great

:)

gogo

I see you and Schot were busy beavers today with the Easter Egg Page - Looks nice... Didn't recognize it at first!

Sacred 2 Easter Eggs on SacredWiki

Got another one for you. I was coming out of the mine owner's yard heading for the cemetary hill next to Artamark's Gate and almost tripped on a rather large rock with the caption that reads:

Memorial

In memoriam of the victims of the great accident in the Ikarion mine.

OK.. So it's not the prettiest rock in the game, but eh.. It's an egg for sure... There's a new page up in the Easter Egg section for it.

Edit: I also found a picture of the mother of all mouse traps... It's also now got a shrine page in the Easter Egg section.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, you saw! lol yeah the page was kind of ratty looking... and we had some nice code from where Schot put together frames for Frosty's splash pages. The page is looking a lot more inspiring now, and with that, I think we're ready to go for the ultimate Easter Egg hunt! Beautiful work on the two new additions, if you get more, I'll add them to the page with the new links.

Hopefully this new topic will get other Easter Egg experts going too, and we'll get some more pix and contributions on this topic or the wiki itself. I saw the topic in the SIF last night... but let's see if we can get some fresh new pix and writing to make this new collection shine and stand out as the ultimate Easter Egg Collections

so...

pix

references

dialogue

more pix

And don't forget soccorballs

I'd like to put together a definitive collection of EVERY SINGLE SOCCOR BALL in the game... pix of where they are as well as a short description of where they are in the game would complete a "fix" on one.

Party's started, lets go

gogo

The dragonmaw pass is dividing the land like the former berlin wall.

I don't know if it is same in non german versions. If you cross the dragonmaw pass through the big doors (strangely in west-east direction) an officer Schaboffski is giving you 100 coins when you speak to him.

Before german re-union each visitor from eastern germany got a present of 100 german marks when visiting west germany. This was called Begrüßungsgeld (welcome money).

Günter Schabowski (probably the name giver for the officer) was the politician who said, when asked in an international life interview, when the wall would be opened: 'As far as I know, right now'. He was informed that it was going to be opened but not that it should take place a day later, so the border guards had no knowledge about this opening 'right now'.

--------------------

Also if you listen to marketplace dialogues, there is one that a brown bear is striving near forests and that the chief hunter Stoibärian is dealing with the problem.

Historical fact:

In 2006 a brown bear, nick named Bruno, was striving the bavarian/austrian border region. Stoiber was the minister president of bavaria at this time, Bär is german for bear. So Stoibärian is a joke mixing the 2 words. Stoiber ordered that the bear had to be shot, after several tries to catch it failed. Newpapers were full of it in germany this summer with photos and places the bear was seen.

--------------------

Think if I read an annual collection of newpapers headlines from 2005-2007 I will find more stuff.

Edited by chattius

Beautiful work Chattius! lol that and the bear is completely new Easter Eggs... I don't think I've seen them mentionned yet!.

Okay I'll put in some more links one for Berlin Wall and the other for Bruno the Brown Bear. I'll move your writing here with some edits into new pages on the Wiki, and when I get home from work I'll see if if I can dig out some pix from the game as well to add a bit of color.

Wolfie, I added your two new eggs to the page as well

Sacred 2 Easter Eggs

gogo

Since we're on the topic of Easter Eggs....

Ok... I found one... Not quite so sure how...appropriate it might be, however.

I recall Llama8 teasing about a quest involving some "electric poo"... I have a picture of said item. No quest involved with the substance. It's just a landmine sitting in the road in the middle of a forest. No idea what kinda critter dropped it. Didn't stop to ask. Not that the werewolves or spiders in the immediate area would have answered in a way that was intelligent.

Figured I'd ask before offending anyone by posting it.

Secondly... I noticed there were some pics missing/deleted from the Alien easter egg page. Do we have any idea what they were before they became toast?

Edited by wolfie2kX
Ah ha...the poo, the poo!

Let's see Da Poo!

:bounce:

gogo

Ok... You asked for it... :4rofl:

Edit: You got it.. It's up there - right below Rambo explains T-energy...

Edited by wolfie2kX
The dragonmaw pass is dividing the land like the former berlin wall.

I don't know if it is same in non german versions. If you cross the dragonmaw pass through the big doors (strangely in west-east direction) an officer Schaboffski is giving you 100 coins when you speak to him.

Before german re-union each visitor from eastern germany got a present of 100 german marks when visiting west germany. This was called Begrüßungsgeld (welcome money).

Günter Schabowski (probably the name giver for the officer) was the politician who said, when asked in an international life interview, when the wall would be opened: 'As far as I know, right now'. He was informed that it was going to be opened but not that it should take place a day later, so the border guards had no knowledge about this opening 'right now'.

--------------------

Also if you listen to marketplace dialogues, there is one that a brown bear is striving near forests and that the chief hunter Stoibärian is dealing with the problem.

Historical fact:

In 2006 a brown bear, nick named Bruno, was striving the bavarian/austrian border region. Stoiber was the minister president of bavaria at this time, Bär is german for bear. So Stoibärian is a joke mixing the 2 words. Stoiber ordered that the bear had to be shot, after several tries to catch it failed. Newpapers were full of it in germany this summer with photos and places the bear was seen.

--------------------

Think if I read an annual collection of newpapers headlines from 2005-2007 I will find more stuff.

Ah.. Yes.. I have come across the Schaboffski fellow and have a chat with him every time I go into Artamark for the first time. What the heck. Free money is always good. He's in the US version as well.

There's no explanation as to why he's there though - never quite made the connection with the Berlin Wall. Definitely an inside joke amongst the older German programmers who remember the pre-reunification rituals.

Mega bummer about Bruno the bear.

Edited by wolfie2kX

Trefoil_Knot.jpg

I wonder if the poo is in the form of a moebius knot /trefoil knot. If it is it will have no start and no end. What a strange beast will produce something like this. Interesting digesting system.

I wonder if the poo is in the form of a moebius knot /trefoil knot. If it is it will have no start and no end. What a strange beast will produce something like this. Interesting digesting system.

Well, now I know!

THAT's why you don't feed the Llama8 curries! (grave inscription somewhere...)

Boom... another four... done!

Wolfy, I'm not sure what happened to those pix, I'll have a look for them later on or maybe we'll just have to put in fresh new pix. Loco just helped with the video for the rambo insert in the Wiki, and Barristan thanks for the extra note. This is turning into a fun project...

Let's go, where are the rest...

Bring it on!

gogo

Well, now I know!

THAT's why you don't feed the Llama8 curries! (grave inscription somewhere...)

Makes sense to me...

Speaking of graves... Anyone up for a section on celebrity graves or statuary? There's a bunch in the Thylysium cemetary - and in a sense they're a double easter egg. You know the ones - "Warren Zevon - So long and thanks for all the music".

The "So long and thanks for all the ____" bit is a nod to Douglas Adams' classic 4th part of the Hitchiker's Guide Trilogy "So Long and Thanks for All The Fish".

Is there a pic that really shows the immense size of the foot print blessed by this all natural, 100 % recyclable package?

Least I hope it is

gogo

Sorry to report, there weren't any in evidence in the area... And as you can see, I'm in Grass mowed graphics mode so it'd be quite obvious.

Hmmm, well I just found this part of the Wiki that Schot put in :

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacre...ve_Inscriptions

I'm not sure how he put together all that time to get pix of the gravestones like that... it loox beautiful but that would take us forever o_O

Let me speak to him ( have to find him :lol;) and see if he has a way of doing this better. Maybe game files can pull out all the grave inscriptions for us... yeah I know it's kinda like cheating...but it lets us get to the other cool, more fun easter eggs

gogo

Definitely worthy!

We have the mouse trap, but we don't have that footprint yet. Thanks for bringing it here. Loco, I'll bring that to wiki now too.

I also remember you had really sharp pics of the Excalibur sword. Do you know where that topic is off hand?

gogo